Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To those of you who have had leg waxes or any type of waxes in a salon. I want to get my legs waxed in a salon but im quite shy, I heard you have to leave the hair to grow long but I feel it would just look digusting. Does it work and were you nervous the first time too?

ReputationRep:
    im hoping to get my legs and bikini wax before i go on holiday this summer. ive never had it done either so im slightly worried but i hate shaving anyone so i think itll be worth the pain! its recommended to grow your hair (on whichever part!) for at least three weeks which is pretty long time and my hair grows really quickly so i will feel disgusting for a while but at least i shall be hair free on holiday!

ReputationRep:
    I've done it lots of times. It is really annoying to have to grow it, but the strips will not pick up the hairs if they aren't long enough. Especially annoying in the summer as you have to stick to trousers. It doesn't really hurt, it's a quick pang, i may be weird, but it's quite nice really. Underarms is a killer though!

One tip, don't wear trousers that the material may be bitty inside. I wore just plain black trousers, and when i came out and wanted to put a skirt on, some black thread and bits were stuck to the leftover wax. :p: They usually cover you in talcum powder so there isn't too much stickiness.

ReputationRep:
    omg i got underarms eyebrows bikin and legs waxed on the same day. and i swear ur legs r the worst!!they killed id say stick 2 shavin but as for underarm and bikin-wax away!!leaves u silky smooth and feels fresher !!and no nasty razor rash!!:P

ReputationRep:
    OWWWWW what a painful experience that must be....SO glad I'm a guy!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I 've had my legs waxed. I didn't find it that painful but I'd prepared myself for the worst. Your hairs have to be about a cm I think so that they can be picked up by the wax. You are best going to a salon and not doing it by yourself though, also there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

ReputationRep:
    the hair has to be atleast 5mm and its better if its 1cm

ReputationRep:
    Oh we were just dicussing this in school today, in the summer i wanna go before holidays but not for legs.....elsewhere lol. I cba to get my legs done its gonna hurt me tooo much and i really don't mind shaving them.

ReputationRep:
    I tried waxing my legs in the weekend, got ready made wax strips (Veet) and put it on my legs. it wass my first time an sadly i chickened out! I carefully took it off making sure i felt no pain, then for an hour tried to take the wax off, which was real hard :bawling: I wish i could do it...

ReputationRep:
    why do you do this to yourselves??? :eek:
    just use hair remover
    -its easier than shaving
    -there is no danger of cutting or damaging your skin like with a razor
    -its painless unlike waxing
    -there is no stubble
    -your hair grows back thinner, softer AND slower than if you shave
    also you cant miss bits like with shaving and if you get softening then your legs get moisterised at the same time

ReputationRep:
    because that doesn't really work. How much is it to wax full leg in Saks salon does anybody know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humra)
    I tried waxing my legs in the weekend, got ready made wax strips (Veet) and put it on my legs. it wass my first time an sadly i chickened out! I carefully took it off making sure i felt no pain, then for an hour tried to take the wax off, which was real hard :bawling: I wish i could do it...
    lol! I would have just ripped it off, get it over and done with fast. It's hardly gonna kill you! Sure it might hurt for a few seconds but it's a lot less hassle than spending time taking it all off slowly.. plus you get a nice silky smooth patch :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squirly)
    lol! I would have just ripped it off, get it over and done with fast. It's hardly gonna kill you! Sure it might hurt for a few seconds but it's a lot less hassle than spending time taking it all off slowly.. plus you get a nice silky smooth patch :p:
    UPDATE: I have an infection, don't know how I got it, but it was due to the wax!! :confused: Any Ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humra)
    don't know how I got it, but it was due to the wax!! :confused: Any Ideas?
    Contradiction! Have you changed washing powders or done anything else unusual recently? I would leave the rash for a few days, then if it doesn't look like it's getting better go and see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Q: Why not epilate?

- much more home-friendly
    - same effect as waxing
    - same accuracy as shaving
    - cheaper that both, you buy it once and that's it

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    plus, no stickyness

and if you get an ice one, it is much less painful

ReputationRep:
    im booked to get my legs waxed on wednesday, is there any last minute words to reassure me, im just nervous because it looks too hairy.

ReputationRep:
    Youll be fine! Leg waxes are the most pain free of the lot! Its one of those pains that makes you giggle lol..cant explain!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.