The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ViceVersa
Got a new phone and got a new date! :tongue: :biggrin:

Ooh, very nice. :sexface: I take it you've gone for something sleek and shiny which runs fast?

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5521
Turns out the iPod wasn't broken at all, simply one of my albums was corrupted. Still I got a new iPod and an extension of 6 months to my warranty. :blush:

Original post by Laertes
My old Alsatian had to be put to sleep this evening. I feel, sort of, empty.

:console:

I can understand how you feel. Some years ago (about 3 years, I guess) we had to put down my 19½ years old cat - he'd always been part of my life, and he was such a special, loyal and loving cat. He was practically the fifth member of my family. :emog:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tortious
Ooh, very nice. :sexface: I take it you've gone for something sleek and shiny which runs fast?

Spoiler

Hahaha good one, you got me :giggle: But yes both the phone and the girl are sleek and shiny and runs fast (well she looks like she does :tongue:) :wink:

And I'm the proud owner of a beautiful pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S3 :woo:
Hahaha good one, you got me :giggle: But yes both the phone and the girl are sleek and shiny and runs fast (well she looks like she does :tongue:) :wink:

:ahee:
Not sure if this is the ‘right’ place to post my introduction to student LGBT life but I can’t see anywhere else Unless I go to “Ladies LGBT Introductory Thread”…

I’m Tom, 24, gay and starting at University of York reading Politics with IR.

Your first question is probably 24?!? What?? Well, there is a perfectly good reason; I’ve been in the Royal Navy for the last six years.

I’ve been involved with the LGBT agenda for four years now. I’ve been on the Royal Navy’s LGBT Forum and part of the Diversity & Inclusion Policy team. I’ve worked on plenty of different projects but most recently have been a speaker on behalf of Stonewall and the Navy (Spoken at something like 15/16 schools).

What am I looking forward too? Doing something different; People normally join the Navy after doing Uni, I’ve done it differently and now the Navy pay my fees :smile:

Anyway, say hello, I won’t bite. I’ll sit back and watch until I feel the need to jump into the conversation…

Happy Tuesday team!
Original post by TGHarding
Not sure if this is the ‘right’ place to post my introduction to student LGBT life but I can’t see anywhere else Unless I go to “Ladies LGBT Introductory Thread”…

Your first question is probably 24?!? What?? Well, there is a perfectly good reason; I’ve been in the Royal Navy for the last six years.

I’ve been involved with the LGBT agenda for four years now. I’ve been on the Royal Navy’s LGBT Forum and part of the Diversity & Inclusion Policy team. I’ve worked on plenty of different projects but most recently have been a speaker on behalf of Stonewall and the Navy (Spoken at something like 15/16 schools).

What am I looking forward too? Doing something different; People normally join the Navy after doing Uni, I’ve done it differently and now the Navy pay my fees :smile:

Anyway, say hello, I won’t bite. I’ll sit back and watch until I feel the need to jump into the conversation…

Happy Tuesday team!

Hey Tom,

Nice to meet you! :five: That's really cool stuff! I was fortunate enough to hear Lt Cmdr Mandy McBain speaking in Cambridge last year, and it was interesting to hear about her experiences in the Navy - I don't suppose you worked together on Diversity & Inclusion? Just wondered. :p:

Got much lined up for the summer? :smile:

Ah so jealous! I have a Galaxy S2 which I think is an amazing phone but I want the S3 so much, I really like the blue colour. :smile: I can't upgrade until December unfortunatly.
Hey Tom,

Nice to meet you! :five: That's really cool stuff! I was fortunate enough to hear Lt Cmdr Mandy McBain speaking in Cambridge last year, and it was interesting to hear about her experiences in the Navy - I don't suppose you worked together on Diversity & Inclusion? Just wondered. :p:

Got much lined up for the summer? :smile:

Hi Tortious,

Mandy and I are very good friends - I'm seeing her tonight as it happens!

I'm working up until the last week in September before starting at York on 07 Oct :/ I'll book a holiday for Christmas I think! (I'll need one at that point...)

Is this the right thread to randomly introduce yourself?
Hi Tortious,

Mandy and I are very good friends - I'm seeing her tonight as it happens!

I'm working up until the last week in September before starting at York on 07 Oct :/ I'll book a holiday for Christmas I think! (I'll need one at that point...)

Is this the right thread to randomly introduce yourself?

Yeah, don't worry about posting here - the guys don't seem to have their own thread (and the girls' is dead!), so this is where we all chat anyway. :smile:

I can't believe people are starting at university so late - I thought only Oxbridge started in October, but at this rate I'll be back before most of the people I've spoken to! Still, got a while yet so I can't complain. :p:

What are you working on at the moment?

Happy Tuesday team!

Welcome! Stay forever :h:

I was a sea cadet for years, was planning on joining the Navy as a medical officer once hehe.

Happy Tuesday team!

Hello :wavey:

You seem to have done a lot :yep: Welcome aboard :ahee:
Original post by cpdavis
Hello :wavey:

You seem to have done a lot :yep: Welcome aboard :ahee:

:facepalm2:
:facepalm2:

:mmm:
Original post by InPlainSight
Ah so jealous! I have a Galaxy S2 which I think is an amazing phone but I want the S3 so much, I really like the blue colour. :smile: I can't upgrade until December unfortunatly.

It's amazing indeed :tongue: I was all on getting a white phone but after seeing the Pebble Blue once I couldn't get it out of my head, then the second time (today) I fell in love with it so did a last minute change and asked for the blue! Glad I did too :smile:

Sucks you have to wait ages, but it'll be worth it! :biggrin:
Original post by cpdavis
:mmm:

:teehee:
Happy Tuesday team!

Howdy Sailor :mmm: Welcome to the forum, stay forever and ever!
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent
:teehee:

This was the first time that I chose my words carefully :tongue:
:music: In the Navy...
Urghghgh. Doing dishes in this heat is most unpleasant. Especially after cooking dinner. My flat is roasting ><
My flat is comfortably cool :awesome:

Latest