The Student Room Group

Girls - Complimenting a Girl's Eyes?

Do girls like it when guys compliment their eyes, or do they think it's a bit cliché?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me? No. I'm visually impaired, eyes = no go zone.

Generally? Probably.
Yep, always a winner. :smile: With me, at least. Think my eyes are one of my most-complimented features, actually. Maybe because guys know they're one of the features one can describe without sounding pervy, and for which there is a wide range of possible adjectives. :smile:
Reply 3
Sure :smile: Why not? I mean people like to be complimented in general, as long as the compliments aren't creepy or a bit too much, then sure its nice :biggrin:

I don't like to be over complimented though, then it just comes across as too cheesy and a bit weird. Also, they loose their meaning a bit if used too often, but as a one off compliment, of course :smile:

I've complimented my boyfriend about his eyes before actually :tongue:
yeah whatever, it's nice but nothing original. everyone says everyone has nice eyes.
Reply 5
Yes, girls often love compliments. Although complimenting eyes is very common and to be honest most girls do have attractive eyes so it might be better to compliment something else, or make the compliment sound special. Adding something about the colour might work, but be careful not to be cheesy :biggrin:
In the end any compliment is a good compliment :smile:
Reply 6
Any compliment is always nice :smile: I get complimented on my eyes quite a bit but I do sort of think... who DOESN'T have nice eyes? xD
Maybe cliche but still nice to be told :smile:
Reply 8
As long as it's just like "You have nice eyes," if it's something cheesy then no.
My boyfriend always says he likes my eyelashes. It's pretty weird. Don't do that.
I think he actually means eye makeup. :tongue:

Anyway, eyes is okay, but I think you'd be better complimenting something else, like freckles or something, because this way it's like you've actually paid attention to her face, and not just rattled off a typical "oh yeah, your eyes are dead nice." :smile:
Reply 10
Girls like it, but it depends how you do it.

You need to grab her chin, and shove your face right in hers. Then twist her head to the side, and whisper in her ear: "... like gems".

Let me know how it goes.
Any compliment is a nice compliment. Well, almost any. :smile:
Original post by Vikki1805
Any compliment is a nice compliment. Well, almost any. :smile:

Contradictory :tongue:

So which compliments are guys meant to stay away from? is the ones like "wow nice tits"? :colone: :lol:
Original post by parasitic
Yes, girls often love compliments. Although complimenting eyes is very common and to be honest most girls do have attractive eyes so it might be better to compliment something else, or make the compliment sound special. Adding something about the colour might work, but be careful not to be cheesy :biggrin:
In the end any compliment is a good compliment :smile:

youve got great tits love - ya up for it?
Original post by tehFrance

So which compliments are guys meant to stay away from? is the ones like "wow nice tits"? :colone: :lol:

Well, I guess backhanded compliments are never good.

"I love how you don't care about being ugly"

I doubt that would ever go down well. :mmm:
Reply 15
if she has nice eyes then yes.
If she doesnt...then...she's just gna think ur saying it -_-
Original post by silverbolt
youve got great tits love - ya up for it?

This might seem a bit rude, but the fact that the girl's boobs look great is indeed a compliment :biggrin: although doesn't meant it will get you very far, more like the opposite...but I would still be secretly smug that my boobs look great. All parts of my body should be drooled over :biggrin:
Original post by tehFrance

A guy called my vagina "cute". Wtf does that mean??? Definitely stay away from that one.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Do girls like it when guys compliment their eyes, or do they think it's a bit cliché?

I find it bland when it is coming from a non-boyfriend. It's like the go-to compliment for unimaginative guys who want to try and get in your pants. There are far more interesting compliments available.
Reply 19
Go for it. Better than 'nice ass'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending