Turn on thread page Beta

Now hate pure vodka! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same - can't stand vodka with coke or orange. It's far too sweet and sickly for my taste, and I skip the drunk stage to go straight to hangover. Try malibu with coke for a similar drunken state, or mix vodka with something stronger and less sweet - vodka and cranberry is really good.

ReputationRep:
    If its just getting drunk quickly you're after.... Ray & Nephew shots will do that for you :puke: they don't sell it in very many places though

ReputationRep:
    Mix your vodka with marmalade and spread it on toast, or drink it neat with porridge. believe it or not this is an effective hangover cure and will allow you to consume vodka whilst actually tasting it - you coke-loving wannabe alcoholic you!

ReputationRep:
    If its just getting drunk quickly you're after.... Ray & Nephew shots will do that for you they don't sell it in very many places though
    hahaha I'm sure they sell that in the local weatherspoons, we paid my friend £10 to snort some :rolleyes: what clever people we are lol

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting. Made the ridiculous mistake of doing four one night.... so so so sorry I did that, I literally cannot remember anything of the rest of the night

ReputationRep:
    My body has never been able to take vodka, as long as i can remember it has made me feel sick. I just stick to what i like cider and larger now (although even larger isnt that nice really) cider wins everytime!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne)
    Try malibu with coke for a similar drunken state
    I find it extremely hard to get drunk on malibu and coke. If I'm drinking it on a night out and I wanna get a bit tipsy I have to have vodka shots inbetween doubles. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    I can't deal with tequila at all now after a particularly bad experience.
    Like Starburst make me feel really ill after eating them in the car once and getting carsick.

Go for JD and coke or something, and for God's sake stop drinking so much.

ReputationRep:
    I bought a bottle of rum when i thought it was vodka, i was surprised of how different this particular vodka tasted, until i realised it wasnt vodka. Then i had a bottle of vodka, and made me gag beyond belief.

(Original post by TrentEnd)
    Why drink just to get drunk? Drink a drink you actually like so you enjoy/remember the evening and don't spend half the fooker down the toilet
    I think you will find a lot of people don't actually like the taste of alcohol and only drink it to get drunk. I mean the only alcoholic drink i like is lager/beer. I can drink that because it tastes nice (and i'm not including alchopops because they just taste like lemonade so don't count), but stuff like spirits are rank and only drink them when i'm getting savagely. And cider is banned too- what a nasty drink that is.

ReputationRep:
    Well I love straight vodka dunno why but the taste and the burn just as it hits your throat it's sooo nice especially when its at least 60%. I've never really liked alcopops they just taste too altered although I am partial to an occasional schnapps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Okay so I've been drinking vodka and coke for a couple years now, and it really is the only drink I focus on since it gets me drunk quick and is a cheaper way then buying lots of alcopops or beer. The problem is I feel like I'm gonna throw it back up now, even when it's mixed with coke or orange juice (things like that). Yet I can drink alcopops, which have vodka in them, no problem. I just can't stomach the vodka.

Is anyone else like this? Maybe my body has accustomed and grown tired to the vodka and wants me to switch from the vodka coke/orange scenario?
    try it with lemonade (with lime maybe). i had the same problem in that i could taste it with coke/orange but i don't find i can withn lemonade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Emmz-)
    I find it extremely hard to get drunk on malibu and coke. If I'm drinking it on a night out and I wanna get a bit tipsy I have to have vodka shots inbetween doubles. Strange.
    Really? It knocks me flat - two glasses and you have to prise me off the ceiling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    I think vodka lemonade and lime is a good combination. However vodka and coke is no where near as bad as vodka and red bull, that just takes the piss.
    I think Vodka and Red Bull tastes pretty good. I'm totally against mixing coke with alcohol. It makes terrible mixtures.

I do remember ordering vodka lemonade and lime for a girl I was trying to chat up in Soho. She was pretty good looking so it can't be that bad.

...and no she wasn't a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne)
    Really? It knocks me flat - two glasses and you have to prise me off the ceiling.
    Malibu and coke? Sounds like the kind of mixture you'd do when your parents are out and you raid their collection of alcohol and you have nothing to mix.

Malibu with orange juice or pineapple juice :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Absinthe is now legal in the UK!? How long has this been the case?

I remember many times in my youth going across to France with school and smuggling back Absinthe, awesome stuff! My mate brought it to my 18th, has 5 shots of that i think, can't remember much else, just that i had a pretty major hangover next day and the whole bottle of Absinthe had been drunk...(by my mates and me, not just me alone, me thinks i'd be dead if i had done that! lol!). Was an awesome 18th, i think!
    errrmmm

Absinthe is illegal for sale and consumption in France; that's why they drink pastis instead. Absinth was never illegal in the UK was very much at the forefront of the Absinth revival in the early 1990s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firebird)
    Hold your nose while drinking it?

Vodka is like nail varnish remover. I don't know anyone who drinks it because they like the taste.

Pure orange juice seems to hide the taste though, but you can still smell a double.
    Good vodka shouldn't taste of anything. Try Zubrowka, which is like drinking water.

ReputationRep:
    JD and Lemonade. End of.

ReputationRep:
    Beer makes me feel sick alot of the time, but i'm okay with spirits it seems, as long as they are mixed with something... i think its about the body detecting something in the taste that isn't good for it, i don't know

ReputationRep:
    Eru beer is lovely

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.