The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel scared if they see a chav?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MASeeker
I wouldn't worry about "chavs" Iron Lady it is scottish neds you need to be concerned about.

What is that old joke?

Mrs Thatcher was found murdered, police are interviewing 5 million suspects!

Pipped to the post my good sir. I was about to post something very similar.

In all honesty I live near Glasgow so I naturally see chavs as inferior neds, but I tend to empathise with both rather than fear them.
Original post by resentment.
with a username like mr. tizzy id expect you to do that, anyone else should know how to handle themselves in a fight.

They're not dogs you muppet. Or wait, do they sense your fear and go straight for your throat when you look away?

But with an intellect like yours I wouldn't expect you to detect the underlying sarcasm of my original post.

And of course username = fighting ability. :2euk48l:
Reply 42
Original post by ROYP
Does anyone know the collective noun for a large group of chavs? I feel like there should be one.

Bonus points for imagination.

An innit of chavs?
Reply 43
What's ridiculous is that if you were suggesting that you were scared by black people or Muslims there would be outcry. But because it's a reference to social class it's somehow deemed acceptable.
Reply 44
Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII
They're not dogs you muppet. Or wait, do they sense your fear and go straight for your throat when you look away?

But with an intellect like yours I wouldn't expect you to detect the underlying sarcasm of my original post.

And of course username = fighting ability. :2euk48l:

have you ever even been in a fight?

you're speaking out ya arse, don't sound like you've had any grounding in combat at all. preparation and psyche are what win fights.

ignorance is bliss.
most people these days will call anyone a chav who wears a tracksuit.... Can't people see proper chavs are almost always violent and above all....just stupid...
I think you'll find some chavs can be well educated.
Original post by resentment.
have you ever even been in a fight?

you're speaking out ya arse, don't sound like you've had any grounding in combat at all. preparation and psyche are what win fights.

ignorance is bliss.

Fight, what fight? You're the only one talking about fights - and doing so in a manner quite offensive to the intellectual representation of the human race.

But of course, apparently my ability to use capital letters and polysyllable words renders me incapable of practicing martial arts.

Get bent, idiot. :troll:
Reply 48
Pussy'ole
Reply 49
Original post by Brutal Chav
I think you'll find some chavs can be well educated.

Nahh that's not right I think you're confusing Chavs with poor people lol.
Original post by Tommyjw
Thats a chav that would 'scare someone' in your mind?

Jesus, some people really dont have a clue on this site. I mean, surely the term 'violent' comes into your vocabulary at some point when thinking about a chav once you have specified being scared by them? not just people who dress a certain way...

The only thing questionable about that woman are her blonde extensions. Otherwise, the only thing violent about her is probably her ability to tear up the dance floor.
Reply 51
Original post by lauren_a
You're talking about people as if they're an entirely different species...simply because they're a different social class to you and might dress or act slightly differently. People like you are what is wrong with society, not so called 'chavs'.

What's ridiculous is that if you were suggesting that you were scared by black people or Muslims there would be outcry. But because it's a reference to social class it's somehow deemed acceptable.

Woahhh...when did I state I was judging them on socioeconomics?

The reason as to why racism is unacceptable is because people do not choose their race, but being a chav is a lifestyle choice. They should know that "twkin lyk dey never been in e-du-caation" will be unpleasant on the ear, they know that swearing or lifting their arms up screeching "WHAT!" makes them aggressive. Other things that make up the chav lifestyle are: regular truanting, fights, drunken behaviour, etc.

Oh and guess what? Those traits are demonstrated by people who would be classed as having mid to high incomes; likewise there are poor people who can act normally.

Is there a reason why you're being so defensive?
Reply 52
Original post by Iron Lady
Woahhh...when did I state I was judging them on socioeconomics?

The reason as to why racism is unacceptable is because people do not choose their race, but being a chav is a lifestyle choice. They should know that "twkin lyk dey never been in e-du-caation" will be unpleasant on the ear, they know that swearing or lifting their arms up screeching "WHAT!" makes them aggressive. Other things that make up the chav lifestyle are: regular truanting, fights, drunken behaviour, etc.

Oh and guess what? Those traits are demonstrated by people who would be classed as having mid to high incomes; likewise there are poor people who can act normally.

Is there a reason why you're being so defensive?

You said you felt scared if you 'saw' a chav. That immediately rules out behavioural traits and focuses solely on physical. Face it, 99.9% of the people you define as 'chavs' are working class people.

Yes, there is a reason I'm being defensive. Simply put, I have morals. And, evidently, a clearer understanding of your prejudices than you yourself.
Reply 53
You guys are a load of gimps? I don't even use the word chav neither have I heard it for quite a while. The real trouble is gypsies lol we're scared of them but in reality they aren't that threatening -_-
Reply 54
No I think to myself "remember, it is more afraid of you than you're of it".
Reply 55
Original post by Mr. Tizzy XII
Fight, what fight? You're the only one talking about fights - and doing so in a manner quite offensive to the intellectual representation of the human race.

But of course, apparently my ability to use capital letters and polysyllable words renders me incapable of practicing martial arts.

Get bent, idiot. :troll:

"polysyllable" wow you're so damn smart tell me more.

[ DID U SEE THOSE MONOSYLLABLES THERE?]

People like you are really annoying.
Reply 56
Original post by lauren_a
You said you felt scared if you 'saw' a chav. That immediately rules out behavioural traits and focuses solely on physical. Face it, 99.9% of the people you define as 'chavs' are working class people.

Yes, there is a reason I'm being defensive. Simply put, I have morals. And, evidently, a clearer understanding of your prejudices than you yourself.

I have morals too, that's why I raise such an objection to them. I'm just trying to make society better.
Reply 57
Original post by iSoftie
"polysyllable" wow you're so damn smart tell me more.

[ DID U SEE THOSE MONOSYLLABLES THERE?]

People like you are really annoying.

I think it's actually *polysyllabic* words rather than "polysyllable words".
Reply 58
Original post by iSoftie
The real trouble is gypsies lol we're scared of them but in reality they aren't that threatening -_-

Some are. Have you ever been to Ireland?
They're the same as another other crowd of people, most alternative people I know are actually more violent than your stereotypical chav. But in my town, it's generally the younger generation of the chavs that are more frightening, you see them terrorising middle aged men, pretty ruthless :P

Quick Reply

Latest