The One Flaw in Women... Watch

[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll bet the author was a woman. Lets have a competition to see who can find an equally flattering one about men. Bet it don't exist. Bet the woman who wrote this drivel has been dumped by her bf and has also written a horrible one about men saying there scum and the like :mad: . And the guy above is right. I had a friend a few years ago who persuaded me to go to my head of year when this girl kept kicking me and I had all these bruises on my legs. Men can be just as decent as women. Its just thanks to all the extreme feminists out there who think that the only reason that men exist is to procreate and that women can do anything better than men that we get this load of *****. There the ones, I bet, that spread the idea that men know nothing about women and women know all everything about men. There the ones that make up the jokes that always show men in a bad light or unable to satisfy wonen so they hav affairs. Like the joke where at the end of a party can't find his wife and so calls out "Shall we go home mother of six" (hes rightly proud of having this many children, though obviously extrmely untactful and insulting) and she replies "Ok, father of 4"
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The woman who wrote this utter crap (and if it was a man - which I severely doubt - than he seriously needs his f***ing balls re-attached) is sexist; as are all of the woman who replied saying it was 'sweet' etc; what an inflated sense of self-worth you'd have to have to believe it, or even to see it as being in any way good; stuff like this might as well just read: "Women are perfect, while men are far from it". A similar piece of writing about men would be scorned upon, and would never reach so many people; smug, deluded f***ing *****es. Trash like this leads me to believe that women are more sexist than men.

How about that for standing up for what you believe in?
Ludivine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dyslexic_banana)
Trash like this leads me to believe that women are more sexist than men.
I can assure you, not all women appreciate 'trash' like that. For a woman it is pretty patronising and really seems rather pathetic. What a load of ****.
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, but the number of 'positive' replies to it outnumbers what I'd imagine the number of such replies to a similar one about men, would be. The very fact that crap such as this manages to propagate around the internet at all, as well as this, are what I base such a conclusion on.

Besides: what's your main argument against it? That it's patronising to women; not that it's sexist, or that it's patronising to men.
Ludivine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dyslexic_banana)
Yeah, but the number of 'positive' replies to it outnumbers what I'd imagine the number of such replies to a similar one about men, would be. The very fact that crap such as this manages to propagate around the internet at all, as well as this, are what I base such a conclusion on.

Besides: what's your main argument against it? That it's patronising to women; not that it's sexist, or that it's patronising to men.
I completely agree that it's also sexist and patronising to men, but the point I was making is that it's not exactly great for women either. At least I didn't think so.
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
God, You say something sweet, and everyone gets all high horse because it implies that women are better than men.. Because its not like the 'Men are better than women' motif has been running through society for hundreds of years is it.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Essentially it boils down to 'women can have babies so they are better than men'.

Most women are not the 'supermum' described in that piece of tosh and most men are actually on hand to help out in caring for children (I know I do).
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well To be honest I much prefer it too the 'Yeah and so god had an after though and whipped out one of adams ribs thinking that Barbeque ribs would be a nice snack right about now, but then decided to make adam a woman instead... Besides that tree over there had some nice juicy apples.'
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have a question, if that is sexist, and men are sometimes sexist towards women, why are men allowed to do it yet women aren't :confused:

why are men allowed to make comments, and yet a woman cannot even write a silly chainmail expressing womens values! :confused:
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
God, You say something sweet, and everyone gets all high horse because it implies that women are better than men.. Because its not like the 'Men are better than women' motif has been running through society for hundreds of years is it.
Sweet? Hmmmm, I think not; more sexist. You may find it hard to believe, but I can do 'sweet'; only, were I to want to say something sweet to a girlfriend, I'd concentrate it solely around her, rather than feeding her some trash which gave her cause to believe her own gender to be faultless, thus, potentially, giving herself some smug sense of superiority on behalf of herself and her gender. I would focus on how she had no faults, and how she did this or that that was good; if she liked it that I was focussing on all women, than she'd most certainly be liking it for the wrong reason; it'd be a prevailing sense of sexism, as well as a prevailing sense of happiness.

Oh, and I know that there was a (disgusting) motif that 'Men are better than women'; but, generally speaking, that's now gone, in civilised countries such as ours, so I hardly think that old ideas can be used as justification for crap like this (i.e. there being a need to redress the balance). How about the idea of 'equality' meaning just that, as opposed to crap like this?

(Original post by Ludivine)
I completely agree that it's also sexist and patronising to men, but the point I was making is that it's not exactly great for women either. At least I didn't think so.
Maybe you feel patronised, because you know it's not true, and that any woman with any sense would know it not to be? If so, then you do so in your capacity as a decent, fair, rational person; for which I commend you. Fact is, though, that there are women stupid/sexist enough to subscribe to such bulls**t (and, perhaps, even men), so stuff like this is potentially brainwashing and 'damaging'.

(Original post by ChemistBoy)
Essentially it boils down to 'women can have babies so they are better than men'.

Most women are not the 'supermum' described in that piece of tosh and most men are actually on hand to help out in caring for children.
Exactly; it's an argument which is flimsy, in my opinion.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well To be honest I much prefer it too the 'Yeah and so god had an after though and whipped out one of adams ribs thinking that Barbeque ribs would be a nice snack right about now, but then decided to make adam a woman instead... Besides that tree over there had some nice juicy apples.'
There's a joke about this:

God: "Adam, why are you sad?"
Adam: "Because I am lonely, God."
God: "But you have me"
Adam: "But it's not the same, God. I mean you are just a personification of the unintelligable."
God: "True, would you like me to make you a friend?"
Adam: "Okay"
God: "Well, She'll be able to cook and clean, will give you sons and daughters, will be a fantastic lover and will still allow you to go to the pub on a saturday to watch the footie."
Adam: "Wow, God! That's amazing."
God: "But it's going to cost you..."
Adam: "How much?"
God: "An arm and a leg."
Adam: "What can I get for a rib?"

And the rest is history...

Ludivine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
i have a question, if that is sexist, and men are sometimes sexist towards women, why are men allowed to do it yet women aren't :confused:

why are men allowed to make comments, and yet a woman cannot even write a silly chainmail expressing womens values! :confused:
Who said men are "allowed"? :confused:
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
i have a question, if that is sexist, and men are sometimes sexist towards women, why are men allowed to do it yet women aren't

why are men allowed to make comments, and yet a woman cannot even write a silly chainmail expressing womens values!
But since when were men "allowed" to do so? Well, OK: they were 'allowed' to do it, in days gone by, but I can assure you that men don't tend to say very many sexist things without backlash, in this day and age (women and certain laws make certain of that). I'm sorry, but I think it's more towards the opposite, than that; women say plenty of sexist things against men, but when do you ever hear them being called 'chauvinists', or 'sexist pigs'? When you hear the term 'sexist', do you think of a man or a woman? Some people don't even realise that the term 'chauvinist' is gender-neutral...
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tanzy)
The Lord replied, "Not only will she be able to think, she will be able to reason and negotiate."
How did the Lord mess this part up so badly!
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's sweet... bit sickly though. Still, it rings true
Ludivine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MMA)
How did the Lord mess this part up so badly!
I found it funny that we're supposed to exist on Diet Coke and leftovers!
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Who said men are "allowed"? :confused:
Its so much allowed as seen as more socially acceptable unfortunately. Im all for equality but after years of the same 'men are better than women' arguments I appraise a sentiment such as the email which has a different spin on things.

Maybe you feel patronised, because you know it's not true, and that any woman with any sense would know it not to be? If so, then you do so in your capacity as a decent, fair, rational person; for which I commend you. Fact is, though, that there are women stupid/sexist enough to subscribe to such bulls**t (and, perhaps, even men), so stuff like this is potentially brainwashing and 'damaging'.
Like thats not patronising? Because women are so easily brainwashed and damaged.. Poor Little things!
MMA
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found it funny that we're supposed to exist on Diet Coke and leftovers!
If I was the Lord I would have at least upgraded you to proper Coke and leftovers!
Ludivine
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its so much allowed as seen as more socially acceptable unfortunately.
True, but I don't think women should do it just bc men do. That doesn't make it any better. Although admittedly it's not easy to get rid of thoughts of inequality altogether.
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its so much allowed as seen as more socially acceptable unfortunately. Im all for equality but after years of the same 'men are better than women' arguments I appraise a sentiment such as the email which has a different spin on things.
Maybe Cornwall is just stuck in the Middle Ages, but I find it hard to believe that you've genuinely observed this. I would agree, were this to be, say, 1975 or earlier, but I honestly think you've been 'conveniently' ignoring cases of sexism against men. In my experience, women seem to say sexist things far more often, than do men. I can't seem to go a day, without hearing the "All men are *******s", or the "Men can't follow simple instructions", or the "Men would die if they had to have babies", or the "Men are so useless", or the "Men are so dumb", or the "Men are such wimps, when they're ill", or the "Men never know how to treat women" comments. Most men, on the other hand, do little more than make the odd jokes about women drivers. Ask most young women whether or not women are superior to men, and they'll say they are; most men, on the other hand, will say that the genders are equal. Women seem to be the ones who are always making such a big deal about gender (i.e. "Us women like this", or "Yeah, sister!", or "You go, girl!", on top of the comments already mentioned). What world you live in, if you think it's more socially acceptable to be sexist towards women (have you not watched sitcoms, in which the male characters are usually dumb, while the female characters are strong? Or seen the adverts, in which men are portrayed as stupid, and are always being outsmarted and mocked by women? Or heard of the ridiculous sums of money awarded to women having suffered sexism in the workplace?), I don't know; probably because you only give a s**t when a woman suffers sexism.

(Original post by hanzing)
Like thats not patronising? Because women are so easily brainwashed and damaged.. Poor Little things!
But I only meant some women. If only one woman were to get brainwashed by something like this, it'd be a bad thing.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.59%
No (670)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.67%

Watched Threads