Turn on thread page Beta

V Festival 2006 - lineup announced! watch

ReputationRep:
    The lineup for this years festival is being announced at 5pm on the drivetime show - I've had my ticket since the pre-sales last year so i'm really hoping they've got a lineup to rival T in the Park which looks awesome! Well in 1hr 15 min's we'll know more!

Cool. I'm not going, can't afford to, so I'm hoping the lineup will be disappointing. :p: Sadly there's little chance of that...

ReputationRep:
    The rumours are that Radiohead And Beck Will be Headlining If thats so ill be over moon,"if" i can get my hands on some tickets

ReputationRep:
    Sorry bout the double post but i found the line up and IM CHUFFED

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/f...006/index.html

or for the lazy sods the lineup is below:

Radiohead
    Morrissey
    Paul Weller
    Keane
    Beck
    Faithless
    Kasabian
    Bloc Party
    Fatboy Slim
    Magic Numbers
    Ordinary Boys
    The Charlatans
    The Feeling
    Editors
    Orson
    Starsailor
    The Go Team
    Sugababes

ReputationRep:
    :eek: the line up isn't that good in my opinion. i really wanted to go too! It's not AWFUL tho, so i may consider going still

ReputationRep:
    jen,

I am thinking the same as you. It's pretty average.

Reading, on the other hand, has an awesome rumoured lineup (very strong rumours):

Muse, Franz, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys plus loads more. SOUNDS AWESOME!! My money is going to Reading!

Rob

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead - Quite like to see them live, but not a huge fan
    Morrissey - Shall be avoiding his performance. I'm hoping he'll pull a stunt like he did for IoW this year and pull out saying he knew nothing about it...
    Paul Weller - Getting on a bit but could be good
    Keane - Seen them 3 times already
    Beck - Not much of a fan
    Faithless - YAY! Seem 'em before but they are definitely a highlight of this lineup!
    Kasabian - Another yay, they should be good, especially as 2 years ago they opened the second stage and now they're nearer headliners
    Bloc Party - Never been too impressed with them
    Fatboy Slim - Could be quite good I guess
    Magic Numbers - Seen them
    Ordinary Boys - Seen them
    The Charlatans - Not someone i'd go see
    The Feeling - liked their first single but not the new one so much, could be worth watching
    Editors - Def be watching them
    Orson - Not really sure, they've only had like one song so far
    Starsailor - Seen them
    The Go Team - Might be good for a laugh
    Sugababes - What the fudge are they doing there?

You also forgot the Beautiful South (who I won't be going to see either). You may be able to tell I'm not overly impressed at this lineup...they had better add some more decent bands onto there![/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    yes chicken nice summary although fatboy slim would be ace. leeds and reading are always better, especially if you get backstage passes like me ;d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by permissiontorock)
    jen,

I am thinking the same as you. It's pretty average.

Reading, on the other hand, has an awesome rumoured lineup (very strong rumours):

Muse, Franz, Kaiser Chiefs, Arctic Monkeys plus loads more. SOUNDS AWESOME!! My money is going to Reading!

Rob
    Yeah, i totally agree, i'd much rather spend my money on the bands at Reading!

ReputationRep:
    fatboy slim would be ace, but good summary anyway chicken

ReputationRep:
    James Dean Bradfield will also be playing at v festival for all you manic street prechers fans!

ReputationRep:
    But I live in Reading so can just open my window most of the time and hear it :p:

If the rumours for Reading are true its going to beat V by a mile...the first time in the last 3 years that I think it will have done. Bugger!

ReputationRep:
    Tickets on sale Friday 9am .... BUT ... if you are a virgin mobile customer you can get them now:

Being a Virgin Mobile customer means you can buy tickets to this year's V Festival 4 days before anyone else. Lucky old you! Just call 087 0143 2203 (standard call rate) from February 27th!

I reckon you can still try get them if you are a customer with vodafone etc. - the worst they can say is no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    James Dean Bradfield will also be playing at v festival for all you manic street prechers fans!
    :eek:

YESSS!!! Even better

Canes last years line up but I only wish belle and sebastian and Sigur Ros would add themselves to that list

ReputationRep:
    One big meh. Of that I would see Faithless (dance music for over 30's that shop in Next and think they have an edge), Fatboy Slim (not done anything of any merit in like 6 years), The Go! Team (mighty fine), Paul Weller (Jam stuff yay...most of his solo boo), Sugababes (would be good fun) and Kasabian (seen em twice already...once I loved, the next I hated).

So I'm not too excited and shan't be going. Reading (Tool and New Order are the only rumoured artists I want to see...but I go every year and the smaller stages always have some stuff).

Well well well... I've seen most of those bands/artists before anyway so I don't think I'll be missing out. Thank goodness for that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that's not bad at all...hopefully add a couple more non V stereotype acts and it would be a lot better...

Radiohead obviously...but i think the crowd would be crap for them...no offence...

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead and Morrissey are worth the ticket price alone. The fact that The Go! Team and Bloc Party are their too makes it super-dooper-awesome - I may even bother to go!

(Original post by Marrissey)
    Radiohead and Morrissey are worth the ticket price alone.
    Morrissey will probably decide not to turn up at the last minute, though. He likes to do that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    not a patch on T in the Park.... im going to reading as well tho, so all the good bands should go there

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.