Manchester Uni Accomodation

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    Hoping to come to Manchester Uni in September to study pharmacy. Just wondering how many first years get uni accomodation and how many get private halls and which are better ?? Kinda dont like people touching my food so leaning more towards getting private halls (probably Victoria Point). Anyone going there ?

    Everyone is guaranteed a place in halls via the university's accommodation office. There won't be any difference in terms of people touching your food (although I haven't found it to be a significant problem anyway) in private halls - you'll be sharing a kitchen, fridge and freezer in just the same way as you would be in university owned halls.

    Plus, I I had a (brief) look at privately owned halls for second year accommodation. Frankly, they're extortionate compared to university owned halls - often £20-30pw more for the exact same thing :eek:

    Private halls just means not owned by the university so is the exact same set up but costs more as the previous poster put.

    If you're really bothered by it then may want to look at private 1 bedroom accommodation.

    However in halls everyone has their own cupboard and there's usually enough fridge and freezer space for one each.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 1, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.