how well regarded is a law degree from exeter??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
acisejica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i posted a similar thread in the "main" forum but thought there would be more chance of a reply if I posted one here too....

I love Exeter and I would really love to go there, and I have an offer for 2004 entry to the LLB (European) course - the French version, the Maitrise. (Is anyone else starting this course in October??)

But.... in all the league tables I've looked at, Exeter isn't really *up there* with the best.

I also have offers from really good unis like Manchester, Warwick etc. Would it be stupid to accept Exeter's offer over these?? Also, does anyone really know who listens to league tables anyway?? I would appreciate any views on this....please help me!!
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by acisejica)
i posted a similar thread in the "main" forum but thought there would be more chance of a reply if I posted one here too....

I love Exeter and I would really love to go there, and I have an offer for 2004 entry to the LLB (European) course - the French version, the Maitrise. (Is anyone else starting this course in October??)

But.... in all the league tables I've looked at, Exeter isn't really *up there* with the best.

I also have offers from really good unis like Manchester, Warwick etc. Would it be stupid to accept Exeter's offer over these?? Also, does anyone really know who listens to league tables anyway?? I would appreciate any views on this....please help me!!
It depends on your ambitions, if you want a really top legal job, then the chances greatly increase by going to a top uni. However, a high quality degree from any uni would be respected by employers in any field such as public services and social security. I personally think that if you feel you will be happier at Exeter go there, because a 2:1 or 1st from Exeter looks better than a desmond from warwick or manchester.
acisejica
Rep:
?
exeter isn't really a *top uni* then im guessing from that?!
thanx tho
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanx tho
Its a long way off the bad unis and is decent for law, i was just referrring to the extreme competitiveness of the legal profession means you are more likely to succeed from a 'tip top' uni
acisejica
Rep:
?
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Its a long way off the bad unis and is decent for law, i was just referrring to the extreme competitiveness of the legal profession means you are more likely to succeed from a 'tip top' uni
ok then, i kind of already thought id accept either warwick or manchester but just had a last glimmering hope that exeter could be *good really*. I think seeing as im lucky enough to have the other offers id be mad not to take them.

u a law student?
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanx tho
Exeter is in the second tier. It hasn't fared well in the league tables recently but is a good uni with a healthy representation of private school students.

J.
acisejica
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
Exeter is in the second tier. It hasn't fared well in the league tables recently but is a good uni with a healthy representation of private school students.

J.
i'm not from priv. sch!
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok then, i kind of already thought id accept either warwick or manchester but just had a last glimmering hope that exeter could be *good really*. I think seeing as im lucky enough to have the other offers id be mad not to take them.

u a law student?
Hoping to be next year, still waiting for the unis i want to go to reply, warwick rejected me. Leeds is the first choice so far but hopefully one of durham or nottingham will do me a major favour and accept me!
acisejica
Rep:
?
Hoping to be next year, still waiting for the unis i want to go to reply, warwick rejected me. Leeds is the first choice so far but hopefully one of durham or nottingham will do me a major favour and accept me!
good luck i'm waiting on notts too
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
good luck i'm waiting on notts too
I take it you have taken the test this week then?

Good luck to you.
acisejica
Rep:
?
I take it you have taken the test this week then?

Good luck to you.
yeh did it on fri it was haaaaaaaaard
what did u think??
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh did it on fri it was haaaaaaaaard
what did u think??
It was hard but i am yet to meet anyone who thought it was easy so we are all in the same boat! i sat it on tuesday, im glad it was multiple choice rather than essay based though.
acisejica
Rep:
?
It was hard but i am yet to meet anyone who thought it was easy so we are all in the same boat! i sat it on tuesday, im glad it was multiple choice rather than essay based though.
what did u think of the uni?
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what did u think of the uni?
Not bad but i was slightly worried when i turned up and they said they couldnt show the video on the overhead projector because it had been stolen the night before! I'd like to go there, but durham remains my first choice, it is really nice.
mojosephene
Report 16 years ago
Am I Bein Ignored????????
who dares wins
Report 16 years ago
y do u think u r bein ignored??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (42)
13.68%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (45)
14.66%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (108)
35.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (30)
9.77%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (66)
21.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
5.21%

Watched Threads