Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Telephone interviews
    Keep your CV/Application details handy and avoid background noises or distractions.

Speak clearly and sound bright and positive. Answer concisely – don't ramble!

ReputationRep:
    I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
    it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
    What do i do?!
    this is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    So yeah I just booked a telephone interview with Harrods for Monday at 11am. Pretty surprised I didn't get my usual automatic rejection, but I reckon my Xmas work with John Lewis probably helped sell me.

Anywho, can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm used to those face to face contact, telephone's not something I can say I've got much experience. Doesn't help that I've got a dry monotonic voice that makes me sound tired over the phone.

Thanks in advance.
    i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candyloveee)
    i have mine next week :/, what did they ask you? do you know if you got through to the next stage yet?
    They asked why I was particularly interested in working in their department. Have you ever worked in fast-paced environment and what is good customer service.

Be sure to do your research, they can be critical.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how the assessment centre works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maaaara)
    I had a phone interview scheduled for Harrods and they didn't even call me!
    it's been an hour and i can't find any HR emails or contact numbers to call to ask why
    What do i do?!
    this is depressing.
    Did you find a way to contact them in the ends?

ReputationRep:
    I had a telephone interview with harrods about a week ago now - basically she phoned and I welcomed her with "Goodmorning, Hello" she seemed quite pleased and lifted her tone so make SURE you are bubbly! Then she just asked briefly about when I can work from and if I have any holidays booked and how long I can work with them for. She then asked Tell me about an experience you've had when you've created rapport with customers & Why do you want to work with harrods? She only asked 5 questions and I was expecting more! She sounded pleased and ended the conversation with "perfect". About 5mins after I got an email saying that I'm invited for a Group interview, I've got it on Wednesday so wish me luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.