Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think the A2 module results are listed, followed by all 6 module results, and then a total out of 600 at the bottom and a grade just next to it. Then the next subject does the same below it, and so on... For example:

PSYCHOLOGY 4 67/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 5 89/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 6 78/100

PSYCHOLOGY 1 82/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 2 94/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 3 82/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 4 67/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 5 89/100
    PSYCHOLOGY 6 78/100

Total 492/600 A (a)

REL STUDIES 4 68/100

etc, etc....

ReputationRep:
    My AS ones were just the module names & marks, we had to work out our own grades from the table on the back. As all your A2s came out like your AS ones can I assume my awkward (sp??? *must learn basic words*) exam boards will do the same?

GCSE one had the exam boards' sheets & a print out of them all made by the school. I'm hoping they'll print one for us for A2, I can't handle even the simplest maths, the wait while I total them all up & work out grades would be unbearable!

At AS it was 240/300 for an A, what about A2, is it 480/600 or is it not as simple as that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    My AS ones were just the module names & marks, we had to work out our own grades from the table on the back. As all your A2s came out like your AS ones can I assume my awkward (sp??? *must learn basic words*) exam boards will do the same?

GCSE one had the exam boards' sheets & a print out of them all made by the school. I'm hoping they'll print one for us for A2, I can't handle even the simplest maths, the wait while I total them all up & work out grades would be unbearable!

At AS it was 240/300 for an A, what about A2, is it 480/600 or is it not as simple as that?
    yup 480 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)

Usually its 80% for A - 70% for B - 60% for C for AS and A2 most exam boards set it out of 600 for A2. It works like that fo reach individual paper too so it doesnt matter if its out of 80 / 120 whatever they will work out 80%.

The only trouble that arises if its a really bad year and everyone found the paper really hard, or the other way, it was really easy and everyone gets 80% or more - then they will have to standardise (or whatever the word is) shuffling the grade boundaries so there is an equal distribution of grades. They shouldnt have to do this if the people setting the paper did theri jobs properly and set it at the correct level.

ReputationRep:
    thought we got them on 12th?
    they got them on 15th last yr.... thought it was always the same week?????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    yup 480 for an A
    Thanks!

I don't know if thats made me more or less worried!
    So much for my not going to worry about that just yet, not until the 11th anyway! Don't panic.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    yes it is def, cos gcse are on the 19th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    I thought the same as you earlier in this thread, I checked examboards & the DFES website & its unfortunately the 19th, . Second Thursday rule doesn't apply this year as it'd only be a week & a day into the month, I guess they want extra time. Had to be this year didn't it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbiegirl)
    it is definately on the 19th!

ReputationRep:
    ur having a laugh we all assumed it was week before cos thats the weke they usualy are ...ahhh bugger
    loadsa ppl r away, inc head girl who has to be there!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    kill me now. thats my bloody birthday!! :eek:
    hey cheer up! It bodes well...my step-dad's birthday is 19th. August too...and he got the first First in Astrophysics ever awarded from Newcastle.

Maybe you are destined for great things

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.