Arup pre-uni scheme interview Watch

will504
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Tried posting this in the Gap year forum but no one seamed to know, so Ill try it here:

Sent my application to Arup last night for the pre-university scheme for next years gap year and got invited to an interview next month (was surprised how quick they were)

Just a quick couple of questions - in the email they suggest bringing a piece of project work to discuss with them - what am i supposed to bring??

I also need to do a GAT test while im there as well as the interview, anyone know what this is made up of??

If theres anyone out there that has already had there interview or has applied as well, it would be good to hear from ya

Cheers ppl
Ises
Report 12 years ago
Good to see someone else is applying to it. I think project work might relate to work you did in Physics, for example. Perhaps also in DT/ART, works related to architecture. My interview is the 31st March.
will504
Rep:
?
Well since we took the exam option instead of the coursework option for physics, Ill have nowt to show for myself there and I havent done are/dt since yr 9.......spose ill have to do without.

What kind of engineering are ya interested in? Im going for the civil/structural side of things. Thought there would be more talk about this for some reason, got the impression the competition is likely to be pretty big.....
Ises
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised at all, if it was competive, Arup is a leading engineering consultancy. I am going into the communications department, hopefully, as I plan to do EEE. I'm worried about the spatial test. Spatial thinking is one of my weaknesses. I really hope i get the job the schemes looks excellent, across the board. You could show your March results, I might do that.
will504
Rep:
?
Hmm might not wanna show them those though!! think i did ok in the ones i was resitting but the new modules were scary.....probs my fault but anyway.

Yeh it does look like a really good scheme, applied to a few others but Arup seams to be the bees knees

BTW whats EEE.....?
Ises
Report 12 years ago
Electronic and Electircal Engineering, although a couple of the universities I wish to apply to next year just do Electronic Engineering. Is your interview on March 31st?
jellyb07111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well..i have a friend she went to arup during her gap year. Brought her DT portfolio with her...but u dont do DT..
how about ur physics coursework?? or just bring something u did related to engineering
Ises
Report 12 years ago
That's what i was thinking, did your friend enjoy her work experience at Arup?
will504
Rep:
?
yeh thinking about that, i did a physics planning exercise for my practical exam on stress in a wire on a suspension bridge!! why didnt i think of that?? silly......

Mines 31st march too, any idea if it will be a group thing?
jellyb07111
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ises)
That's what i was thinking, did your friend enjoy her work experience at Arup?
Yes she enjoys it...

(Original post by will504)
any idea if it will be a group thing?
well..i think it is 1-2-1 interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (520)
80.62%
Leave (125)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise