Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by f_debelder)
    Do explain please for a non-educated novice?
    Crash call - i.e someone who's heart has stopped/who has stopped breathing.
    general - as in they haven't just paged one person, but have paged seemingly everyone at the same time.
    in most palces bleeps have a voice function acting like a one way walky talky.
    a voice booms out throught it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz)
    It's just playing up to the myth. Med students (or doctors for that matter) don't really wear white coats anymore. Its an out-dated 'fashion'. Most just wear smart attire and a steth (whether they need one or not!!)
    What about scrubs? They're so comfy, they're like jammies! The reason I applied to med school, basically.

(Original post by friendlyneutron)
    What about scrubs? They're so comfy, they're like jammies! The reason I applied to med school, basically.
    unless youo are of the nurse persuasion the only time you would wear them is for surgery type work or in icu/hdu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robot Chicken)
    unless youo are of the nurse persuasion the only time you would wear them is for surgery type work or in icu/hdu.
    what about under your normal clothes, for funsies

i'm sure the scrubs novelty will wear off the first time you have bullet like ice nipples in the antarctic-eque theatre.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure the scrubs novelty will wear off the first time you have bullet like ice nipples in the antarctic-eque theatre.
    I'll need to put those wine-bottle warmers in my bra or something :s

ReputationRep:
    Ties are more of an infection risk than white coats. They get everywhere.
    I guess it depends on how careful you are and how often you wash them. Personally I would say most doctor's stethoscopes are the biggest infection risk (after their hands)

Oh and we wear scrubs in A&E as well, which is the worst because it is almost invariably freezing
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I ahd wear a white cost when I was on work experience to show that I wasn't a healthcare proffesional. I had pen, paper and my purse in the pocket.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 8, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.