Original post by dbmag9
I don't like it when seeing that someone has a boyfriend makes me a bit sad. :/

:frown: Have an anshug :smile:
Stats :sigh:
Holy crap, that audition was INSANE.
Booked an awesomesauce holiday to Florida this weekend, for July :biggrin:
I really miss having coursework.

Just dropping that in there.
Three law exams down, one more to go. *Sigh* But meh competition law is quite straight forward. I'd rather take it tomorrow and get it out the way but have to wait until Thursday.

But... going to The Roxy straight afterwards woohoo :dance: and then moving out of London for the summer on Friday yay!
First exam on wednesday. Eeep.
Reply 2547
Hello gays.
Original post by Gesar
Hello gays.

Long time, no see.
Loving the sig, Gesar, aha.
Original post by Terpsikhore
I really miss having coursework.

Just dropping that in there.

I'm sooo fed up of coursework my 1000 word final question might as well be 10,000 words in Latin about quantom physics :frown:
Moving out of uni this week - can't believe this year has gone so fast!
Ugh - I've gone 4 weeks without getting close to my boyfriend, just being together and relying on Skype to keep up with his life. Cut a long story short he's not out to his gran (who he lives with) and doesn't want to offend her or upset her as he's moving in the next few months, but where we used to go to get close to each other is in plain sight of where she spends most of her time (it's a caravan on his drive and she sits in the window with the curtain open, then with the summer there's the added problem of the curtains being open longer and neighbours being about - one has already 'marked my card' so to speak and we're scared she'll try and out him if she saw us going in there (she's the type!), now I'm looking for a cheap travelodge or something just so we can spend some uninterrupted time together in a loving and close way, something we're both missing terribly and it's getting to me.

We can't really go to my house and be close because of my family - my dad refuses to accept I'm gay (referring to him as my 'mate' and my 'friend'), my mum's fine but she gets awkward (making jokes where they needn't be made) and my sister hates my boyfriend because he's a police officer and is anti-police - she also thought when he was unemployed (constructive dismissal) that he was leeching off me and what little money I'm earning (she didn't know what was going on and made assumptions on what she'd overheard and what vague information she had been told which she chose to relay to all her mates).

I'm really at a loss as to what to do, I love him terribly but I've got no money to spend and I really need to feel his warm body pressed against mine again :frown:
Would love a girlfriend like Elin :teehee:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2afmk4g.jpg
Original post by mikelwhile
Ugh - I've gone 4 weeks without getting close to my boyfriend, just being together and relying on Skype to keep up with his life. Cut a long story short he's not out to his gran (who he lives with) and doesn't want to offend her or upset her as he's moving in the next few months, but where we used to go to get close to each other is in plain sight of where she spends most of her time (it's a caravan on his drive and she sits in the window with the curtain open, then with the summer there's the added problem of the curtains being open longer and neighbours being about - one has already 'marked my card' so to speak and we're scared she'll try and out him if she saw us going in there (she's the type!), now I'm looking for a cheap travelodge or something just so we can spend some uninterrupted time together in a loving and close way, something we're both missing terribly and it's getting to me.

We can't really go to my house and be close because of my family - my dad refuses to accept I'm gay (referring to him as my 'mate' and my 'friend'), my mum's fine but she gets awkward (making jokes where they needn't be made) and my sister hates my boyfriend because he's a police officer and is anti-police - she also thought when he was unemployed (constructive dismissal) that he was leeching off me and what little money I'm earning (she didn't know what was going on and made assumptions on what she'd overheard and what vague information she had been told which she chose to relay to all her mates).

I'm really at a loss as to what to do, I love him terribly but I've got no money to spend and I really need to feel his warm body pressed against mine again :frown:

Awww, so cute :hugs:
Does he assume his gran won't take it well? Is she more conservative? How did the rest of his family take it?

I wish your family would let up. At least your mum is trying (I reckon the awkward jokes are her just trying to just come to terms with it) :smile:

You could always try sneaking around his gran - mot when she's there of course; but if she has routine appointments or places to be, you could accommodate that time to suit yourselves. Unless of course he doesn't feel right doing so.
So sure I will do badly on this exam tommorow at this point I will be happy with a pass as I did decent in the essay. Trying not to think about the exam on Thursday which I will probably do worse at and I have no idea how I did at the essay.

Also trying to get a GP appointment before Saturday is turning into a nightmare.

Better get back to revision. :frown:
Hiya everyone,
Slightly random but is there anyone whose bisexual (preferably a girl) who'd be willing to chat for a bit. I'm in a really confused place right now with my sexuality and I think it might help if I could talk stuff through with someone whose been there so to speak. Thanks :smile:
The massive war that's happening with the Oxford University LGBTQ soc presidential elections is so entertaining. I don't even need TSR to procrastinate now!
Original post by fretter778
The massive war that's happening with the Oxford University LGBTQ soc presidential elections is so entertaining. I don't even need TSR to procrastinate now!

I remember seeing some ridiculous/hilarious argument on an oxford lgbt facebook group a while ago, is it something similar?
Original post by seanfromtheblock
I remember seeing some ridiculous/hilarious argument on an oxford lgbt facebook group a while ago, is it something similar?

It's not the woman/girl argument (that was equally as entertaining). It's a really strange situation.

Firstly it was just the guy wanting it to be less welfare-focused and more social-focused and the woman wanting to keep the welfare but still have a nice social balance. Then after what I can only assume is a torrent of trolling comments by the guy, he's now being slated as a biphobic, transphobic moron. Which is fair enough judging by the stuff he's said and proposed. He now wants there to be an LGB soc and a separate T soc because 'they have different issues'. There's way more to it than that and some of his comments are crazily extreme. It's a proper fiasco.
Original post by fretter778
It's not the woman/girl argument (that was equally as entertaining). It's a really strange situation.

Firstly it was just the guy wanting it to be less welfare-focused and more social-focused and the woman wanting to keep the welfare but still have a nice social balance. Then after what I can only assume is a torrent of trolling comments by the guy, he's now being slated as a biphobic, transphobic moron. Which is fair enough judging by the stuff he's said and proposed. He now wants there to be an LGB soc and a separate T soc because 'they have different issues'. There's way more to it than that and some of his comments are crazily extreme. It's a proper fiasco.

I've actually found it already. it's gold.

It seems to have gone around a bit, because I know people at Glasgow and Bristol who have commented on it.

to be honest, the oxford lbtq soc looks horrific, I wouldn't be voting for any of them.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest