Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone done?

ReputationRep:
    so far, A in ICT A2

ReputationRep:
    ours are this week [bit late i know], but i dont have time to revise because of the DT and art deadlines coming up!

ReputationRep:
    ours is in the start of april..

ReputationRep:
    tbh i dont see a point in doing them really......... for dt we werent even going to be given the spec until we asked for it... and you cant do the exam without the spec...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    we don't really bother with mocks at Alevel (apart from regular biology tests such as the one i have nxt week )

ReputationRep:
    We tend not to have mocks either, or at least not in the same sense as we did for GCSEs. As it happens, I do have a German Unit4 mock this Thursday, but that's the only one that I'm having at the moment. Last year we had a mock exam for English, but that was about a week or two before we left for exam leave!

ReputationRep:
    Did 2 exams today, Economics & English. Hopefully we get our results next week. I don't think I did THAT bad, though if I did, oh well, at least it's just the mocks!

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooooo i have C3 today [maths]. i know NOTHING. doesnt start for 4 hours and i dont want to revise. dont even know where my calculator is

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: ppl are having their mocks now:eek: March!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ok...I spoke too soon. I now have a mock English paper on Friday bah...

I just finished my final mock exams today, they went ok for me but history was a total bummer. I think they are useful in some ways.

ReputationRep:
    ok that went BADLY. i dread the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123Sub-Zero)
    :eek: :eek: ppl are having their mocks now:eek: March!:eek:
    yes my school are kind enough to take out 2 weeks teaching time weeks before the deadlines of all my major coursework! *****...

(Original post by lazza)
    yes my school are kind enough to take out 2 weeks teaching time weeks before the deadlines of all my major coursework! *****...
    2 weeks thats a long time, my school took out only one week.

ReputationRep:
    I had an RE mock today, and I done badly had a complete mind block and told the teacher I couldn't do it. His response was take the easiest subject and blag it but it is hard when you forget everything and you cant do it. Thank god it was only mocks.

ReputationRep:
    We don't have mocks. We just do essays and exam questions throughout the year, so we get graded work back almost every week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maze.e)
    2 weeks thats a long time, my school took out only one week.
    next week we have a week of workshops. it's a special week for the whole school for trips and stuff, so our lessons are cancelled [and i can't believe im saying this but....] and i REALLY JUST WANT THE LESSONS!

ReputationRep:
    We did a mock English paper yesterday; it was a "faculty day" so there were no lessons, meaning we could manage to fit in a 3 hour paper, which is normally difficult for obvious reasons. The teachers said it wasn't a kick up the bum or anything, just to let us see what the paper is like. Who knows, they might change their tune once they've marked them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanie)
    We don't have mocks. We just do essays and exam questions throughout the year, so we get graded work back almost every week.
    :ditto: except for the every week thing, we don't do that many!

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.