This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Heehee, a thread about funhouse, nightmare and now crystal maze. Brings back good old memories. Who remembers this programme, with it's ever so tough games, wicked crystals and the brill crystal maze? I remember buying the lights out game cos of the show. I used to wish that I could be on the kids version of the show, and the prizes there were really cool, with a slightly greater chance of winning. Brill!
Do you guys remember the computer game of crystal maze? It was either on the net or on a cd, but I can't find it anymore.
riffraff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Heehee, a thread about funhouse, nightmare and now crystal maze. Brings back good old memories. Who remembers this programme, with it's ever so tough games, wicked crystals and the brill crystal maze? I remember buying the lights out game cos of the show. I used to wish that I could be on the kids version of the show, and the prizes there were really cool, with a slightly greater chance of winning. Brill!
Do you guys remember the computer game of crystal maze? It was either on the net or on a cd, but I can't find it anymore.
hmmm, was only small when they showed it on terrestrial but yeah I remember it. liked the bit at the end where they had to catch the gold and silver things.

http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/brainy/cm.htm
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
They still show it on Challenge Tv I think. Question is, who did you prefer, Richard O'Brien or Ed Tudor Pole? Both have their pros and cons.

Part of the attraction was surely that the contestants were usually the most inept, uncoordinated bunch of idiots availabe, hence it was so pleasingly frustrating! It would have been boring if they won all the games.
I reckon that Richard O'Brien was THE original presentor. I was annoyed when they changed. The pole over the water one was pretty funny, as they ofetn went in the water. The sand in the mouths opf those statues was bugging, cos many people found it tough.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
brilliant show.Love to be a contestant on it
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
I didn't like Ed Tudor Pole at first but he grew on me - different to O'Brien but amusing in his own right.

I remember O'Brien making 'the team' run in circles round a camp fire in the Aztec zone like idiots after he'd shouted 'follow me to the next zone!' then proceeded to simply run around in circles. Comedy genius.

His 'mumsie' scenes were good too in the medieval zone.
Ah mumsie-a brill character. I also loved the "mumsie" scenes.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Ah mumsie-a brill character. I also loved the "mumsie" scenes.
she is annoying
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The Crystal Maze was class; Richard O' Brien was class.

I remember when they got rid of the Industrial Zone to make way for the Ocean Zone...

J.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hornblower)
The Crystal Maze was class; Richard O' Brien was class.

I remember when they got rid of the Industrial Zone to make way for the Ocean Zone...

J.
the ocean zone is a lot better i reckon
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I have the board game
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
I have the board game
how does it work?
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by .NK)
I have the board game
The crystal game which I played was so cool. You could play theclassic games featured in crystal maze.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The crystal game which I played was so cool. You could play theclassic games featured in crystal maze.
how though?
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
how though?
Oh whoops, the game which I was playing was on the computer. I dunno how the board game works.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Oh whoops, the game which I was playing was on the computer. I dunno how the board game works.
there is a computer game of it?

time to look on e bay
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by eric bischoff)
there is a computer game of it?

time to look on e bay
It might have been a game on the site though, I can't remember.
innitman_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
It might have been a game on the site though, I can't remember.
there was also a 'real life' crystal maze place based on the show somewhere near London - i went there, but it was awful.

richard was much better than ed, who reminded me of george in blackadder 3 and 4.
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by innitman_uk)
richard was much better than ed, who reminded me of george in blackadder 3 and 4.
I agree with you there. Richard was a much better presenter than Ed, I found Ed rather patronising and arrogant.....And Used love it when Richard went to see Mumsie....

And there is a computer game. I have it but didn't find it that good.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I think I had a demo version of that!! There were only 3 games or something but one of them was where you had to shoot the balls into the statues with opening/closing mouths and it was really difficult. Ah the good old days!

I used to love the crystal maze so much...still do!
shazza
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I remember having the Crystal maze board game, it was soooooo difficult. Always wanted to be on the kids programme. Was never the same though with Edd Tudor Pole.

I used to llooooovvveee the Krypton Factor. How wicked was that!!

Does anyone remember Interceptor (i think) the show where they wore a backpack with targets on, and they had to do a sort of treasure hunt to find the cash, but keeping there bak to the Interceptor so he didn't fire at them????
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh nostalgia trip !

(Original post by Xenon)
I reckon that Richard O'Brien was THE original presentor. I was annoyed when they changed.
Nothing beat Richard O'Brian and his mouth organ ! Hehe.

There was a game in Medieval where the Crystal was there, sat on a shelf, and as soon as you took it, the portcullis would shut and what you needed to do was set the cogs up, and the rope, to wind the door back up enough such that you could get out. The amount of people who fell for O'Brian saying "The Crystal's there, take it!".

I think there was a game in Futuristic, where you went in a house, and you had to disactivate the alarm system. And this was done by finding sets of wires, in 3's, and you had to cut the wire, that is made from the combination of two others, some were red herrings, but the amount of people who mucked up Yellow & Blue = Green, Blue & Red = Purple, was unbelievable !

The memories.

(Original post by shazza)
I used to llooooovvveee the Krypton Factor. How wicked was that!!
Monday nights, quality stuff, when I was little, I always wanted to have a go on the Zip Line .

The closest I got to an assault course at that age was Panda's Palace at Skeggy ! (Someone out in UKL can relate to Skeggy Panda's Palace, please...)

(Original post by shazza)
Does anyone remember Interceptor (i think) the show where they wore a backpack with targets on, and they had to do a sort of treasure hunt to find the cash, but keeping there bak to the Interceptor so he didn't fire at them????
I watched that once on Challenge, thought it was pretty poor television.

Whilest you mention Treasure Hunt (indirectly), used to watch that with Anneka Rice.
X
Back
to top