This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
elfish and arabic - original :rolleyes: ....next you'll be telling us you want a "unique" celtic band
*cough*
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry that was a bit harsh but a tattoo should be personal to you - something you choose - not something suggested on a website that looks cool

The elvish/arabic/celtic and the dolphins/butterflies etc of today will be the hearts with arrows through/roses/anchors and "Mum" tattoos of tomorrow.

ie they're going to date very quickly.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry that was a bit harsh but a tattoo should be personal to you - something you choose - not something suggested on a website that looks cool

The elvish/arabic/celtic and the dolphins/butterflies etc of today will be the hearts with arrows through/roses/anchors and "Mum" tattoos of tomorrow.

thing is u can use piks on websites as inspiration etc
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Brian)
You're all individuals
(Original post by Crowd en masse)
Yes! We are all individuals
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i agree, how is any1 individual, weather u like it or not u will always be influenced by society and ur environment
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
they might be to u but not every1 else, what u say doesnt go
...right...
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
right what?
*smile*
Report 16 years ago
Think really carefully before you get a tattoo -ie it will still be there when you are old and wrinkly which would not be looked on particularly favourably with the WI perhaps!!! Also, when a friend considered having one of a dolphin near her hip another friend said it could be a beached whale by the time shes 40....kinda gross.
Nadine86
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
design your own, get some ideas and get a good designer to do it for you, sure more expensive but do you really want one off the parlour wall which others have?

thats what i would do if i got one anyway

thats a really cool idea, thanx!!! its just that i suck at drawing so.... i can get a friend to draw it for me.. awesome, thanx!!!
and whoever says that tattoos are rank, im sorry, i disagree... i have mine since i was 13, and im gonna turn 18 in april and still love it!! i dnt think i could ever get bored of it!!!
Of course if they are big and vulgar, they wont be nice anymore, but some smaller ones on different areas of the body are rather cool and cute in my opinion...
Nadine86
(Original post by *smile*)
Think really carefully before you get a tattoo -ie it will still be there when you are old and wrinkly which would not be looked on particularly favourably with the WI perhaps!!! Also, when a friend considered having one of a dolphin near her hip another friend said it could be a beached whale by the time shes 40....kinda gross.
i know what u mean, but if i get it, then on areas i wont expose as much when im older... and plus, it would only "smudge" if there are considerable weight gains or losses, and if your skin is not elastic enough to follow your physical appearance... another thing is that i dnt think i would get an animal or something, bcuz i could get bored of seeing everyday the same animal on myself, while with a tribal or a form of scripture, its different...
r316
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nadine86)
thats a really cool idea, thanx!!! its just that i suck at drawing so.... i can get a friend to draw it for me.. awesome, thanx!!!
and whoever says that tattoos are rank, im sorry, i disagree... i have mine since i was 13, and im gonna turn 18 in april and still love it!! i dnt think i could ever get bored of it!!!
Of course if they are big and vulgar, they wont be nice anymore, but some smaller ones on different areas of the body are rather cool and cute in my opinion...
If this helps, I've translated your name into Sindarin text and attatched it; maybe you could consider it as an elvish tattoo.
Attached files
Nadine86

i know what u wanna say.. ur right, but have u ever seen an arabic cursive word?? or an elfish word?? dont u think its amazingly pretty?? and im sure i would not get bored of it, bcuz the word i'd choose, will probably be meaningful to me.
Nadine86
(Original post by r316)
If this helps, I've translated your name into Sindarin text and attatched it; maybe you could consider it as an elvish tattoo.

its amazing!!! i loved it, thanx!!!! where do u get the "tanslator"???
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads