The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Is a B in AS business studies in year 10 worth mentioning? It's pretty much irrelevant to Computer Science and Business studies is a pretty soft subject...

Original post by wcp100
Where has everyones predictions come from?

Take it that peoples schools are just giving the out early, at my school we haven't even been given AS predicted grades never mind A2...
Original post by iCiaran
Is a B in AS business studies in year 10 worth mentioning? It's pretty much irrelevant to Computer Science and Business studies is a pretty soft subject...

you have to i think, declare any subjects you've taken
Original post by iCiaran

Not really. They take your marks for your 3 most relevant subjects, and BS won't be one of those... It's nothing to worry about, especially when they see it's from 3 years ago :lolwut:

By the way, I mean it's not worth mentioning it here, you do have to declare it for the SAQ though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by iCiaran

So far I'm not doing too well choosing a college, got it down to a list of about 15 so I still have a long way to go xD

Don't worry about the colleges too much :redface:
In fact comparing them is one of the most enjoyable parts of the application process :wink:
And looking at the different homepages is always a good strategy to avoid revision :tongue:
You're all so keen!
Reply 385
Original post by Etoile
Ahh cool :smile: So you'll be deciding after results day then? I'm sure you'll get amazing UMS though! :tongue:
My dad did law and I don't think he even studied that :L
I'll ask my teacher, wanted to run my ideas past him first anyway. :tongue:

Yeah pretty much! Thanks a lot, hopefully, although if I don't get cracking on some serious revision soon I can kiss high UMS goodbye! Have you done much?
Reply 386
Original post by Kidioteque
Yeah pretty much! Thanks a lot, hopefully, although if I don't get cracking on some serious revision soon I can kiss high UMS goodbye! Have you done much?

Haha better get working then! :tongue: I'm currently waiting for some books from Amazon to help me which is my excuse for not having done any Italian or French yet, other than watching tv in the target language :lol: But my orals start in two weeks so I pretty much have to be working now! I haven't done a lot of English yet though, which I really should because that's the subject I'm most worried about. :s-smilie: I really need a time turner!

Original post by iCiaran
we haven't even been given AS predicted grades never mind A2...

Really? We get given updated predicted grades each half term, based on our progress and we've had that pretty much since the beginning!
Original post by Etoile
I have applied for two scholarships to go to Germany this summer, although they're really competitive so I don't think I'll get either of them. One of them is 8 people in the whole of the UK :eek: And that one starts on the UCL open day incidentally so that week could end up being super busy!
Similarities between languages and sciences then. :tongue:
Aww! You can find them again :biggrin: Or you could even make new friends. :tongue:
Me neither! Especially if they were really close together. I thought it was bad to have three in one week and then I realised the week before that I have three on one day. :nothing: But then again at least they will/would be over quickly.
I am very excited about open days and things too! In fact I am going to the Emmanuel open day... :colone:

Wow, that sounds brilliant! Let me know whether or not you get on. :biggrin:
Haha, yeah. :smile:
They're at univeristy now...new friends it is. :tongue:
Yeah, I mean the Oxford and Imperial open days are on the same day...I don't know who thought that would be a good idea. :rolleyes:
Me too! Might see you there. :biggrin: I'm glad we're not applying for the same course - wouldn't want you as my competition. :eek:
Oxford looks so geekily stimulating :drool:

Though I'm only in Y11, I've got a prospectus (don't judge me!) Though the Med course isn't quite for me :frown:

Anyway, :goodluck: to everyone appying!
Reply 389
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Oxford looks so geekily stimulating :drool:

Though I'm only in Y11, I've got a prospectus (don't judge me!) Though the Med course isn't quite for me :frown:

Anyway, :goodluck: to everyone appying!

Bah, don't talk about that other place here! :wink:

Original post by --emma--
Wow, that sounds brilliant! Let me know whether or not you get on. :biggrin:
Haha, yeah. :smile:
They're at univeristy now...new friends it is. :tongue:
Yeah, I mean the Oxford and Imperial open days are on the same day...I don't know who thought that would be a good idea. :rolleyes:
Me too! Might see you there. :biggrin: I'm glad we're not applying for the same course - wouldn't want you as my competition. :eek:

Will do! They said I would find out beginning of April... maybe no news is bad news :frown:
It'll have to be done at the start of university, all those new people... it would be good practice! :tongue:
Wow :facepalm2: Do they only have one open day each?
Wooo! And omg same, in a way I'm glad that nobody I know wants to do my subject because I wouldn't want to have to beat them :s-smilie:
Reply 390
Original post by tooambitious
you have to i think, declare any subjects you've taken

Original post by Llewellyn
Not really. They take your marks for your 3 most relevant subjects, and BS won't be one of those... It's nothing to worry about, especially when they see it's from 3 years ago :lolwut:

By the way, I mean it's not worth mentioning it here, you do have to declare it for the SAQ though.

Alright thanks :smile:

Original post by Welsh Lady
Don't worry about the colleges too much :redface:
In fact comparing them is one of the most enjoyable parts of the application process :wink:
And looking at the different homepages is always a good strategy to avoid revision :tongue:

Procrastinating but achieving something at the same time , I like it :P

Original post by Etoile

Really? We get given updated predicted grades each half term, based on our progress and we've had that pretty much since the beginning!

The only grades we have been given are target grades based on GCSEs and the ALIS test which we did on the first day of 6th form...

So do most people know their target grades? (AS at least)
Original post by Etoile
Their loss :yep:
King's, Emmanuel, Selwyn, Pembroke and Gonville & Caius. Have you had any more ideas?
:

No not really.

Emmanuel, Gonville and Caius and St Johns.
This thread is so much more alive than the Oxford one! It's like there's a new post every few minutes here!
Reply 393
Original post by wcp100
No not really.

Emmanuel, Gonville and Caius and St Johns.

It is their loss if everybody doesn't like their requirements and then doesn't apply there! :tongue:
Ooh really, why St Johns?

Original post by Defragmentation
This thread is so much more alive than the Oxford one! It's like there's a new post every few minutes here!

My bad :colondollar:
Original post by iCiaran
The only grades we have been given are target grades based on GCSEs and the ALIS test which we did on the first day of 6th form...

Do you not have assessments at all? :s-smilie:
Also, what's the ALIS test?
Mhmm. AAAAA of course. :colone:
Original post by Defragmentation

dont worry mate, we can do it (although we can also chalk it dwn to us being more studious :wink:) Llewellyn made a stalking page for us, ive figured out how to edit it, do you want me to add you?
Original post by iCiaran
Alright thanks :smile:

Procrastinating but achieving something at the same time , I like it :P

Hey, I took the ALIS test too! What was your overall point score?
Reply 396
Original post by Etoile

Do you not have assessments at all? :s-smilie:
Also, what's the ALIS test?
Mhmm. AAAAA of course. :colone:

We do but we don't get given predicted grades or anything, i can only assume the teachers have them and just don't give them to us....

It's basically an experiment by some university to try and predict what you will come out with at the end of the 2 years. The test itself is split into a few sections, maths, verbal reasoning, and a few other things, and then they give you a predicted grade which is what you are most likely to achieve based of the test. However no one in my year got anything higher than a B predicted so we don't have much faith in this way of setting us targets...
Original post by Etoile
x

Aha I'm tempted to chill on the Cambridge thread too :P.

Original post by tooambitious
dont worry mate, we can do it (although we can also chalk it dwn to us being more studious :wink:) Llewellyn made a stalking page for us, ive figured out how to edit it, do you want me to add you?

We certainly can, we're all working too hard to have time spare :P.

That'd be great please, I'll reply to you in the Oxford thread, don't want to make it look like I'm applying to Cambridge :biggrin:.
Reply 398
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
Hey, I took the ALIS test too! What was your overall point score?

I'll have a look for it but don't get your hopes up :P
Original post by Etoile
It is their loss if everybody doesn't like their requirements and then doesn't apply there! :tongue:
Ooh really, why St Johns?

Not everyone will dislike them though.

Furry gowns....just kidding. I don't know really.

Latest

Trending

Trending