Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.A.S Hewins)
    Where do you get all this eloquence from?

How much have you had to drink?
    sadly im blind sober!!!! so what u doin ur PHD in **** face?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Oh I'm sorry, i had forgotten how you have of course read ALL about the history of chess and are an expert on why women are not involved in the sport.
    Slowly but surely thankfully women are trying out the sport and liking it, and so long as there are less and less idiots who have similar views as yourself involved in the sport the more the women will be given the chance to play on an equal field with men.

Really Hewins, if you act like this, you'll never get a friend, let alone a girlfriend. Both new concepts to you I imagine.

Look, it's very hard to construct a discrimination argument relating to chess of all activities...it's practised at home alone..it doesn't require a great deal of expense or organisation and so on..I mean give it a rest on the discrimination ticket...you can come up with something better than that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    can i ask why are you so obsessed with feminism?
    It's not an obsession of mine: ask the people who started this and other threads on the subject, ask BossLady why her tag line always says men are 'stupid', ask them why they resort to personal abuse every time somebody debates with them...

The absolute pinnacle is the loony boyfriend they've dragged in to make threats-don't you see just how very funny that is...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    I really dont understand all this hostility against Hewins. He believes that there is something fundamentally flawed with feminism. What's wrong with that? He expresses his belief in maxims and jokes, as well as formally - what's wrong with that?

The problem is he seems to insist on being anti-women. He also seems to want to rewrite history by pretending that women have never had to overcome prejudice etc. Finally, he insists on personally attacking everyone who disagrees with him which leads me to believe he doesn't actually have any coherent arguments against feminism. As I have said before, I am all up for a good debate, but he doesn't need to personally atatck everyone just because he can't string any decent ideas together to support his view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief)
    If your gilrfriend is such a feminist and a believer in equality how come she has to get a man (allegedly) to fight her battles for her?

ReputationRep:
    Look, it's very hard to construct a discrimination argument relating to chess of all activities...it's practised at home alone..it doesn't require a great deal of expense or organisation and so on..I mean give it a rest on the discrimination ticket...you can come up with something better than that...
    Why would I want to come up with something better than the truth? The fact is women have been actively missed out of big tournament invitations and have been discouraged from playing the game because it might damage their oh so fragile make-up. A father of a famous female chess player complained when his daughters were born, because he wanted to raise them to be chess players but there were no opportunities for women in the sport.
    Inreality you know nothing about this subject Hewins so don't bother attempting to try and debate it with me lol, you'll only look silly. The way you attempted to handle my post with your reply indicates your lack of knowledge in how the game operates.

ReputationRep:
    If your gilrfriend is such a feminist and a believer in equality how come she has to get a man (allegedly) to fight her battles for her?
    very nice change of subject, but what are you doing ur PHD in? tell me its media studies! please! and im not fighting her battles, i dont have much of an opion on feminism, hence i am not arguing about it, i only have a qualm with you calling my girlfriend a cheating ****! so what are you doing your PHD in? i really am quite curious...

ReputationRep:
    The problem is he seems to insist on being anti-women. He also seems to want to rewrite history by pretending that women have never had to overcome prejudice etc. Finally, he insists on personally attacking everyone who disagrees with him which leads me to believe he doesn't actually have any coherent arguments against feminism. As I have said before, I am all up for a good debate, but he doesn't need to personally atatck everyone just because he can't string any decent ideas together to support his view.
    But, Bossy, you're the one who puts a remark saying that men are 'stupid' on every single post-surely that makes you a hypocrite-you just don't get it... and when you and your pals can't think of an answer you become verbally violent, and now that dumb pal of yours has dragged her hysterical boyfriend into it to make unintentionally comic threats....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief)
    Listen to yourself..she's really making a mug of you...why don't you calm down and tell her to fight her own battles-she's foulmouthed enough when it suits her...

ReputationRep:
    But, Bossy, you're the one who puts a remark saying that men are 'stupid' on every single post-surely that makes you a hypocrite-you just don't get it... and when you and your pals can't think of an answer you become verbally violent, and now that dumb pal of yours has dragged her hysterical boyfriend into it to make unintentionally comic threats....
    That's my sig Hewins, why don't you add a quote in your sig about women then, if it annoys you THAT much. I think the reason that nobody else has had qualms with mine though is the fact that I'm quoting a movement that managed to free women when they were oppressed. Of course it applies much less now, but I still dig the song.

Oh dear Hewins has our 'verbal violence' made you cry again? Poor thing, would you like a tissue?

Well as ever it's a "pleasure" to banter with you Hewins, but I'm off to sleep now. Night.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to yourself..she's really making a mug of you...why don't you calm down and tell her to fight her own battles-she's foulmouthed enough when it suits her...
    ok im assuming its media studies! loser! i dont have time for chumos like you, sadly i have exams next week in a subject thats worht studying at university! talk to my girlfriend and ill be back!! see ya, ****!

ReputationRep:
    That's my sig Hewins, why don't you add a quote in your sig about women then, if it annoys you THAT much. I think the reason that nobody else has had qualms with mine though is the fact that I'm quoting a movement that managed to free women when they were oppressed. Of course it applies much less now, but I still dig the song.

Oh dear Hewins has our 'verbal violence' made you cry again? Poor thing, would you like a tissue?

Well as ever it's a "pleasure" to banter with you Hewins, but I'm off to sleep now. Night.
    1/You're an appalling hypocrite

2/You really do resort to abuse when you run out of ideas (which is very quickly)
    3/On the other hand you've done me a great favour: you've shown people what feminists are really like when somebody bothers to disagree with them....

ReputationRep:
    1/You're an appalling hypocrite

2/You really do resort to abuse when you run out of ideas (which is very quickly)
    3/On the other hand you've done me a great favour: you've shown people what feminists are really like when somebody bothers to disagree with them....
    You just convince yourself of that Hewins okay?! The world will continue to spin smoothly as long as you're always right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief)
    ok im assuming its media studies! loser! i dont have time for chumos like you, sadly i have exams next week in a subject thats worht studying at university! talk to my girlfriend and ill be back!! see ya, ****!
    It's not actually media studies, Rambo, although with your level of literacy you wouldn't even get into a media studies degree at UEL, are you sure you're at IC?

Secondly, why go, stick around, you're actually quite amusing...

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually media studies, Rambo, although with your level of literacy you wouldn't even get into a media studies degree at UEL, are you sure you're at IC?

Secondly, why go, stick around, you're actually quite amusing...
    Ok, i agree my use of the english language is hardly orthadox. I hate to dissapoint you, but i am on one of the more challenging courses at good ol' gimperial, im doing a masters in Biochemistry. I really am goin to go now, people like you make me feel sorry for the rest of the probably nice ppl at the "hardcore" place that is LSE. Oh and if u've ever seen any of the rambo films, rambo was a cheif! so you got one thing rite! lol. l8as ******

ReputationRep:
    You really are hopeless, the number of women who died fighting in the armed forces is a tiny fraction of the men...for God's sake...
    I didnt say that it was less, but you seem to think that no women did, I was just proving you wrong, yet again! And what are you doing at university? You seemed to keep avoiding the question when Chief was asking you!

ReputationRep:
    It's not an obsession of mine: ask the people who started this and other threads on the subject, ask BossLady why her tag line always says men are 'stupid', ask them why they resort to personal abuse every time somebody debates with them...

The absolute pinnacle is the loony boyfriend they've dragged in to make threats-don't you see just how very funny that is...?
    We didn't drag him into it, he did it because he was offended by you talking to me like you were, it's nice to have someone care about you, not that you'd know of course........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    Where's the best place to study feminism? I've heard very good things about the Gender Institute at LSE. Can anyone tell me any more about feminism at the LSE?
    Ever considered not to study feminism at all? Why don´t you go for sociology and do the world a big favour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    We didn't drag him into it, he did it because he was offended by you talking to me like you were, it's nice to have someone care about you, not that you'd know of course........
    Once again Clare, you've done everybody a favour, via the foul-mouthed junk you and your angelic pals produced on Sunday night':

1/you showed everybody what muddled hypocrites feminists can be: BossLady reserves the right routinely to describe men as 'stupid' on her all her posts, no matter what the subject, as a matter of course-yet anybody who objects is described as a sexist woman-hater;

2/you showed that you very quickly resort to character assassination, fishwife abuse, and threats of violence via the boyfriend you manipulated, as soon as somebody gets the better of you in argument;

3/you showed that you're a wimp-you drag Mr Imperial College Terminator into it to fight your battles for you...suddenly all the equality talk is forgotten and you become a little sugar plum fairy in need of constant protection from wicked men...that guy is one real mug...on the other hand he's hard to believe..does he actually exist?

Oh and by the way one of my friends pulled somebody from the Gender Institute at the weekend...that place is a godsend..why does feminism have this powerful effect on knicker-elastic?

On the other hand it was all very funny, you always do rise to the bait, and thanks again for the entertainment, especially the illiterate explosions of rage from Rambo...Go for it Chief! The lads think you're great fun...

Feminism: by hypocrites, for hypocrites...

ReputationRep:
    please no more feminism!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.