Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Prawn Curry... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I LOVE King Prawns. I also love curry. But I have a question. I ordered a king prawn madras in a restaurant a while ago and didn't really like it, the prawns were nice but the gravy tasted like a madras but fishy..? Which I didn't like, and therefore assumed I didn't like prawn curry. However, I was with my dad who had chicken tikka which was crap, it was like bad quality chicken with a bit of orange colouring.
    Anyway, my boyfriend bought himself a pre made king prawn curry from Sains the other day and I tried a bit, and really liked it because it didn't taste fishy at all...

SO is prawn curry meant to be fishy and therefore I don't like it and that's that, the supermarket one was rubbish (as they are)...
    OR should I try it at a different restaurant?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    My standard starter order at Indian restaurants is a prawn puri, which is essentially a small portion of prawn bhuna and a flatbread, and I have it at virtually every restaurant I go to or order from. I am yet to encounter a puri where the sauce has tasted remotely of fish. I would assume, coming from Birmingham, at least one of them knew what they were doing, so I would expect you had a bad one at the restaurant you visited [=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    My standard starter order at Indian restaurants is a prawn puri, which is essentially a small portion of prawn bhuna and a flatbread, and I have it at virtually every restaurant I go to or order from. I am yet to encounter a puri where the sauce has tasted remotely of fish. I would assume, coming from Birmingham, at least one of them knew what they were doing, so I would expect you had a bad one at the restaurant you visited [=
    I have prawn puri all the time.. I'm obviously moronic and should have made the connection.
    I assumed it was just bad, but just wanted to check. Thanks for amusing my idiocy anyway though
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhaworth)
    I have prawn puri all the time.. I'm obviously moronic and should have made the connection.
    I assumed it was just bad, but just wanted to check. Thanks for amusing my idiocy anyway though
    Hehe nice choice, great minds think alike :ahee:

No worries (:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.