8.43%
Hedgehog (15)
18.07%
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Is there, or is there not, a disproportionately large number of BNP-related threads in D&D at the moment?
shyopstv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes there is

I'm not sure what you mean by "at the moment" though, it has been like this for as long as I can remember.

Next question:
Is there, or is there not, a disproportionately large number of BNP supporters on TSR at the moment?
Beekeeper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Seconded, I propose a forum boycott of any BNP related threads for atleast a fortnight.
Apagg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Would that include this one?
ForeverIsMyName
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't you believe that the number of threads on a particular topic reflects the need for discussion and the interest in the subject?

If you wanted to move them all to Politics sub-forum fair play, but it's a phase, just like the anti-Islam threads were.
Byronic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's difficult to avoid the BNP discussions when in every topic somebody manages to draw some sort of association with them.
Akhoza
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
Seconded, I propose a forum boycott of any BNP related threads for atleast a fortnight.
:ditto:

Thats what im doing since its starting to drive me mad
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree, for a joke-party they attract a disproportionate amount of attention.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Yeah, exactly. This whole obsession seems to be detracting people from the political issues that are actually important and affect our lives, and this one-issue, condensed version of politics is actually harming proper interest and involvement IMO. The more people spend their time debating with one-issue fascists, the less they think about their own beliefs and needs.

If all of the regular debaters in D&D simply ignore the many BNP threads posted by what is still a very small minority then we will be able to break down this wave that we're seeing right now.

Well, my boycott starts here.

Scheherazade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think that there have actually been fewer BNP related threads recently, compared to the obsession a few weeks back.
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's how D&D works, in phases. This one'll drift off and be replaced.
Akhoza
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:hahaha:
Strikeforce!
Report 12 years ago
Then, perhaps, they are not really a "joke-party" at all?

The only reasonable explanation for such a rigorous and targeted smear campaign from our political masters is that, indeed, the BNP are more of a threat than a joke.
oink
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Is there, or is there not, a disproportionately large number of BNP-related threads in D&D at the moment?
Yes, it's doing my head in.
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes.
Jangliss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yup
ArthurOliver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When you say BNP "related", I think it's possible that you're seeing more BNP than there is, simply because the issues that we identify with the BNP are so prevalent -- the National Question, multiculti, Clash of Civilisations, Islamic terrorism and Jihad, race, immigration, Us-Them...etc...are simply the real issues of the moment. D&D is getting it right.

The mainstream parties prefer to focus on more pedestrian issues publically, but like us they recognise that BIG BIG stuff is happening and that the sweeping under the carpet is going to require major structural changes to the house if it's to continue - the bulge is bigger than Biggin Hill.
Beekeeper
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ArthurOliver)
When you say BNP "related", I think it's possible that you're seeing more BNP than there is, simply because the issues that we identify with the BNP are so prevalent -- the National Question, multiculti, Clash of Civilisations, Islamic terrorism and Jihad, race, immigration, Us-Them...etc...are simply the real issues of the moment. D&D is getting it right.

The mainstream parties prefer to focus on more pedestrian issues publically, but like us they recognise that BIG BIG stuff is happening and that the sweeping under the carpet is going to require major structural changes to the house if it's to continue - the bulge is bigger than Biggin Hill.
The BIG BIG stuff in Britain is not multiculturalism (and all the other issues you have listed that are more of less related to multiculturalism), and I think this is what is the problem.

People are being detracted from real politics (education, healthcare, crime) and are instead getting tied up in pretty middle-eastern disputes over culture and religion and all that garbage.

Lets face it, muslims can bomb the hell out of each other, we can go to war all over the place, but it isn't going to affect me in the same way that our education system will.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The BIG BIG stuff in Britain is not multiculturalism (and all the other issues you have listed that are more of less related to multiculturalism), and I think this is what is the problem.

People are being detracted from real politics (education, healthcare, crime) and are instead getting tied up in pretty middle-eastern disputes over culture and religion and all that garbage.

Lets face it, muslims can bomb the hell out of each other, we can go to war all over the place, but it isn't going to affect me in the same way that our education system will.
The problem is that education, healthcare, crime, the economy etc are the political equivalent of "eating your greens"; necessary but as dull as dishwater; whereas immigration is like a BigMac to a ten year old.
MB__
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ironically, multiculturalism and immigration both influence education, healthcare, and crime.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.88%
No (581)
60.27%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.85%

Watched Threads