Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my 1st test in 3 months. it sounds so far away, but I know it'll be here really soon. do you three months is enough time to perpare? and how would you suggest working on most?

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    How many lessons have you had so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    How many lessons have you had so far?
    not sure how many, but it adds up to ALOT. my thoery is going to run out in six months time (that should tell you how long I've been trying to learn to drive) I'm a really poor driver, it's not that I don't know how to drive, because I know everything your supposed to do, I just don't do them. (if that makes sense) it's like my mind isn't in gear or something

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same - except it's my 4th test in 3 days time :eek: and I haven't been out in the car in months (pretty much lost faith after the 3rd). A bit of advice I should have followed - try and get out driving everyday over the next few months, it'll really boost your confidence - don't leave it to the last minute like me!

But you must be nearly ready if your instructor put you in for a test right? And 3 months is quite a long time if you think that you could be out everyday / every other day. Have confidence in yourself chick!

ReputationRep:
    Have as many lessons as possible, but not so many that you get bored with them, if you understand what I mean. As soon as you feel you're getting bored stop for a bit, because it can really get you down...it did me - I got so fed up of learning it bored me and I was dreading having lessons. As long as you stay focused, you should be fine. 3 months is plenty of time, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    I drove for about 3 months in total before i passed my test and i didn't have any practice outside of my lessons. So it is sufficent. As long as you're having at least 2 hours a week (perhaps 4 nearer to your test), you'll be fine! good luck!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    i have mine in 4 weeks time and im already ready for it, I have been driving since august. cant wait. good luck, you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Of course it should be enough!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.