The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Bubble Fairy
women are pushing for equal rights, so it should be equal on every occasion, just not when equal rights are beneficial.

There is still a predisposition with many females that blokes "should pay for everything". As you say, women pushing for equal rights can't use the equality argument selectively.

This all sounds horribly bitter for my first ever post, so I shall equal the score.

Invariably, an awful lot of blokes who do pay for everything feel that they are "owed" something more. Those who make that assumption can't expect to be treated nicely, given that they are effectively calling their date a whore.
Reply 41
Teenie
I agree, It should be half and half only later on should the guy pay although my last boyfriend did pay for me on our first date which was nice.

Why should the guy only pay later on??? why cant it remain down the middle unless one has insisted on payin
Reply 42
munchkin18
with some guys i think it's true though, when they pay they're expecting something in return. it's never said but there's always an underlying implication. maybe it's the guys i've had the misfortune of meeting, but for me 50/50 is now the way to go because then i don't feel obliged to owe anything. xx

I guess ur right bt don't totally give up bcos of the few u hav had the misfortune of meetin!xx
Anonymous
should a guy pay for things on the first date ?

when on the first date it should be halfed but if the guy taking you out then yes he should pay :smile:
Sir Joe
i think at "student age" when we're all relatively skint it should generally be halves. Of course, if the girl is like part time jobless, but wants to come out, i may offer to pay for us both, but on the whole i'd feel abit put off paying for a girl that isn't even my girlfriend yet. If she feels paying her halve isn't worth it for my company, then i dont really want to see her!

Sure you can argue its oldskool traditional for the gentleman to pay, but then i could argue in the same way stating its tradition for woman to stay home and do the cleaning cooking! But of course i don't, because i'm with the times!

I agree with that, but when older, say mid twenties and with a salary and solvent I think the man should pay on the first date.
Reply 45
Half and half sounds fair.

Latest

Trending

Trending