The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
time.to.dance
Judo/Aikido anyone? in london?

I am not sure what exactly you are asking but here are some good websites that might help :

http://www.judoinfo.com/
http://www.britishjudo.org.uk/home/index.php

http://www.bab.org.uk/Mysql_club_directory/clubsearch_ukmap.asp
I do submission wrestling and MMA though i mostly concentrate on submission wrestling

www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk - is the club i go to, so if anyone is from leicester i would HIGHLY reccomend taking a visit, coach is fantastic and well respected in the british MMA scene.
Reply 1042
anyone doing wing chun?
Anybody here tried out London Shootfighters?

Richard
Whats the best way of forming the hand in a taekwondo knifehand strike?
:woo:
any hung gar kuen brothers here? or wu dang shan? pm me, people interested in going abroad china to study or have already gone pm me also hehe,

i plan to go china and study wu dan shan and also shao lin after university for a good 10 odd years hehe, hopefully il get a job as an english teacher and itll get me through
Reply 1047
MartialLaw
any hung gar kuen brothers here? or wu dang shan? pm me, people interested in going abroad china to study or have already gone pm me also hehe,

i plan to go china and study wu dan shan and also shao lin after university for a good 10 odd years hehe, hopefully il get a job as an english teacher and itll get me through

Oddly enough I'm going to China on Thursday to study Shaolin and San Da. Only for a couple of months though.
Mixing the best parts of all martial arts works excellently hence Mixed Martial Arts being the most dominant fighting style.
Rich2cool4u
Mixing the best parts of all martial arts works excellently hence Mixed Martial Arts being the most dominant fighting style.

meh, dominant? isnt it more towards how long the person has trained for and experience, how hard they train and loyalty to the style? im 1 to talk but i dont think 1 thing is dominant.
Most mma today is still not truley fully mixed, if you watch mma events most people have there own speciality, whether it be stand up or ground work, but i do agree to be truley dominant you need knowledge in both.
God. I really need to get back to playing Judo.
What? I don't consider myself a Judoka, I certainly don't "do" Judo, it just seems the right verb, you know? describes it as a sport, and doesn't offend those who are serious about it by including me, a dabbler, in their ranks rofl.
Reply 1053
Achieved Shodan in Karate, age 11. Then the Sensei got diagnosed with cancer so had to shut down the dojo. Currently looking in to starting up again but with a different discipline.
Yes but I could never say "I Judo" in the same way I can say "I Box" it just seems to sound wrong.
Was anyone else at the Jitsu Randori nationals in Telford this weekend?
Reply 1056
who else is angry dat theirs no seni09 vause of the credit crunch
Hey, I'm nearly ready to test for my Black Belt in Kickboxing....I know not everyone classes it as a Martial Art but I thought I'd post anyway :smile:
dannicottell
Hey, I'm nearly ready to test for my Black Belt in Kickboxing....I know not everyone classes it as a Martial Art but I thought I'd post anyway :smile:

I've heard that be said about Krav Maga as well.
Why wouldn't they be classed as Martial Arts?
Hey there, Hung Ga kung fu, thai boxing and historical fencing practioner here. Didnt realise this society existed!

Quick Reply

Latest