The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Friggerpants
Put a deposit on this today:
Same color, with ti exhaust, cage, R888's, climate control and folding mirrors.

It's not as fast as my old Skoda in a straight line, however it's mad around roundabouts!

Awesome!

I had an R26 (the comfy, less hardcore version :wink:) up until December but swapped it for a clio trophy due to starting uni in October. Couldn't justify having all that money in a car.

Brilliant cars the r's, I know someone who recently bought one in a similar spec and loves it.
1st car was a 1.4 Vauxhall Astra. I now drive a 1.6 Ford Focus, and after I graduate university I hope to get an Rx8.
Not a car, but;

Yamaha YZF r125, it's what I had before some prat smashed into the side of me. Written off now.
Reply 243

I'm not kidding. Geeky right? I get the piss taken a lot for it.

Buuuuut we put a bed in the back and made it into a campervan which is pretty awesome. And it's still got the seats in the back and the bed comes out, so it's good for taking friends places and for going climbing. Plus it does surprisingly good miles to the gallon - about 68 on the motorway (it's a diesel).
Original post by meow444

I'm not kidding. Geeky right? I get the piss taken a lot for it.

Buuuuut we put a bed in the back and made it into a campervan which is pretty awesome. And it's still got the seats in the back and the bed comes out, so it's good for taking friends places and for going climbing. Plus it does surprisingly good miles to the gallon - about 68 on the motorway (it's a diesel).

As much as that is a horrendous looking car it's cool that you have something unusual.
I have a Fiat 500, I live in Kensington so it had to be a small car...

It's a nice little car but it's the 1.2 version so not enough torque...but at least its nippy.

I have a thing for Italian cars and this is the closest I'll get to a Ferrari :getmecoat:

After graduation I'll probably look to get the Alfa Brera.
Reply 246
Original post by iwantcheese5
As much as that is a horrendous looking car it's cool that you have something unusual.

Yeah I think so too. But yes it's hideous. And it's not much fun to drive, it handles like a brick.
Reply 247
Oh my God :ahee:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Original post by Alpharius
Not a car, but;

Yamaha YZF r125, it's what I had before some prat smashed into the side of me. Written off now.

Yamaha yzf125cc is pretty much the second best looking 125cc behind the ktm duke 125cc. I was previously thinking about getting a fancy 125cc bike, but i decided to pass my theory, wait a year then do my test on a rented bike. Then after i purchase my car get a decent Suzuki gsxr 33bhp restricted for around £3000.
Original post by gbduo
is that a full Ti exhaust? Is it going to be a daily? Be VERY careful with it, check out my pictures of my Ti exhaust in the Modified car thread, Ti is great, but its not the best for an exhaust material IMO. Costs a bloody fortune to fix and Ti welders are as rare as hens teeth.

If it is just the back boxs you will be fine, if it is like the whole exhaust like my car, then be careful. Nice car though! Strange that you have a roll cage, R888s, but then heavy air conditioning and electric mirrors. Kind of a contradiction in terms. But anyhow, cool :biggrin:

It's not daily, and yep, cat back ti!

Luckily we weld titanium at work, and I know some amazing welders if it cracked like yours ;-).

I thought that too, however aircon is standard! Also they have aerials..yet no stereo!

Pick it up on June the 2nd, after my exams can't wait. Will get some decent pics then.
Reply 250
Ah ok, depends on how they have it mounted, mine goes around the mid box/centre resonator because there is a lot of vibration and flex there, Renault might have put some strengthening there, but if they have not put at least some Ti plate between the mid box and the pipe (like on mine) I would highly recommend you do that if you have access to Ti welders. (Bit of a result that!!)

They might have used higher grade titanium too which means it will be completely fine and my experience is due to old and fatigued (well 4 year old) titanium that is not the right grade for the job. In saying that, its a £3.5k cat back system so it should be fairly good!

As it is not a daily though, it will probs be ok, as its not getting wet and battered in the winter!
Original post by gbduo
Ah ok, depends on how they have it mounted, mine goes around the mid box/centre resonator because there is a lot of vibration and flex there, Renault might have put some strengthening there, but if they have not put at least some Ti plate between the mid box and the pipe (like on mine) I would highly recommend you do that if you have access to Ti welders. (Bit of a result that!!)

They might have used higher grade titanium too which means it will be completely fine and my experience is due to old and fatigued (well 4 year old) titanium that is not the right grade for the job. In saying that, its a £3.5k cat back system so it should be fairly good!

As it is not a daily though, it will probs be ok, as its not getting wet and battered in the winter!

Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to be willing to pay £3.5k for a cat back system? Don't get me wrong, I've seen your in-car vids and the car sounds really nice, and I'm all for modifications but I just find that a staggering amount! (Admittedly, I have zero knowledge or experience of this stuff so for all I know this could just be the standard value).

I mean knowing how expensive it is, it hurt just looking at the pic of your broken Ti exhaust!
Reply 252
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Just out of curiosity, how do you manage to be willing to pay £3.5k for a cat back system? Don't get me wrong, I've seen your in-car vids and the car sounds really nice, and I'm all for modifications but I just find that a staggering amount! (Admittedly, I have zero knowledge or experience of this stuff so for all I know this could just be the standard value).

I mean knowing how expensive it is, it hurt just looking at the pic of your broken Ti exhaust!

I got the exhaust of a mate for a lot less, like 600 quid as my mate got a new one so I didn't spend the 3.5k! You're right, I dunno how he justified it either, probably because its Amuse and very very rare. There are 2 in the country apparently!

Thanks for the positive praise on the car though!
Original post by gbduo

Just found a price for an oem exhaust: Clicky.

It's funny how that's worth nearly 2x as much as my new daily driver.
Reply 254
Original post by Friggerpants
Just found a price for an oem exhaust: Clicky.

It's funny how that's worth nearly 2x as much as my new daily driver.

Haha, they are not cheap! Good job you have a titanium welder because you definitely don't want to be replacing! (Although you will have to eventually as the titanium gets old, best of not thinking about that...!)
Original post by gbduo
Haha, they are not cheap! Good job you have a titanium welder because you definitely don't want to be replacing! (Although you will have to eventually as the titanium gets old, best of not thinking about that...!)

:wink:
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
Yamaha yzf125cc is pretty much the second best looking 125cc behind the ktm duke 125cc. I was previously thinking about getting a fancy 125cc bike, but i decided to pass my theory, wait a year then do my test on a rented bike. Then after i purchase my car get a decent Suzuki gsxr 33bhp restricted for around £3000.

funny how that looks almost identical to my old R6! bar the brakes wheels and chain :lol:

sold it for this one now though:

522875_10150761089466829_506326828_9698050_519283498_n.jpg
Reply 257
Pretty sure I haven't posted pictures of the Golf yet. I need to get some better ones this summer.

Reply 258
Original post by omarion526
funny how that looks almost identical to my old R6! bar the brakes wheels and chain :lol:

sold it for this one now though:

522875_10150761089466829_506326828_9698050_519283498_n.jpg

Very nice haha, how old are you and what's the insurance on it?
Reply 259
Original post by JC.
I've just bought this...

'56 Ford 103E 'Popular'
2 former keepers, 37,000 miles from new and basically unrestored.
It ain't quick, but it's certainly different!

JC where on earth do you store all your cars? Big garage?

Original post by persov
July/August last summer. About 2 weeks after I bought the car. Did France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and Home.

Noticied a bit of a drop in power high up in the alps, especially noticable on the climbs. But lower down in France the mountain roads were a real blast, was keeping up with a 911 no problem. Now I wanna go back with something a bit sportier, mx-5 maybe.

I want to do something like this in my MX5, even got a boot rack in preparation. Trouble is, Alps trip ain't cheap, and I've just got back from a lolexpensive trip to the USA. Skint.
Might do Scottish islands late summer instead, who knows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending