Ox or Cam History & Langs.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I need a little advice.....should i do History and Modern Languages at Oxford or should I do Histiry and then one of the OPAL language courses at Cambridge??
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
I need a little advice.....should i do History and Modern Languages at Oxford or should I do Histiry and then one of the OPAL language courses at Cambridge??
again, it depends on yourself, what you want to do etc. Opal courses obviously cost money, and why do you want to do a language?
scanner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
You are not comparing like with like. Read the Oxford prospectus and you will see that the History and Mod Langs joint school is not just about doing a bit of both. It's also about the interconnections and if you cannot show some understanding of that and some interest in this 'bridge' area, I'd estimate your chnaces of geting in might be quite slim.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
obviously i am very aware of the 'bridges' between the language and history but the point of my question is that is it more beneficial to have the experience of a language in an OPAL course or as part of the degree....pros/cons of both?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (118)
38.19%
Take autumn exams (96)
31.07%
Look for a job (10)
3.24%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
2.91%
Take a year out (56)
18.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
6.47%

Watched Threads