Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    According to you there aren't any: they're all unemployed because of the patriarchy that ties them to the kitchen sink, but no doubt when they read this thread they will rise up and throw off their chains...
    Since when did we say that? Misrepresentation, as i said in the thread on the main, makes you a bad debater. BTW: it is curious how you never reply to actual argument about feminism anymore, but just make sexist and offensive remarks. There was me thinking you were intelligent...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Wolfie, do you realise that America's also the home of political correctness? Might there just possibly be a connection?
    no

ReputationRep:
    According to you there aren't any: they're all unemployed because of the patriarchy that ties them to the kitchen sink, but no doubt when they read this thread they will rise up and throw off their chains...
    I really dont think you are studying at university if you cannot do the simple things such as read correctly! However I will apologise if you can prove your post to be correct, but as I know this is nothing that I have said, there will be no need for me to apologise to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Where's the best place to study feminism? I've heard very good things about the Gender Institute at LSE. Can anyone tell me any more about feminism at the LSE?
    A great place to study feminism: the statistics about how many women actually fought in the two world wars (remember the suffragettes handing out white feathers to men who were not in uniform?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    I've just noticed that me, Gemma, and Claire are in Essex...do any of you live near Benfleet or Southend?
    I live in Chelmsford, and me and Gemma go to school together in Chelmsford.

ReputationRep:
    I've just noticed that me, Gemma, and Claire are in Essex...do any of you live near Benfleet or Southend?
    I used to go to school in Westcliff - live 25 mins from benfleet n 35-40 mins from S'end

ReputationRep:
    A great place to study feminism: the statistics about how many women actually fought in the two world wars (remember the suffragettes handing out white feathers to men who were not in uniform?)
    Dont forget those women of F.A.N.Y that died on the frontline in belgium, trying to save the lives of men fighting in the war (WW1 btw!) their graves say the same thing as the men "died in action" - you seem to forget these simple, but important, parts of history Hewins - I take it you are not a History student!

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as though you blatently know nothing about suffragettes, i will enlighten you. Women, especially the WSPU, were ambulance drivers, munitionettes and behind the lines people in large numbers during the war. The fact that they weren't allowed to fight does not make the feminist movement any less valid, i believe the feminist movement fights for equal rights and the ability to make good decisions, since when would putting a woman on the front line when they are physically weaker, help anyone? I believe this is the kind of line your ifeminism.com support.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, jolly good.
    So, I take it you live in Benfleet? What school do you go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    I live in Chelmsford, and me and Gemma go to school together in Chelmsford.
    How sweet, Clare and Gemma are lifelong buddies in a cruel world, just like something out of one of those feminist novels for kids: Chapter 2 'The Famous Two discover that boys are so rude...'

So C and G are from Essex-what part of Transylvania does BossLady come from?

ReputationRep:
    How sweet, Clare and Gemma are lifelong buddies in a cruel world, just like something out of one of those feminist novels for kids: Chapter 2 'The Famous Two discover that boys are so rude...'

So C and G are from Essex-what part of Transylvania does BossLady come from?
    We are 'lifelong buddies' - why do you have a problem with that? Are you jealous?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford offer a great MPhil in Women's Studies, to whoever was interested. You'd pretty much need a first in some kind of humanities subject, but the course looks amazing, really interdisciplinary. If I do well enough I'd seriously consider it myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at college but my sixth form college was 'SEEVIC' in Benfleet.
    I know quite a few people that went there

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at college but my sixth form college was 'SEEVIC' in Benfleet.
    Ahhh, I know it. CCHS in Chelmsford is where we go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Where's the best place to study feminism? I've heard very good things about the Gender Institute at LSE. Can anyone tell me any more about feminism at the LSE?
    More on studying feminism: I'd say about 20% of the Gender Institute women are dykes-when a couple of them decide to give you a spit-roasting you'll really learn about feminism...

ReputationRep:
    Chelmsford County High School, the girls only school?
    that is the one

ReputationRep:
    Chelmsford County High School, the girls only school?
    Thats the one - when did you leave SEEVIC?

ReputationRep:
    1999 - at 22 I'm an oldie! I graduated in law from KCL in 2002. I'm currently a trainee lawyer but I'm giving it up to start again with philosophy and writing...
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    More on studying feminism: I'd say about 20% of the Gender Institute women are dykes-when a couple of them decide to give you a spit-roasting you'll really learn about feminism...
    This is really, really offensive. Why should someone's sexuality matter?? I am really fed up of people taking the piss.

ReputationRep:
    No more enlightened comments from Hewins so am going to bed, night

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.