Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i posted a similar thread in the "main" forum but thought there would be more chance of a reply if I posted one here too....

I love Exeter and I would really love to go there, and I have an offer for 2004 entry to the LLB (European) course - the French version, the Maitrise. (Is anyone else starting this course in October??)

But.... in all the league tables I've looked at, Exeter isn't really *up there* with the best.

I also have offers from really good unis like Manchester, Warwick etc. Would it be stupid to accept Exeter's offer over these?? Also, does anyone really know who listens to league tables anyway?? I would appreciate any views on this....please help me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acisejica)
    i posted a similar thread in the "main" forum but thought there would be more chance of a reply if I posted one here too....

I love Exeter and I would really love to go there, and I have an offer for 2004 entry to the LLB (European) course - the French version, the Maitrise. (Is anyone else starting this course in October??)

But.... in all the league tables I've looked at, Exeter isn't really *up there* with the best.

I also have offers from really good unis like Manchester, Warwick etc. Would it be stupid to accept Exeter's offer over these?? Also, does anyone really know who listens to league tables anyway?? I would appreciate any views on this....please help me!!
    It depends on your ambitions, if you want a really top legal job, then the chances greatly increase by going to a top uni. However, a high quality degree from any uni would be respected by employers in any field such as public services and social security. I personally think that if you feel you will be happier at Exeter go there, because a 2:1 or 1st from Exeter looks better than a desmond from warwick or manchester.

ReputationRep:
    exeter isn't really a *top uni* then im guessing from that?!
    thanx tho

ReputationRep:
    thanx tho
    Its a long way off the bad unis and is decent for law, i was just referrring to the extreme competitiveness of the legal profession means you are more likely to succeed from a 'tip top' uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    Its a long way off the bad unis and is decent for law, i was just referrring to the extreme competitiveness of the legal profession means you are more likely to succeed from a 'tip top' uni
    ok then, i kind of already thought id accept either warwick or manchester but just had a last glimmering hope that exeter could be *good really*. I think seeing as im lucky enough to have the other offers id be mad not to take them.

u a law student?

ReputationRep:
    thanx tho
    Exeter is in the second tier. It hasn't fared well in the league tables recently but is a good uni with a healthy representation of private school students.

J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Exeter is in the second tier. It hasn't fared well in the league tables recently but is a good uni with a healthy representation of private school students.

J.
    i'm not from priv. sch!

ReputationRep:
    ok then, i kind of already thought id accept either warwick or manchester but just had a last glimmering hope that exeter could be *good really*. I think seeing as im lucky enough to have the other offers id be mad not to take them.

u a law student?
    Hoping to be next year, still waiting for the unis i want to go to reply, warwick rejected me. Leeds is the first choice so far but hopefully one of durham or nottingham will do me a major favour and accept me!

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to be next year, still waiting for the unis i want to go to reply, warwick rejected me. Leeds is the first choice so far but hopefully one of durham or nottingham will do me a major favour and accept me!
    good luck i'm waiting on notts too

ReputationRep:
    good luck i'm waiting on notts too
    I take it you have taken the test this week then?

Good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    I take it you have taken the test this week then?

Good luck to you.
    yeh did it on fri it was haaaaaaaaard
    what did u think??

ReputationRep:
    yeh did it on fri it was haaaaaaaaard
    what did u think??
    It was hard but i am yet to meet anyone who thought it was easy so we are all in the same boat! i sat it on tuesday, im glad it was multiple choice rather than essay based though.

ReputationRep:
    It was hard but i am yet to meet anyone who thought it was easy so we are all in the same boat! i sat it on tuesday, im glad it was multiple choice rather than essay based though.
    what did u think of the uni?

ReputationRep:
    what did u think of the uni?
    Not bad but i was slightly worried when i turned up and they said they couldnt show the video on the overhead projector because it had been stolen the night before! I'd like to go there, but durham remains my first choice, it is really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Am I Bein Ignored????????

ReputationRep:
    y do u think u r bein ignored??

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 23, 2004
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.