Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So fun house has a thread of it's own I think we need a Knightmare thread. For those of you thaty don't remember this wonderful game show was a bit like dungeons and dragons and was on CITV on a friday. I was all done with very low quality virtual reality and one or two actors. I believe it to be the best kids show ever.

Musicboy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    So fun house has a thread of it's own I think we need a Knightmare thread. For those of you thaty don't remember this wonderful game show was a bit like dungeons and dragons and was on CITV on a friday. I was all done with very low quality virtual reality and one or two actors. I believe it to be the best kids show ever.

Musicboy
    woah man that is quite scary! unless you read my post and decided to make a thread.. in which case its not scary at all.

ReputationRep:
    is this the show that the contestants jumped into giant bowls of cereal? and then at the end there was a giant chess bored and there was a scary man all in black who looked like darth vader and he sort of followed the contestants round the board? am i right or thinking of something else??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    is this the show that the contestants jumped into giant bowls of cereal? and then at the end there was a giant chess bored and there was a scary man all in black who looked like darth vader and he sort of followed the contestants round the board? am i right or thinking of something else??!!
    no that was incredible games.

MB

ReputationRep:

Musicboy
    And i saw it for the first time in years when scanning through the channels yesterday morning, challenge tv 9am sundays. It all looks so dated now but still genius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Like the Crystal Maze it was only won once in a blue moon. They only ever seemed to let inept people onto the show.

I LOVED the incredible games - with the lift and the scary man in the black suit! We used to play the forward one and side one on the hopscotch board at school. I wish it was on again - I always wanted to be on it. The penthouse bit looked so exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the games were pretty scary (I was young then). I used to love the beginning when they flew off on the dragon. I can't remember when anyone actually won. I think crystal maze was easier to win than this. I used to hate it when they fell off that board or something and was relieved when they came back. The bit where pieces of the board came apart was a tough challenge for some people to get through, cos if you steeped just a bit out of the square or walked for too long, you could fall down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Some of the games were pretty scary (I was young then). I used to love the beginning when they flew off on the dragon. I can't remember when anyone actually won. I think crystal maze was easier to win than this. I used to hate it when they fell off that board or something and was relieved when they came back. The bit where pieces of the board came apart was a tough challenge for some people to get through, cos if you steeped just a bit out of the square or walked for too long, you could fall down.
    I loved crystal maze! hah- Richard O'Brien used to make up wierd songs and try to push the contestants in the water

ReputationRep:
    Yes Knightmare is one of my favourite programs ever.

Bring back Tregard and Smirkenorff!

J.

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Yes, I remember I used to be too scared to watch Knightmare at first, but when I actually found the courage to watch it I absolutely loved it. Move!

ReputationRep:
    Classic television !

Though why the helmet had to look like something from the viking era I don't know.

At that time of my life I wasn't too interested in watching soaps (not that I am now by the way), and so I was totally gutted when Home & Away kept interfering at 5:10 PM when the infamous gong froze all the Knightmare action.

Frustrating gameshow to watch if you knew what was going off, and could apply some logic to the problem solving bit, and as has been said it was very rarely won.

Good stuff though.

ReputationRep:

Musicboy
    Haven't CBBC just made a cheap rip off? I'm sure I saw something advertised that looked very similar.

ReputationRep:
    knightmare quality. always used to think how stupid everyone on it was, but they got to fly on dragons and stuff. I too caught an ep on challenge, i didn't even remember what it was called until then. I remember seeing one team win, did they end at a castle on a cloud? I can't remember exactly but thats something to do with the show.

ReputationRep:
    Knightmare was THE most scary kids tv programme ever! I really thought that if they lost they ACTUALLY died...........

ReputationRep:
    no that was incredible games.

MB
    tank you so much for that.. you have no diea how long me and my mates ahve been trying to work out the name of that show we even emailed cbbc but they were useless

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was absolutely terrifying at that age. I thought they were in real mortal danger, from being trapped in a weird castle.

I thought that one with the giant cereal bowl was great though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Haven't CBBC just made a cheap rip off? I'm sure I saw something advertised that looked very similar.

Yer its called the Raven. Its rubbish and the presenter is a complete idiot.

BRING BACK THE BLACK KNIGHT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    Knightmare was THE most scary kids tv programme ever! I really thought that if they lost they ACTUALLY died...........
    Yeah same, whenever they fell down, I was scared for them. then to my surprise and relief, they came back at the end.
    Raven is nowhere near as good as Knightmare. For one thing, the contestants aren't blindfolded and made to face mortal danger. Man, the kids of today are really missing out on top quality programmes. Now, it's different watching the programmes knowing that the dragons and stuff are computer animated and stuff.

(Original post by piginapoke)
    Like the Crystal Maze it was only won once in a blue moon. They only ever seemed to let inept people onto the show.
    haha, never a truer word spoken. You'd sit at home screaming at the dipsh1ts on TV. Crystal maze annoyed me most. I mean derrrrrrrrr!!!
    J

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.