The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I am a woman, and whilst proud yet to be, I am quite willing to admit we do not only have one flaw. You have to think that amonst 3 billion of us, there have got to be some bad eggs! Plus, its one of those flaws I hate...'forgetting their worth'. Thats like people who say 'they work too hard' or they are 'too dedicated to work/charity/family'. Yuck.
oh come on it wasnt that bad. it mite have been sickly and very traditional but it def wasnt sexist towards guys in ne way shape or form. maybe the opposit if nething.

why do guys on this forum take every little thing as sexist against them???? if i make a *very* sexist comment in real life most men would either laugh or threaten to tickle me/ pick me up or maybe say something patronising in response. my bf would just laugh and say he knows his place etc.

in the same way if a guy made a sexist joke/comment -unless he rele ment it- it would generally be laughed off or he would get a "u will never get a gf with that attitude" type response.

i can only assume that the men here feel so threatened by women (who r blatently going to take over the word some day :wink:) that they feel they must be as strongly antifeminist as possible. omfg its like being bac in the 80's
Profesh
Whenever 'Pig' gets around to concluding the update he implemented four weeks ago, such that I might then be capable of editing a signature comprising more than 1,000 characters; subscription 'privileges', notwithstanding.
As right now I play a heavy feature in it.
St. Jimmy
I'd just like to say that I completely agree with dyslexic banana and I'm so glad someone felt the same way as me when they read it! It's really refreshing to read an intelligent conversation such as the one between dyslexic banana and ludivine on thse forums. I normally hate it when people post a comment that simply says "I agree" but in this case I thought it was appropriate. Some women ARE near perfect, some women are horrible in every way. The same goes for men. I don't know how the proportions of wonderful people compare between the geners but frankly I think it's irrelevant. Everyone is different and you cannot generalise about such things, and you definately can't decide who is a nicer person out of two because of gender.

Thank you. :smile:

BBGirl
Well..................I LOVED IT *sniff*. It sooooooo rings true for my mum, she sacrificed a hell of alot for her kids..............she even stood up for me when I fought against my father bcos I didn't want to have an arranged marriage. She was ready to divorce the man she loved........for me...........and not once did she let us see the pain she was in..........and thats just 1 example.

A fine woman, indeed, but I'm sure there are men who have also been responsible for other such admiral acts.

high_priestess_fnord
oh come on it wasnt that bad. it mite have been sickly and very traditional but it def wasnt sexist towards guys in ne way shape or form. maybe the opposit if nething.

It was, though, if logical thought is applied to it; it's the concept of relativity. Women can only be considered 'good', if men are considered 'bad'; to what or who else would they be being compared? But even looking at things in more simplistic terms, it seems to be suggesting that men don't do anything even remotely good. I mean, come on, the trivial things it mentions: cheering for friends, accompanying friends to the doctor's, going without so one's family can be provided for? Jesus, you'd think all men were villains. And you think, if anything, that it's the opposite to sexist towards men? In this context, this must surely mean sexist towards women; at the very least, highly complimentary towards men, you must mean. Wha?!

high_priestess_fnord
why do guys on this forum take every little thing as sexist against them???? if i make a *very* sexist comment in real life most men would either laugh or threaten to tickle me/ pick me up or maybe say something patronising in response. my bf would just laugh and say he knows his place etc.

That's me, mostly, right? :smile: Your example just goes to illustrate an inequality in today's society: that men feel they are supposed to just laugh off sexist comments, for fear of being seen as less masculine; it misleads people into believing that the world is less sexist against men than it really is, as a lack of opposition towards comments sexist against men leads to a lack of empathy towards which; many women barely realise when they're being sexist. And do you think that, if you made a *very* sexist comment, then the responses you're suggesting you'd receive are all that you'd deserve? Does the same apply when a man says something sexist against a woman?

high_priestess_fnord
in the same way if a guy made a sexist joke/comment -unless he rele ment it- it would generally be laughed off or he would get a "u will never get a gf with that attitude" type response.

Have you looked at the threads on this board? Read the recent one about women not being funny? Do so, for an example as to the reaction a man will get when he says something which is considered to be sexist (and not just from women). As the saying goes: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Also: the "u will never get a gf with that attitude" seems, to me, to be one conveying quite strong a feeling; and, should there be anything in it, then I'd consider this to be one hell of a backlash against male sexists. The suggestion that such a guy doesn't deserve a girlfriend? That's a stronger view about men that say sexist things about women, than I've ever held about women why say sexist things about men.

high_priestess_fnord
i can only assume that the men here feel so threatened by women (who r blatently going to take over the word some day ) that they feel they must be as strongly antifeminist as possible. omfg its like being bac in the 80's

I feel slightly threatened by women who wish to constantly ridicule anything masculine, and to spread the idea that women are still oppressed; thus brainwashing society into turning the world more and more in favour of women. But not by women in general.

P.S. I know I've 'argued' with you a lot, lately, but don't take it personally (not that you'll give a s**t); I'm just here to debate, and we have a clash of opinions, in this area, it would seem. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending