Men and rape Watch

HerRoyalHighness
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
all men have the potential, but its unfair to label all men as rapists. However, there are different types-men who specifically go out and rape on the streets and 'date' rape. Rape is a horrendous violation, but would it be interesting to consider what type of rape is the worst?
john!!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I learnt that technically, rape is when a man is willing. so by defenition a woman cannot rape... if a woman does something then its sexual assault, but not rape. I dont know if this is outdated but it was from a teacher that should know this kinda stuff.
john!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by loobylou1987)
its unfair to label all men as rapists
lol, well Im glad weve cleared this part up...
sour stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep. I think I made it clear not all men are... ones with no legs, no **** and no arms ain't a rapist, even if he wanted to be... but then again he ain't much else either...

He can't go fishing, or feed himself, or climb a mountain, or take part in javelin in the olympics, or take a p*ss whilst standing... he's pretty much useless. All rapists should have these body parts taken from them, that'd teach 'em a lesson. - and then we'd also know who the rapists were, and we could throw mouldy veg at them when we se them.. just be sure he ain't got a **** too, you don't wanna throw stuff at an innocent man who just happened to have an unlucky acident involving a torture rack and a lightening bolt...
john!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah... that would be a bit harsh,
"get that rapist",
"im not a rapist! Im just a cripple! stop!",
"check his ****!"
sour stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:toofunny:
half face
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You could ask the same question about virtually anything - e.g. are all men potential murderers, adulterers, homosexuals, psychopaths... and so on.

We all have the potential to be or do these things, but only a relatively small number are actually capable. Personally I could never be a rapist, under any circumstance. But even so, if a girl I'd slept with decided to report me for rape and I was convicted, even if I was innocent, I would technically be a rapist. So I guess even people who have never raped have the potential to be rapists.

Now I have a headache
Humra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All men are rapists and that's all they are. They rape us with their eyes, their laws, and their codes.
Marilyn French
sour stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Humra)
All men are rapists and that's all they are. They rape us with their eyes, their laws, and their codes.
Marilyn French
I don't...
I have no codes or laws to dish out. I don't care about them. And I don't particularly like to think men go around sizing up women... I know I don't... also none of this is actually rape...

It's ogling, victimisation via law and the last one is just wrong...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by creamcrackered)
all men...with no legs, no **** and no arms...pretty much useless.
That's not very politically correct (nice) is it now?
sour stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by 1984198419841984)
That's not very politically correct (nice) is it now?
OK sorry, a bit callous of me.
Err... for all those who are like this I can't imagine their plight, and I offer condolences to them... I was just trying to make a point.
Humra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't...
I have no codes or laws to dish out. I don't care about them. And I don't particularly like to think men go around sizing up women... I know I don't... also none of this is actually rape...

It's ogling, victimisation via law and the last one is just wrong...
Its a quote by Marilyn French. She was a radical feminist (as you can guess).
I don't agree with it, mainly because not every guy goes round forcing women to do things they don't want. What I meant was that Rape is forcing someone to do something they don't want, it doesn't even have to be sexual.
sour stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Humra)
Its a quote by Marilyn French. She was a radical feminist (as you can guess).
I don't agree with it, mainly because not every guy goes round forcing women to do things they don't want. What I meant was that Rape is forcing someone to do something they don't want, it doesn't even have to be sexual.
That ain't it's definition in the dictionary.
But I know what ya mean. But I think you don't necessarily force them at all with them things. Can ya actually force them with your eyes? No. You mean the woman has no control over whether she is looked at or not... but really she could seek compensation, maybe clobber him one with a bat or something.
All this is very overt speculation, but I just hate it when people assume
ALL MEN =ALL BAD =ALL RAPISTS...

I dislike feminists too.
Humra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That ain't it's definition in the dictionary.
But I know what ya mean. But I think you don't necessarily force them at all with them things. Can ya actually force them with your eyes? No. You mean the woman has no control over whether she is looked at or not... but really she could seek compensation, maybe clobber him one with a bat or something.
All this is very overt speculation, but I just hate it when people assume
ALL MEN =ALL BAD =ALL RAPISTS...

I dislike feminists too.
lol, i'm feminist but that isn't what ALL feminists believe. I believe men and women are equal and need to be treated equally.
I understand what you mean about people assuming all men are rapists, i have heard of women raping men/women/children, just like men have raped men/women/children.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
All women are potential rapists.
Ferrus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The few women sex offenders there are commit the acts they do as a form of emotional panacea. With men rape is an act of power.
Ferrus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Firebird)
You have to be pretty ****ed in the head to want to do that to someone.
Or very arrogant. Or with a vendetta. Or in the right situation (not many people around). The reasons are complex, but broadly speaking are an assertion of power.
Ferrus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Firebird)
But don't you think, to want to do that to a woman, you have to have something wrong with you?
To a degree a certain degree of mental instability is necessary. However a certain correlation of events could drive one who is only moderately deranged into doing it.

Ultimately it's about a lack of self-control though, as is murder is most cases.
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ferrus)
To a degree a certain degree of mental instability is necessary. However a certain correlation of events could drive one who is only moderately deranged into doing it.

Ultimately it's about a lack of self-control though, as is murder is most cases.
Murder is a bit different, they're not all the same. If you shoot someone, it happens very quickly - so I suppose you could say it’s about losing control. But rape isn’t something that happens in a split second. It’s like slitting someone’s throat. It’s takes effort and time and thought. A normal person wouldn’t go through with it.

So in other words, yes...they are crazy.
Ferrus
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bluedreamer)
It’s takes effort and time and thought.
Not necessarily, many rapes happen in a few seconds and the rapist is often in such a frenzy so as not to be thinking about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.3%
No (623)
72.7%

Watched Threads