The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by Mad Vlad
I have heat stroke. :frown:

I had that last week. It was 'orrible. That said I get it relatively often when the weather's like this. I'm very sensitive to heat.

Drink lots of squash and eat salty food is my best advice.
Reply 2821
So much love <3
Original post by cpdavis
:console: Get well soon :smile:

Original post by mmmpie
I had that last week. It was 'orrible. That said I get it relatively often when the weather's like this. I'm very sensitive to heat.

Drink lots of squash and eat salty food is my best advice.

Thanks you two. I threw up a bit earlier and have just slept it off since then. I'm feeling a bit better now :smile:
Just had my appointment to apply for a residency permit to live in Germany. They still use the old-fashioned ink fingerprint.

I was taken to a small room alone with this embassy employee who was actually from Berlin. He was a 6'5" giant ex-soldier. He then told me to stand behind him while he did my fingerprints. Each finger, then three fingers, then my entire palm, both hands, then we had to redo it again because it wasn't good enough. It was the most awkward 20 minutes of my life. I practically had to hug him from behind so that he'd be able to hold my hand get all my fingerprints. It was awkward. Good thing he was talkative and really nice.

We then went to the restroom to wash our hands, with his German accent he told me to use "MORE SOAP, MORE SOAP" itwas hilarious.

BERLIN, HERE I COME!!! :h: :party:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The Fez
Just had my appointment to apply for a residency permit to live in Germany. They still use the old-fashioned ink fingerprint.

I was taken to a small room alone with this embassy employee who was actually from Berlin. He was a 6'5" giant ex-soldier. He then told me to stand behind him while he did my fingerprints. Each finger, then three fingers, then my entire palm, both hands, then we had to redo it again because it wasn't good enough. It was the most awkward 20 minutes of my life. I practically had to hug him from behind so that he'd be able to hold my hand get all my fingerprints. It was awkward. Good thing he was talkative and really nice.

We then went to the restroom to wash our hands, with his German accent he told me to use "MORE SOAP, MORE SOAP" itwas hilarious.

The Germans do love their bureaucracy.
Getting nationalised is even harder :tongue:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Thanks you two. I threw up a bit earlier and have just slept it off since then. I'm feeling a bit better now :smile:

:console:
Someone give me some motivation :frown: I have 3 essays to write, and am on an 11 week placement soon, but I am just so knackered at the moment and want a day off but I really need to do some work :frown:
Original post by Crisps
Well then we bth belong in the same club then :tongue:

It's nice to know I am not alone :wink:
Reply 2828
Original post by restoration
Someone give me some motivation :frown: I have 3 essays to write, and am on an 11 week placement soon, but I am just so knackered at the moment and want a day off but I really need to do some work :frown:

Be sparklicious.
Original post by The Fez

So jealous, Berlin's amazing.

Original post by Liam_G

Be sparklicious.

This is perfect, the exact tips I would give someone who asked me how to become sparklicious.
Reply 2830
Original post by thurin
Lying on a patio in the sun frantically purring and yet constantly irritable?

That's not what I meant but it is actually a pretty good description of me minus the sunbathing :holmes:

Original post by Liam_G
OF COURSE WE ARE OBSESSING HOW COULD WE NOT BE OBSESSING. ALSO LAST WEEKS EPISODE WAS CANCELLED AND THIS MAKES ME ANGRY.

Oh Paddy, you has Kill Bill Vol. 1 gif in yo sig :daydreaming: One of my favourite movies ever.

Omg why was it cancelled?? I love it though, SO GLAD it's actually good, was dreading it would be rubbish!

I love Kill Bill, it's probably my favourite movie if I had to pick one :yep:
Finished my degree :biggrin:

Have to move out of halls on Sunday :frown:
Reply 2832
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Finished my degree :biggrin:

Have to move out of halls on Sunday :frown:

Congrats, Sam!

You started celebrating yet? :p:
Original post by Laertes
Congrats, Sam!

You started celebrating yet? :p:

Yesterday, but I was so lame, I flaked out at half ten :frown: There are plans for something big near graduation though where I'll make sure the A Game is with me xD
Reply 2834
Yay, assignment submitted! :biggrin:

My bf has gone on holiday with his friends, so I'm feeling abandoned! Haha.

The sun is nowhere to be seen today... :mad:
It's my first time on here and i'm not really sure what to say other than Hello :smile:
Original post by cpdavis
Hello

Don't let that bother you :hugs:

well i always try to look on the bright side of life :biggrin:
Original post by mmmpie
Nope :frown: No watermelon for me. I must provide pineapple for Liam too if I wants him to come out and play.

Boyfriend?
Reply 2838
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Boyfriend?

Yup. Liam_G, the guy with the gifs.
Reply 2839
Original post by KMLeeson
It's my first time on here and i'm not really sure what to say other than Hello :smile:

Good start :h: Why not fill in the questionnaire and/or tell us about yourself.

Latest