The Student Room Group

Who's really excited about Uni!?

Was seriously annoyed with A levels and coursework and then I came across something about Archaeology (which I'm studying next year) and now it all seems worth it! So excited about going to study my course, not just the student life. Anyone else really really excited about studying their subject or am I just sad? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by YogaintheWoods
Was seriously annoyed with A levels and coursework and then I came across something about Archaeology (which I'm studying next year) and now it all seems worth it! So excited about going to study my course, not just the student life. Anyone else really really excited about studying their subject or am I just sad? :biggrin:

You're not alone, a lot of people are excited to study their subject, including me :} Just gotta get A levels over with first! ;D
Reply 2
Including me, too! :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I'd be worried about someone paying thousands of pounds to go into higher education if they weren't enthusiastic about their subject! :smile:
Reply 4
25 hours a week from day one in Engineering. :frown:

But im still dam excited! :biggrin:
Reply 5
I can't wait, I take the IB and we have to do so much extra pointless garbage and six different subjects that I can't wait to focus on the things I ACTUALLY enjoy.
Reply 6
Really excited to sitting in lectures.:biggrin:

Although the second and third year modules seem more interesting.
Prepare for a nasty case of fresher's flu and an overwhelming sense of "I MISS MY DOG SO MUCH I WANT HER FLUFFYNESS".

... although that last one might have just been me :P
Original post by Beebumble

That won't last :colone:
Reply 9
Original post by karateworm
That won't last :colone:

:frown: It's got to be better than sitting in a classroom where you try to fill the awkward silence with gobbledygook.
Lol. Wait until you've been there a semester or two... The excitement fades fairly expeditiously.
:frown: It's got to be better than sitting in a classroom where you try to fill the awkward silence with gobbledygook.

What subject are you doing?

My seminars are the most awkward things in the world because my fellow Sociology students are on the whole pretty brain dead. Silences... so many silences...
Prepare for a nasty case of fresher's flu and an overwhelming sense of "I MISS MY DOG SO MUCH I WANT HER FLUFFYNESS".

haha oh man, the only thing i'm not looking forward to when i go to uni is not having my cats there! glad i'm not the only one. :tongue:
Original post by beccafairy
haha oh man, the only thing i'm not looking forward to when i go to uni is not having my cats there! glad i'm not the only one. :tongue:

I'm going home from Uni tomorrow, I hope she remembers me!

... when I went back at Christmas she looked at me like "Wait... are you... are you that guy? :confused:"

Then after 5 minutes she twigged who I was and got excited :rolleyes:
I'm going home from Uni tomorrow, I hope she remembers me!

... when I went back at Christmas she looked at me like "Wait... are you... are you that guy? :confused:"

Then after 5 minutes she twigged who I was and got excited :rolleyes:

bless her! my kitties are always with me when i'm home and apparently go into my room and wail for me when i'm not, but i've never been apart from them for more than two weeks. hopefully they'll be the same!

Haha you'll be saying the opposite by christmas.

I enjoy my lectures, but they're so much hassle to go to. Don't know how i ever managed 6 hour days at college :P
Reply 16
Yep! I'll be 24 when I start History, so a bit older than everyone else but I have just finished my History module on my access course; loved it and got distinction in all of it.

Just about to start writing up my access project which I have based around the Cold War and, as nerdy as it sounds, I really can't wait to spend the next 2 weeks off doing absolutely nothing but reading around the subject and writing up the essay.

This. You're not alone with that.

I spent an hour cuddling my pooch when I got back.
If I get my way and do my PhD this year, I'd be frigging over the moon, seriously!

I think I'm addicted to university sometimes... after my BA I worked for a year and longed to go back, so as soon as my contract finished, I was back for an MA. I worked again whilst studying my MA part time and that wasn't enough to put me off. Another ended contract and the chance to pursue a topic that I'm really passionate about - plus the chance to lecture my favourite subject - I'm drooling! :biggrin:
Original post by YogaintheWoods

I am looking forward to Uni, but very excited about studying the subject, it is the studying I am going for. My subject is the same as yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending