?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
TITLE ^^
JordanS94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I am quite quick imo if you mean front and back 5-6 pages so that would be 10-12 pages overall

I get negged for saying how many pages I write in an hour hmmm someone seems to be jelly of my speed :lol:
victoryshinesonus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by JordanS94)
I am quite quick imo if you mean front and back 5-6 pages so that would be 10-12 pages overall
****! For a timed essay, surely that's not the norm. Aha.
darkred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Honestly depends on what I'm writing.
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm pretty quick.

My teacher recommended, that because our class is struggling with answering past papers on time, that we all take a book and copy out from the book as much as we can in an hour and then we'll know how much to spend on each question.. We told him where to stick it
TenOfThem
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In an exam situation I would say 6ish pages
JordanS94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by victoryshinesonus)
****! For a timed essay, surely that's not the norm. Aha.
It took years of practice :lol:

Me and my friend at school raced each other :L (sad I know) and we just got faster and faster until we just went abnormally fast :L

We started off with our words floating off the line though.
TheStudent.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'd say about three-four sides.
BobLoblawLawBlog
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought I was doing quite well with three sides.
Llewellyn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends on what it is.

I can do 6 sides, which is 1 side every 10 minutes. 1 side of A4 is around 30 lines, so I write 1 line in 20 seconds on average (which isn't very quick actually, try it out).

However, factor in thinking time, reading questions, hand getting tired, etc. and you've probably decreased this by ~1/3 (but it still depends).

I think it's only a problem if you can't write more than 2 sides of A4 in an hour (if that is the case, it's not being slow at writing, it's because you spend too much time thinking). If you're doing less than 2 per hour then you won't be able to write enough for any subjects which require extended answers.
Azland
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JordanS94)
It took years of practice :lol:

Me and my friend at school raced each other :L (sad I know) and we just got faster and faster until we just went abnormally fast :L

We started off with our words floating off the line though.
Your right, that is sad lol. I would imagine the one trying harder to win would be the real losser.
JordanS94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Azland)
Your right, that is sad lol. I would imagine the one trying harder to win would be the real losser.
but in the end we were the winners because now we have a lot of spare time in exams to check our answers :P
Andy16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm glad I take nothing but the three sciences and maths, as there isnt a load of writing exams ... biology is certainly the most, but thats easy stuff.

I don't really know how fast I go, but I do have to do write-ups for theory for the three sciences... I go quite slow actually (for chemistry certainly less than three sides an hour) because they are my tarted up revision notes.
closey95
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For Modern Studies I have to write 4 essays in an hour and a half. Each essay is roughly 1 and a half to two sides of A4 long. It ends up about 20 minutes per essay if you want time to check over what is written :/
Extricated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Step solutions = 9 pages in a second
Rob da Mop
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In an exam I'll write a four sided essay in 40mins-ish so roughly six I suppose.
Yumnaarrhhh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wish I could write as fast as some of you guys on here

I can write around 3-4 sides depending on the subject etc.
Lorem Ipsum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In an 1 1/4 in my Geography exam I churned 13 sides, which is the most I've ever done in such a time. Was aching after.
MissBlueskys
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Timed essays about 5 A4 sheets.
Angry Spartan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Between 3-5. Depends what the subject is really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads