Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just to let anyone know, who didn't, these are when the summer results are issued to us the students! Which means that we will know if we have all got into our 1st choice uni! GRR!!!! Stupid life being ruled by bloody exams!! Remember you can always check UCAS the evening or morning before to see if you have got it

ReputationRep:
    do the universities get your results the sunday before the results come out? does that mean you can check online to see whether you've been accepted to the uni a few days before?

ReputationRep:
    kill me now. thats my bloody birthday!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    really???!?!! so it will really come up on UCAS before?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *boo*)
    do the universities get your results the sunday before the results come out? does that mean you can check online to see whether you've been accepted to the uni a few days before?
    The unis get them on the monday before! but it doesn't go on UCAS until the day before - it is in the evening thou i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    kill me now. thats my bloody birthday!! :eek:
    Thats harsh! Well hopefully you'll get the grades you need, if not better, so it'll be a great day anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma1811)
    Thats harsh! Well hopefully you'll get the grades you need, if not better, so it'll be a great day anyway!
    i hope so. it'd be pretty **** if i didn't. lol. now i really have a reason to revise

ReputationRep:
    i swear the alevel results are issued on the 16th of august

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    nope, they always come out on a thursday. and my birthday is on a thursday this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiedaboss)
    No, to the students they are issued on the 19th August, however they are issued to the universities on the 16th August. Students always get their results on a thursday
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/calendar/K...ficationId=306

ReputationRep:
    Is this seriously true? Could a few more people please confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    No, to the students they are issued on the 19th August, however they are issued to the universities on the 16th August. Students always get their results on a thursday
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/calendar/K...ficationId=306
    Last year my school released AS-level results on the Friday, much to the anger of us students!

J.

ReputationRep:
    Of course uni's get your results before results day so that they can decide who they will accept who hasn't met the cond. offers and so they will have the right amount of applicants required.
    Otherwise reuslts day would be one massive scramble everywhere.

So we know that results are issued on the 19th, it begs the question whether to go on holiday before the 19th or after the 19th (or both if you can afford it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Is this seriously true? Could a few more people please confirm this?
    Check the Edexcel and OCR website if you do not believe. And if you are talking about the universities getting results first honestly it is true, i can't find the thread that it is in from Pencil Queen, but when I find it i will post it. The UCAS thing is also true, it was on the news last summer that people were able to find out before using the UCAS tracker, and there were some people last year at my school that did it! You can only find out if you have been automatically accepted to you firm choice university

ReputationRep:
    Of course uni's get your results before results day so that they can decide who they will accept who hasn't met the cond. offers and so they will have the right amount of applicants required.
    Otherwise results day would be one massive scramble everywhere.

So we know that results are issued on the 19th, it begs the question whether to go on holiday before the 19th or after the 19th (or both if you can afford it).

ReputationRep:
    why isnt it on the 14th?

ReputationRep:
    Check the Edexcel and OCR website if you do not believe. And if you are talking about the universities getting results first honestly it is true, i can't find the thread that it is in from Pencil Queen, but when I find it i will post it. The UCAS thing is also true, it was on the news last summer that people were able to find out before using the UCAS tracker, and there were some people last year at my school that did it! You can only find out if you have been automatically accepted to you firm choice university
    Oh I know universities get them 3 days before. I've just never heard about it on ucas before. This is really cool, but really terrifying, it'd be tragic to find out you'd missed the offer alone in your bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    so what does it actually tell you on the ucas website then? the actual grades that you've got, or whether you've got into you're first choice uni or not?

ReputationRep:
    arghhhh damn you lol
    now knowing me i'll probably check my tracker on the morning of results day and find out that i didn't get in
    oh well one way to avoid the pain would be to sleep in all day long

ReputationRep:
    I get mine on July 6th

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.