The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do Bangladeshis hate Pakistanis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deep456
All I am saying is when you say Bengali, it isn't just Bangladeshi people. So you shouldn't refer to us all with the same wand.

Obv i know, i think u havent read my post properly. I think me being an Indian can make the distinction quite well. I am talking about what other people say.
Reply 81
Original post by Brutal Honesty
Do Sikhs hang around with Hindus or do Sikhs hang around with other Sikhs?

From my experience i would say Sikh mainly hang around with Muslims. Thats what I've seen.
Reply 82
Original post by Love4All
From my experience i would say Sikh mainly hang around with Muslims. Thats what I've seen.

Eh what?

Well maybe in an area where there are no hindus. Im the only one in my college presently and been in the only one since many years. There have been lots of Sikhs and Muslims only because there are most of them. Doesnt stop them hanging around with other people. My best mate is a Sikh. :rolleyes:
Reply 84
Original post by sachinisgod
Well maybe in an area where there are no hindus. Im the only one in my college presently and been in the only one since many years. There have been lots of Sikhs and Muslims only because there are most of them. Doesnt stop them hanging around with other people. My best mate is a Sikh. :rolleyes:

Hold on a minutes, i was not trying to imply that Sikh likes to hang around with muslims and not Hindus. :rolleyes:
Hold on a minutes, i was not trying to imply that Sikh likes to hang around with muslims and not Hindus. :rolleyes:

I didnt say that u were, im just pointing out the reason behind your statement.:biggrin:
Reply 86
You do realise the history is much more complicated then the initial post made it out to be.
Original post by RadiantA
You do realise the history is much more complicated then the initial post made it out to be.

How?
Reply 88
And either way asians stick together. It's not surprising as we only have to look at our parents generation to see how we were treated in Britain. How the people of the country would fire bomb our houses and attack us on the streets. All this after being ruled by them for 200 years. The British and their divide and conquer.

Bangolis, Pakistanis and other asians had to stick together out of necessity. Do you really think we had a choice with NF walking around attacking us.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
How?

How much do you know about the Bangladesh and Pakistan war?
Reply 90
How?

To be fair, how much do you know about the division of India? Isn't a more fundamental question whether or not we forgive the British for their colonial rule over our countries? After such a partition conflict is to be expected. Millions of people were displaced and millions died due to the confusion.
(edited 12 years ago)
To be fair, how much do you know about the division of India? Isn't a more fundamental question whether or not we forgive the British for their colonial rule over our countries?

I'm aware of the problems relating to decolonisation but wasn't the justification that the Bengali Muslims would not get their views represented in the Hindu-dominated government? If you look at the borders they were drawn along religious lines. I personally think a devolved government/Bengali Assembly (like we have with London/Scotland/Wales in the UK) would have been good enough. Clearly the partition plan was a disaster in many respects and 1971 highlighted this. The reason it was a disaster though was because clearly the Pakistanis did not care at all about the Bengalis.
Reply 92
I'm aware of the problems relating to decolonisation but wasn't the justification that the Bengali Muslims would not get their views represented in the Hindu-dominated government? If you look at the borders they were drawn along religious lines. I personally think a devolved government/Bengali Assembly (like we have with London/Scotland/Wales in the UK) would have been good enough. Clearly the partition plan was a disaster in many respects and 1971 highlighted this. The reason it was a disaster though was because clearly the Pakistanis did not care at all about the Bengalis.

Really... I don't think you understand what happened at all then. I mean the partition of Punjab was a horrific and honestly why do you think that?

I mean seriously. You really think West Pakistan thought nothing of East Pakistan. You seem to underestimate how difficult the situation is.

Also I don't think you answered my question whether or not any of us have forgiven the British for the atrocities they committed. The lines were drawn by the British. It's disgusting how you can have the audacity to say we did not care for the Bengalis at all.
(edited 12 years ago)
Really... I don't think you understand what happened at all then. I mean the partition of Punjab was a horrific and honestly why do you think that?

I mean seriously. You really think West Pakistan thought nothing of East Pakistan. You seem to underestimate how difficult the situation is.

Also I don't think you answered my question whether or not any of us have forgiven the British for the atrocities they committed. The lines were drawn by the British. It's disgusting how you can have the audacity to say we did not care for the Bengalis at all.

Im glad somebody brought this up. :smile:
im pakistani and we love bengalis

Latest

Trending

Trending