The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My Tory MP has could an equal marriage policy "self-indulgent" and only important for some people so shouldn't be a priority right now, he had said he would vote for it before but the Tories are backtracking and he never votes against the Government. :mad:

I don't know what the Lib Dem MP for my university constituency thinks.

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I just did the stupidest thing I've ever done in university yet - sober too - I locked myself out of my flat and block, by leaving my keys in my bedroom door. I am officially a GENIUS! (sarcasm)

When I was in halls last year I left my key in the library when it closed so I couldn't get it, I always locked my door so even if I got my flatmates to let me in I would of been confined to the kitchen.

Being the idiot I am I just stayed up all night in a computer room until I could get my key from where I left it and didn't even think of contacting porters. :rolleyes: :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CraigKirk
I never thought searching for holidays would be too difficult. Anyone got any useful comparison sites? Preferably unbiased ones... :biggrin:

I've already used Travel Supermarket, Teletext and Thomas Cook.

I've always used Expedia and LastMinute to book flights/rooms. Never booked a package holiday though, sorry.
Original post by Terpsikhore
I've always used Expedia and LastMinute to book flights/rooms. Never booked a package holiday though, sorry.

Thank youuu! I'm looking into doing it outside of package deals to save money. I have to admit that it's daunting though, considering that I've not been abroad in four years and I've never taken myself on holiday!

Nonetheless, the help you offer is gratefully received! :yes:
Reply 2443
I aways do packages. I'd rather not faff around, I'd rather let someone else do the faffing for me (at a cost). Just pay one price and that's it, bang. Booked it packed it.... (you know the drill)
Original post by Crisps
I aways do packages. I'd rather not faff around, I'd rather let someone else do the faffing for me (at a cost). Just pay one price and that's it, bang. Booked it packed it.... (you know the drill)

You miss the fun bit though, looking at all the hotels via TripAdvisor (some really bad ones just for fun - and others worth considering) , finding out about local attractions, flexibility on dates, choice of travel times with no additional fee. It DOES take time, you're right, but you want your holiday to be perfect, don't you? Perfect for me includes getting it as cheap as possible
Original post by Revd. Mike
Back from Glasgow this evening

where do you go out in glasgow? I'm never sure where to go
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2446
Eeek. First exam in a few hours!
Original post by mmmpie

Good luck! :biggrin:

I've got a daaaaate. Thought I'd share. :smile:
Reply 2448
Original post by twinlensreflex
Good luck! :biggrin:

Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 2449
One class down, two tutorials to go. Woke up at 7am. Yesterday. :colonhash:

Original post by mmmpie

Good luck to you both, have fun. :h:
Original post by seanfromtheblock
where do you go out in glasgow? I'm never sure where to go

Only been 'out out' in Glasgow the once really. Went to the Solid Rock which is awesome, but may not be your thing. I'm told Underground and Revolver are good, but I think they're bear pubs, so again, possibly not your thing.
Original post by dbmag9
One class down, two tutorials to go. Woke up at 7am. Yesterday. :colonhash:

Good luck to you both, have fun. :h:

I hope you can sleep soon, how are you not dead yet?!

Ta, isn't for a week or so. But she said yes to meeting up :smile: and now I'm in charge of what we do :frown:

How is everyone? :smile:
I think i was panicked for my GCSE's and A levels than I am for my 3rd year of university.... can't decide whether this is a good or bad sign :P
Original post by lcsurfer
I think i was panicked for my GCSE's and A levels than I am for my 3rd year of university.... can't decide whether this is a good or bad sign :P

I was definitely more worried for my school exams than my uni ones. Before my A-levels I was up studying till 3 or 4 am because I was panicking that somehow, I'd manage to forget things I knew standing on my head if I stopped looking at them. The night before one of my finals, I was in the pub. :tongue:

And I did just fine. :thumbsup: (Disclaimer: Past performance is no guarantee of future success. The value of your degree may go down as well as up.)

One of the smilies in the panel to the right of the reply box has vanished. I don't know what used to be there, but the empty gap is making me feel sort of sad.
No matter how much I get stressed about the fact I know nothing about biochemistry, I can live safe in the knowledge that this exists

Reply 2455

The wonderous thing that is Red Bull. Also chocolate and a shower. One of the tutes ended up not happening since he forgot he had a meeting, and the other just finished, so now I just have two or three problem sheets to do and I might be able to sleep before doing three problem sheets tomorrow. :awesome:

Also, I've realised the downside of having an awesome library is that the books distract me from working. On the positive side, the computer room in the basement is open 24 hours and no-one's around in the middle of the night (may have had a meal at 4am last night here). :biggrin:

Ta, isn't for a week or so. But she said yes to meeting up :smile: and now I'm in charge of what we do :frown:

How is everyone? :smile:

I am on a first date with someone soon and am in the same predicament hmm.... Ideas people? :tongue:
Original post by dbmag9
Also, I've realised the downside of having an awesome library is that the books distract me from working. On the positive side, the computer room in the basement is open 24 hours and no-one's around in the middle of the night (may have had a meal at 4am last night here). :biggrin:

That's gonna be my life! :biggrin: Edinburgh College of Art has a shiny new library with zillions of things I want/need/should/will read, so that's my entertainment sorted for the next four years. :cool:

I tend to fall asleep on computers (its how I cure my insomnia :tongue:), so I'd completely fail at doing that. :redface: G'luck with your work though :tongue:
That's gonna be my life! :biggrin: Edinburgh College of Art has a shiny new library with zillions of things I want/need/should/will read, so that's my entertainment sorted for the next four years. :cool:

I'm from Edinburgh and, even though I have never been an ECA student, I have heard some great things about it...!

Today feels like a Sunday.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by warriorheart
I'm sorry, I didn't have any personal experiences with Kalms. :biggrin: If I had the choice, I'd take the second option. :tongue:
What is your presentation about?

Haha! :smile: Something to do with an audit. It really is some boring stuff!

Original post by The Puppet Master
Don't do the shots...

I tried, I failed. Although I did it with sambuca, hadn't eaten for a few days and shot 7 of them. Still, had enough courage to stumble to the lecture :cool:

Unfortunately none of my classmates could understand the slurring and apparently giggling half way through isn't acceptable.

:colondollar: I'm surprised I didn't get kicked from the course, but thankfully my lecturer was very understanding :redface:

Amazing. Did you pass? :teehee: I was thinking about just a couple, just to get merry? But I will probably start sniggering all the way through. Hmmm...

Original post by lcsurfer
Tequilla... it fixes everything :biggrin: the one exam i did with a hangover I got my highest mark in!

The best job interview I ever had I was still half cut from the night before! :biggrin: