The Student Room Group

How Bad is flying with Ryanair? Experiences please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by airdoc
Ryanair are cool, just prepare yourself for the annoying song they play when the plane arrives early or on time ^_^

Yeah :biggrin: I was a bit annoyed one time though when our flight was 3 hours delayed and they still played the song!
Reply 61
they're not too bad, but we paid for priority boarding as we were going high season and wanting to sit together at teh front, and they allowed everyone else on before us so we ended up sitting all over the place!and obviously we wern't refunded for this. It is very basic, ive only flown with them once and i would never go with them again for a long flight(more than 2hrs)but prob would if it was just a short trip. Also, the service wasn't great, the cabin crew spent more time talking about their strange dermititus!which was rather off putting when they were handing out the food!:smile:
Reply 62
I once booked ryanair with a friend, worst experience ever!
We were running late in traffic, so we called the airport and let them know that we might be 5-10 minutes late after the baggage stops being taken in and they said it should be okay for us if we're only 10 minutes late.Anyway we get to the airport and to our surp rise there are still a few people queuing to put their baggage away so we get in line and wait for our turn. It comes to us and the attendant at the desk looks at his watch and says he no longer can put our things through even though he just let 4 people through just before us! We were one minute late and he said the gates were now closed and we would have to buy new tickets, we could see the passengers that he just let on walking down the aisle surely he could have just let us through! Ended up arguing, even the manager came down but they wouldn't open the gate for us! Payed £200 extra to fly so in with them the next hour, the conditions in the plane are ridiculous as well! You don't get any seats booked, it's first come first serve and the seats are cramped and uncomfortable!! Would not reccomend!
Reply 63
Original post by alaska.
Yeah :biggrin: I was a bit annoyed one time though when our flight was 3 hours delayed and they still played the song!

haha thats hilarious! :biggrin:
Bad!

Easy jet is good though.
My review of Ryan Air:

The plane took off and landed ok. My baggage was still there. 10/10.

Stop being a fussy snob.
My experience was terrible, we had to wait outside to get on the plane for 30mins in the boiling heat (I remember it was one of the hottest days of the year) we were also directly in-front of the hot engines on the wings.

When we finally got on the plane, the air-conditioning didn't work and we sat there for literally 95mins (timed) till the plane finally departed - with no air-conditioning may I remind you we endured the wait, I felt suffocated, the seats were so packed together, the corridors were tiny too; you got elbowed in the face when someone walked past. Those overhead luggage holders were a nightmare, I repeatedly bashed it hundreds of times. The 45th go it finally shut, a second later it was open again! :angry::angry::angry: then I gave the bitch one last slam, it finally shut. While I was fiddling with the overhead compartment, I experienced repeated bum strokes, this was an unpleasant experience.

Nevertheless, British Airways was a very nice experience, and I will never fly with Ryan Air again :smile:
Reply 67
No worse than any other budget airline, just don't expect any service or to be there on time...
Reply 68
Original post by sexbo
[video="youtube;Z0rxASx1SxY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rxASx1SxY[/video]

Says it all really.

this video is hilarious, i love it!

'i could have flown with the luftwaffe is that fat **** goering hadnt left most of it in the English chanel' :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Seats at a 90-degree angle, close together (beijing-close) and screaming children. Can't complain when it's so cheap.
Reply 71
The Ryanair plane I flew on had no left phalange. DAMN BUDGET AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrwVB4vMx-Q
Wouldn't be seen dead flying Ryanair. Their CEO Michael O'Leary is a tool and I would never give him my money.
Original post by aneemilie
Seats at a 90-degree angle, close together (beijing-close) and screaming children. Can't complain when it's so cheap.

Ryanair don't cram in any more seats than other airlines do. Although it's hard to compare like for like as the other low cost airlines in Europe mainly use the A320/A321 - 180/220 seats.

The seating is nothing to do with Ryanair and everything to do with CAA/FAA/JAR-Ops certification which limits the Boeing 737-800 to a maximum of 189 seats, and every airline flying the 737-800 in single class configuration will have 189 seats.
(edited 12 years ago)
It's pretty awful and in my most recent flight the landing was quite rough but you should live. No point wasting your money on expensive flights. As long as it gets there...
Reply 75
Don't go at the back of the plane, hot and crammed. The air conditioning did not work either.

A very uncomfortable 3 hours. :/
I'm just gonna say that last week for the first time I flew with aerlingus instead of ryanair and I really regreted it and missed ryanair like hell.
I've flown with them once and I didn't like it, although I must add my stress threshold is relatively low.. Most people are used to ridiculously cheap and low quality plane rides and considers it worth it to get where they want to go, and that's fine. But for me, the way of traveling is part of the trip/holiday and it makes for a miserable start if it's crowded, the guy next to me is obese and the one on the other side is eating vinegar chips and licking his fingers. Also, I'm 5"10 and cannot manage to fit my legs due to the close seat in front of me.

I've flown EasyJet and NEVER again. They completely ripped me off with extra fees and my flight ended up costing 800 pounds. Could have flown another airline first class. Also, the customer service was awful and rude and not helpful whatsoever.
I travel regularly with them, every month or so.
They may not offer luxury, but think of them as a bus. First of all, you will be charged for several other things, like baggage if you want it, whilst booking your ticket initially. They may keep you waiting longer in a queue, and if there is snow or for some reason you have to land at another airport, they will take much longer sending a bus out to you.

If you want to get somewhere with no frills though, ryanair is cheap and efficient, usually arriving early or on time.
I've never had a problem with them.

The people who complain have (95% of the time) caused their problems themselves. A bag too big or heavy = your fault. The allowances are given when you book tickets. Arriving late to the airport = your fault. You should allow extra time for traffic delays etc. getting seated together is never an issue, just be prompt at the gate or pay abit extra for priority boarding.

As long as you are capable of reading instructions and looking after yourself you won't have a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest