The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's the issue - do you think she's going to start planning a wedding? She probably wants to show you off to her parents - and I think thats a pretty big affirmation she likes you a lot.
No. It's a laugh. Do it.
Hell yeah it's fun, and if you suck up to them, they'll love you and you can get away with anything.....
Dont suck up.
hey why not? works for me :biggrin:
Actually Im hardly an expert.
I find the funniest thing to do is pretend that you're really shy and timid. Keep it going for as long as you can bare it.
And then go down and be fairly loud and cheeky (offer to help around the house!).
Heh.

That's probably why they thought I was a dirty druggie before I even knew how to spell canabis [sic].

Why do I bother with posts like these?
Reply 7
I think you should flirt with her Dad while she isn't in the room.... Okay maybe not.

I don't know... I think you should go if you think you'll be together for a good while. It seems pointless to meet some random people you'll never have to see again. That is my logic :biggrin:
I'd go in a second. If only for the free food.
Phonicsdude
Actually Im hardly an expert.
I find the funniest thing to do is pretend that you're really shy and timid. Keep it going for as long as you can bare it.
And then go down and be fairly loud and cheeky (offer to help around the house!).
Heh.

That's probably why they thought I was a dirty druggie before I even knew how to spell canabis [sic].

Why do I bother with posts like these?

Haha most people's parent's think i'm a dirty druggie anyway, and i still can't spell canabis or even LDS...... you have a fair point though, why bother with the posts? Surely the only advice anyone can give is to just do it, which is probably what he was going to do anyway.........
LOCneverstop
Haha most people's parent's think i'm a dirty druggie anyway, and i still can't spell canabis or even LDS...... you have a fair point though, why bother with the posts? Surely the only advice anyone can give is to just do it, which is probably what he was going to do anyway.........

I like you.
You only have five posts so this might mean nothing to you, but soon you are going to get repped (not to be confused with rape - it's far less exciting).

Edit: This post is so gonna get moderated.
Phonicsdude
I like you.
You only have five posts so this might mean nothing to you, but soon you are going to get repped (not to be confused with rape - it's far less exciting).

Edit: This post is so gonna get moderated.

Thank you :biggrin: Five posts in a morning. And being repped sounds fun, but not raped. I sense a mod too... *shifty eyes*
Reply 12
Phonicsdude
No. It's a laugh. Do it.

It is, especially if they are Spanish and don't speak any English...and if you don't speak any Spanish.

What a week that was :rolleyes:
Reply 13
You might as well go. if you gf likes you a lot, and its obvious that she does, then if your just yourself, her parents will like you as well and you can get all of the awkward formalities out of the way sooner rather than later.

It is something that i have done anyway and its always a good laugh. plus, you win loads of brownie points with your gf if you go :wink:
Reply 14
Oziris
It is, especially if they are Spanish and don't speak any English...and if you don't speak any Spanish.

What a week that was :rolleyes:

TWO sets of parents spoke in their home language around me.... AND THEY SPOKE ENGLISH FLUENTLY

quite obviously didn't like me...
i met my guys's parents on the first date...... wasnt quite expecting that but it was cool, he met my dad the following date when we watched the rugby. and the last weekend he stayed for roast dinner when my mum, dad, sister and grandma were about! fun fun fun :smile: nah it was fine, just be nice and polite and they'll love you.
Reply 16
Don't worry about it - just be yourself and its all gravy!
Reply 17
If it feels too soon for you, then obviously don't push it. But why does it make you nervous? I love having a relationship with my boyfriend's family, it's like being adopted :smile:
My parents met my boyfriend after we'd been together just over a month, wasn't really planned, he was just around when they visited, so it kinda made sense. Anyway, they now love him more than me, I think.
Reply 19
xx_ambellina_xx
Anyway, they now love him more than me, I think.

Totally! My mum rang up a couple of weeks ago because, and I quote "I had a kebab last night and it made me think of Peter." :hmmm:

Latest

Trending

Trending