Free Food at SOAS??

Watch this thread
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i heard tell that a group called the 'Hare Krishna's' give out free food to students every day, is this true?!
joeade94
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
I heard this as well, apparently Hare Krishna comes every Wednessdays
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
They give out free vegetarian food to anyone, in several locations throughout the West End. However, on Thursdays, you will be subjected to the farmer's market in the University of London, and with the smell of the farm burger tent, I doubt you will want to eat the Hare Krishna slop.
sundogs
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cl_steele)
i heard tell that a group called the 'Hare Krishna's' give out free food to students every day, is this true?!
They do but it's horrible.
gingerbread-lady
Rep:
Report 9 years ago
It's lovely!

I used to go there loads when I was a student...I'd donate a pound most times and fill a huge tupperware which I brought along. Mostly it was gooey mush...mashed potatoes and a veg slop of some kind. A couple of times it was a bit :K: but mostly pretty tasty (for the fact it's free!).
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I think it's really poor form that hardly anyone gives them any donations. Almost everyone in the queue can blatantly afford something.
butslapper
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you ****ing dumb its better what you get at home mate....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads