Amsterdam Watch

Rainbow_Chick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey,
Im hoping to go to amsterdam in the summer. Can anyone tell me what the best areas to go to thats central to alot of places.
Thx
screenager
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have been to Amsterdam twice but I was doing non-touristy things but I did go to Anne Franks house, it was too warm but good. It is quite a good city for just walking about in.
screenager
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
http://www.experienceamsterdam.com/a...at_to_see.html
A website with a name like that is bound to have something worthwhile to tell you.
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you are mature enough, you should visit the Venus Temple sex museum, its near the train station I think. And the flower market is delightful. DO go down the red light district during the day but have you wits about you and a hard man at night as its a scary place.
There are toilets for men out in the street, very funny, just 4 tubes for weeing. The biggest bong or hash pipe is also there. Fantastic place but costs a bob or two. GO FOR A BOAT RIDE TOO!
Gio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is the mysterious vandersexx shop as shown in Eurotrip there?? lol

Acutally Im planning to go during Easter too. Hope me and my mates are gonna make it
Rainbow_Chick
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thx for your advice
vicky600
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im going last week of Easter hols
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I went last year for the Sailing Festival there (ahh... the joys of a crew pass in Amsterdam) - it's really good. The red light district, cheap as it sounds, is actually worth a look at night - just for the experience more than anything else. Also, you can't really avoid them - they're everywhere! Obviously, you can also do things like the Gassan Diamond factory, the flower market, Waterlooplein flea market, Anne Franks house etc.

Watch yourself in the flea market though - when I went I had to get out of the way of a man being chased with a pickaxe! :eek:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads