The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been to UCL yet to enrol? I saw lots of students there yesterday when I went past it. What was it like? :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by clumsybear
Lol I know I just remember doing a treasure hunt at the start of high school :biggrin:, but yeah it should be quite fun.

Oh wow, didn't know you were an international student, where are you flying from? :smile:

lol i thought i've told you before :tongue:, from Hong Kong. I'm already in the hall.:smile: I heard from my flatmate that we can actually enroll anytime we want, but i guess i would still stick with the time the school gave us.
Reply 282
Original post by Gales
Has anyone eligible for UCL's bursary received any info?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I didn't hear about my bursary last year it just went straight into my bank account a few days after the loan went in so don't worry :smile:
Original post by bellion023
lol i thought i've told you before :tongue:, from Hong Kong. I'm already in the hall.:smile: I heard from my flatmate that we can actually enroll anytime we want, but i guess i would still stick with the time the school gave us.

Lol no :smile: that's cool.

Yeah I think people have started enrolling now but it's probably best just to go at the time allocated.

How're you finding London btw?
Lol no :smile: that's cool.

Yeah I think people have started enrolling now but it's probably best just to go at the time allocated.

How're you finding London btw?

The weather is great so far, the people are also really helpful :smile: My room is on the first floor, so it's a lil bit noisy but i guess i can study in the school library. Have been busy for the whole day buying basic necessities, i would prolly go shopping later in Oxford Circus. :biggrin:
The weather is great so far, the people are also really helpful :smile: My room is on the first floor, so it's a lil bit noisy but i guess i can study in the school library. Have been busy for the whole day buying basic necessities, i would prolly go shopping later in Oxford Circus. :biggrin:

Lol you're the first person I think I've heard to compliment the current British weather :biggrin:.

That doesn't sound too bad because you can use the pharm library and the ucl main one and have fun in Oxford street!
Reply 286
Original post by Unknowinghippo
Yes!:smile:

Awesome! where are you from?
Lol you're the first person I think I've heard to compliment the current British weather :biggrin:.

That doesn't sound too bad because you can use the pharm library and the ucl main one and have fun in Oxford street!

Ahh..Maybe it's a bit too soon to judge london's weather this afternoon:frown:. The weather was terrible when i got to Oxford Street, it's a pain in the ass when you have to take several shopping bags along with an umbrella to walk for four hours. :angry::angry::angry: I guess it's even more energy-demanding than playing the treasure hunt! any idea when will the weather turn better?

btw, do you know how do i apply for the student oyster card? do i have to wait for the enrollment day?
Ahh..Maybe it's a bit too soon to judge london's weather this afternoon:frown:. The weather was terrible when i got to Oxford Street, it's a pain in the ass when you have to take several shopping bags along with an umbrella to walk for four hours. :angry::angry::angry: I guess it's even more energy-demanding than playing the treasure hunt! any idea when will the weather turn better?

btw, do you know how do i apply for the student oyster card? do i have to wait for the enrollment day?

Ah that sucks, I'm afraid the weather is downhill from here :redface:, I think they said it would be raining throughout the next week.

You apply online and then ucl confirm your application; http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx
Ah that sucks, I'm afraid the weather is downhill from here :redface:, I think they said it would be raining throughout the next week.

You apply online and then ucl confirm your application; http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14312.aspx

So what should i put in as my enrolment number? do you mean ucl will confirm my application, then i can collect it in tube station?
So what should i put in as my enrolment number? do you mean ucl will confirm my application, then i can collect it in tube station?

I put my student number, you know the one they send in the enrollment email. No once ucl confirm you're a student there etc you get it sent in the post :smile:.
Reply 291
Yes I'm looking forward to Freshers! Any fellow chemistry students here? :smile:
Reply 292
Original post by Lilbugger
What's up guys, I am also worried about accommodation cos I insured UCL (big mistake in hindsight) and now they are telling me I have to find private housing. I found some student houses and stuff but I really don't think it's ideal to be living with complete randomers while trying to make friends at UCL so im not too happy...

Anyway can someone please tell me how long it usually takes to get a place after you have been put on the waiting list? I am an international student if that makes any difference (I heard it does). And also if nothing works out is it realyl that unsociable living outside of UCL Halls or am I getting worried over nothing? It's not like I'm introvert and can't make friends I just don't like the thought of going home by myself after a heavy night and miss out on all the fun stuff...

Oh and yh congrats to anyone who's gotten in very excited to meet everyone - I'm reading Chemistry if anyone is interested haha

Im reading chemistry and living at home. At first i was worried about missing out on all the stuff too, but after reading reviews by past UCL students who lived at home Im not worried anymore. They said they didnt miss out on anything and had a really good time. I guess it depends on the type of person you are. Someone who is unsociable and living in halls could go out less than someone who lives at home who is willing to make the effort. :smile:
Original post by Marc707
Yes I'm looking forward to Freshers! Any fellow chemistry students here? :smile:

What freshers events have you booked? And also if you're a home stay-er Facebook the group "UCL live at home freshers 2012" and join! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 294
What freshers events have you booked? And also if you're a home stay-er Facebook the group "UCL live at home freshers 2012" and join! :biggrin:

Thanks! I haven't booked any events yet because i felt a bit weird organising things when I dont know anyone who is going. Ive seen loads of people who have booked thongs though, so I'll try to reserve something now. If it's too late hopefully I can buy tickets on the door :smile:
Reply 295

Im going to try to book the Fiesta and the Welcome ball. You? :smile:
Original post by Marc707
Thanks! I haven't booked any events yet because i felt a bit weird organising things when I dont know anyone who is going. Ive seen loads of people who have booked thongs though, so I'll try to reserve something now. If it's too late hopefully I can buy tickets on the door :smile:

Fair enough, I've booked events despite not knowing anyone, living in halls and having no idea how to get back at 3 in the morning :s-smilie:. But hey it's all part of the experience I guess.

I've read online that some events had started selling out already but I don't know which ones.
Reply 297
Original post by Marc707
Im reading chemistry and living at home. At first i was worried about missing out on all the stuff too, but after reading reviews by past UCL students who lived at home Im not worried anymore. They said they didnt miss out on anything and had a really good time. I guess it depends on the type of person you are. Someone who is unsociable and living in halls could go out less than someone who lives at home who is willing to make the effort. :smile:

What worries me is not having all the casual pre-drinking/talking before the club nights etc. begin. I have no idea what's happening before Fiesta tomorrow night, for example. :/ Guess we just have to make that extra effort yo make friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 298
Original post by lowri
What worries me is not having all the casual pre-drinking/talking before the club nights etc. begin. I have no idea what's happening before Fiesta tomorrow night, for example. :/ Guess we just have to make that extra effort yo make friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true, but hopefully the mates we make could invite us round to their halls or whatever for pre-drinking and chatting? My friend started Freshers last week, she lives at home, and she stayed round people's halls who were on the same course as her. Im sure it will be fine :smile:
Does anyone have any idea about what to do if you arrive later than the enrolment date? I'm international and I'm waiting for my visa to come but it seems like I'm going to miss freshers' week now... :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending