Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LOL, wtf is it with this emo thingy! There must be a hell of a lot of emos about if having a side fringe transforms you into one!:p: I have a side fringe!

Can somebody define what exactly an emo is though? I have a rough idea....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Excuse me? Don't you think that's a bit harsh? You don't even know me, how dare you call me a loser?

Or are you joking/being sarcastic?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Excuse me? Don't you think that's a bit harsh? You don't even know me, how dare you call me a loser?

Or are you joking/being sarcastic?
    I thought it was harsh! And a total generalisation!!! I'll be surprised if there is one thing about girl_afraid that is totally unique from anyone else!!

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh. Eye roll of DOOM.
    Maybe she's goffik.

I swear some people just read "emo" in the title of a thread and go on autopilot. Very seldom actually answer the question being asked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl afraid)
    What's that supposed to mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konstantine)
    Uh oh. Eye roll of DOOM.
    Maybe she's goffik.

I swear some people just read "emo" in the title of a thread and go on autopilot. Very seldom actually answer the question being asked.
    :rofl:

(Original post by +~*Gemmagical*~+)
    LOL, wtf is it with this emo thingy! There must be a hell of a lot of emos about if having a side fringe transforms you into one!:p: I have a side fringe!

Can somebody define what exactly an emo is though? I have a rough idea....:rolleyes:
    To be honest, I don't really know either. :p: I think it's someone fashionable who listens to pop-punk type music and wears a kind of uniform with... skinny jeans and Vans Off The Walls and stuff. But then loads of people wear both of those things so how you tell the difference, I'm not sure. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    What's that supposed to mean?
    Sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    Sarcasm.

Right! It doesn't come across on the internet, there's no intonation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Right! It doesn't come across on the internet, there's no intonation.
    That's what the bloody 'smiley' is for!

ReputationRep:
    That's what the bloody 'smiley' is for!
    There wasn't one in your original post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    There wasn't one in your original post.
    No, because I would have expected you to guess that I wasn't being serious. In fact, this is my main problem on this forum - everybody thinks I'm an ******** because they don't pick up on my jesting.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I would have expected you to guess that I wasn't being serious. In fact, this is my main problem on this forum - everybody thinks I'm an ******** because they don't pick up on my jesting.
    But as I said, there's no intonation. Its ambiguous as to whether you're being serious or not! You may expect people to guess, but clearly they don't.

Maybe you should use more smileys? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Maybe you should use more smileys? :p:
    Perhaps I'm more of a **** than I realised...

ReputationRep:
    It could also be to do with your overwhelmingly aggressive attitudes towards anything with a remote "emo" connotation.
    I have visions of you seeing pink converse and black nail polish 50ft ahead of you and turning quite Hulk-like.
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konstantine)
    It could also be to do with your overwhelmingly aggressive attitudes towards anything with a remote "emo" connotation.
    I have visions of you seeing pink converse and black nail polish 50ft ahead of you and turning quite Hulk-like.
    :P
    I wouldn't say aggressive, I just think they should be mocked as part of their learning process between childhood and becoming an adult. Sadly, many of them are already adults - and this is where aggression is merited.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say aggressive, I just think they should be mocked as part of their learning process between childhood and becoming an adult. Sadly, many of them are already adults - and this is where aggression is merited.
    But you're just like them. :confused: You're far from being an adult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugatree)
    But you're just like them. :confused: You're far from being an adult.
    Congratulations!! You've noticed. :yy:

Actually, I'd say I'm ever so slightly more mature, since I look nothing like a clown.

Anyway, it's not like I stop in my tracks in the street to shout abuse at them.

Congratulations!! You've noticed. :yy:

Actually, I'd say I'm ever so slightly more mature, since I look nothing like a clown.

Anyway, it's not like I stop in my tracks in the street to shout abuse at them.
    ...But weren't you the one who wanted to try out so-called 'alternative' make up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuclearbuddha)
    ...But weren't you the one who wanted to try out so-called 'alternative' make up?
    Yes. Your point?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.