Turn on thread page Beta

Pill types watch

Announcements

What's the most reliable form of the pill? Are certain brands more reliable than others? At the minute I have cilest, everywhere I read about it, it gives a different reliability rating. ^o) How does this compare to other forms of the pill?

ReputationRep:
    You're really going to need to talk to a doctor about that one, no one on here is going to have that sort of expert knowledge.

For what it's worth, a doctor wouldn't put you on something with a significantly reduced reliability rate without warning you.

And individual people's experiences of the pill types their own won't necessarily be relevant to you. I could tell you that I've been on Yasmin for three years and haven't had any problems, but you might feel awful on it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on Microgynon 30 and it's pretty reliable, I experienced a few mood swings and put on some weight (now gone) but apartfrom that I think it's groovy, been on it for about 10 months now

A doctor once changed one of my friends type of pill and she ended up pregnant :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    A doctor once changed one of my friends type of pill and she ended up pregnant :rolleyes:

which was probably more likely due to her not taking properly than due to the actual change.....?

ReputationRep:
    you need to speak to the doctor about this... but as a rule, most versions of the pill are all actually exactly the same, they're just sold under a different brand.

i'm on femodene, i haven't had a any problems with it, no mood swings etc and if anything, i've lost weight since i've been on it.

as a form of contraception, as long as you take it every day and at round about the same time, its something like 99% effective across the board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boho)

i'm on femodene, i haven't had a any problems with it, no mood swings etc and if anything, i've lost weight since i've been on it.
    Same here

And yeah, if you take your pill correctly and follow the rules regarding missed pills, being sick etc you're pretty much over 99% covered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What's the most reliable form of the pill? Are certain brands more reliable than others? At the minute I have cilest, everywhere I read about it, it gives a different reliability rating. ^o) How does this compare to other forms of the pill?
    talk to your doc

ReputationRep:
    Or your pharmacist

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.