Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody, I applied for PPE at St. Chads, but I got an offer from Van Mildert. Can people who are there or have visited tell me a bit about what you think? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It has a lake with ducks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am a first year here.

It is great, fairly large, but you don't really notice it in my opinion, apart from at dinner etc.

The rooms are all the same sort of size with most of them having been done up relatively recently. The bar is great and it has a nice shop next to it and a JCR which I don't use that much.

There is also great "Mildert Spirit" and everyone I know who is here enjoys it.

Any specific questions, just ask

And yeh it has a lake with ducks

ReputationRep:
    It's nice because it's a hill college and they are the best. It's probably about as far removed as it's possible to get form Chad's in terms of size, location, arch, atmosphere and people!

ReputationRep:
    I also applied to Chad's (I think!) but got an offer from Mildert, for modern languages. I think it sounds nice but will see on the open day, are you coming, jjarvis?

ReputationRep:
    Mildert is amazing.

The End

Any specific questions feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    It has a lake with ducks!
    and ducklings!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got a place in Mildert instead of St John's that I applied also.
    And a stupid or maybe also frequently asked question - how far it is from the city centre? some said 15-20 minutes walk, some said more.. I would particularly be interested to know the situation of walking uphill heh =P

ReputationRep:
    15-20 is accurate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eva*)
    I got a place in Mildert instead of St John's that I applied also.
    And a stupid or maybe also frequently asked question - how far it is from the city centre? some said 15-20 minutes walk, some said more.. I would particularly be interested to know the situation of walking uphill heh =P
    yeah 15-20 mins is about right. The hill does get annoying but at least you keep fit

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough
    Mildert was not in my mind while shortlisting to apply (probably because no gowns formals LOL), but I'm pretty sure I'll like the college. It's beautiful *g*

And actually, from which blocks can you see the lake (the ducks)? Would people be afraid of the avian flu these days?

ReputationRep:
    TKR, I like your new avatar. Been listening to much Don Maclean recently?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eva*)
    Fair enough
    Mildert was not in my mind while shortlisting to apply (probably because no gowns formals LOL), but I'm pretty sure I'll like the college. It's beautiful *g*

And actually, from which blocks can you see the lake (the ducks)? Would people be afraid of the avian flu these days?
    depends on what side your room is but you can see the lake from tees, tyne and selected rooms in derwent and wear.

The lake is situated next to the main college building.

And mildert do the best formals according to all the people i know from othe colleges who have been

ReputationRep:
    Mildert is sexy, I type this in the knowledge that I have a mint view. As has been repeated before, do you have any more specific questions?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    that picture above shows the main college building on the left, and tyne on the right. Deerness can just be seen in the middle. Derwent would be further to the left of the picture. tees to the left of the camera and wear to the right/behind the camera. (Just to clarify, acknowlegements to arkbar for the picture)

EDIT: it has been a very long day and as a result i mixed up left and right for the whole post, should be right now though

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying actually, the really nice sunset hasn't shown up. Bonus points if you can work out what room I live in. Derwent is to the left of the picture though, as Tyne is on the right an the building on the left is the JCR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattmoy_2000)
    TKR, I like your new avatar. Been listening to much Don Maclean recently?...
    Is this a reference that I should understand? :s: thankyou though, i like it too!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Itchynscratchy! And nice pic, arkbar!
    I read from another Mildert thread about different blocks and got a link to some pics in the JCR gallery (it's arkbar's reply also as I remember, thanks hehe..) Really great, and particularly I like the windows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lingolicious)
    I also applied to Chad's (I think!) but got an offer from Mildert, for modern languages. I think it sounds nice but will see on the open day, are you coming, jjarvis?
    When is the open day? I'm not sure I'm going to be in the country for it (I live in the US). It's John, btw.

ReputationRep:
    hello hopefully future fellow Mildertians

I have a Mildert question:

Are the en suite rooms and the normal rooms the same price? Because I've heard that they are, but I can't see why lots of people wouldn't apply for an en suite room if that were the case?

Also, I read that the last 2 blocks are being renovated in 2006-07, and was wondering when in that period they were being done, or whether it's a rolling process due to take the whole year?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.