The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by dbmag9
My phone displays TSR fine as it is; it'd just be nice to not have to wait for a whole main page of one thousand links to load when I all want is to read what they queers have written, and to not have to zoom in and out constantly to log in and read threads.

You could just bookmark the thread :mmm:
Reply 1081
Original post by thurin
Oh dear. There go the last dregs of my productivity then. My TSR umbilical cord is complete >_<

I'm pretty sure I got loads of rep in a dream at some point. I was quite disappointed to wake up and not have gotten like 500 points from Liam in one go. :frown:

I hear the TSR Development Team are working on surgically implanting TSR into your face. When the site goes down everything clever you say is recorded and transcribed directly into Coursework.info. :yep:
Reply 1082
The app has limitations. You can't rep people, and you can't quote people, but it's much faster than the main site and you don't need to zoom in and stuffs
Original post by Crisps
The app has limitations. You can't rep people, and you can't quote people, but it's much faster than the main site and you don't need to zoom in and stuffs

You can quote people. You just have to press the actual message itself and a little menu comes up. Indeed, no rep though.
The only mobile app I've ever been OK with is Facebook. Everything else I have tried, haven't got on ok with
Oooooh I've been selected for jury service. Anyone ever done it?
Reply 1086
Evening everyone! Hope you're all good!

Twas lovely to meet a lot of you on saturday! :smile: xx
Reply 1087
Original post by dbmag9
My phone displays TSR fine as it is; it'd just be nice to not have to wait for a whole main page of one thousand links to load when I all want is to read what they queers have written, and to not have to zoom in and out constantly to log in and read threads.

I second this...
I hate using thetrainline.com on the computer. Their mobile app, by contrast, is an absolute joy to use. If I'm at home on my computer and need to check a train time, I'll actually find my phone and do it that way because it's so much quicker and easier.
Original post by dbmag9
There is an app! And it fits on my phone :biggrin:

Clearly the greatest challenge for this whole endeavour... :teehee:
Original post by goodcookies

Ugh. I dread the day...
Never been asked myself.
One of the medics was due in the exams but has been graciously been allowed to delay till the day after exams. So generous. He plans to turn up looking like a total tory (suit, rotary club tie, telegraph, etc.) and hopes the defence refuse to have him as a juror.
This app is actually pretty excellent. :awesome:
Just finished watched Elena undone. It's a film about soul mates (obviously I chose to watch it because of that, not because it's one of the most passionate gay movies ever) Oh my, that kiss. :sexface:

Original post by goodcookies

Haven't done it but I have been in the court, reporting (like a pro journalist) and I'm afraid to say they always look reeeeeally bored.

I hope your experience is a good one, personally I'd LOVE to be called!
Reply 1094
Original post by Terpsikhore
I hate using thetrainline.com on the computer. Their mobile app, by contrast, is an absolute joy to use. If I'm at home on my computer and need to check a train time, I'll actually find my phone and do it that way because it's so much quicker and easier.

Never ever ever EVER use thetrainline. You'll find cheaper advance fares on the operators' own sites, and most operators don't slap on extra charges like thetrainline does.
Reply 1095
I am in a difficult situation.

I thought I was dating this guy. We meet 2 months ago. He literally begged me to date him. I told him we would be better of as friends after a few dates. He said we were always friends and blamed me saying that I just assumed we were dating.

Now, I suggested we meet up. His agreed. I am not sure if I want too? I know in terms of gay role model, he doesn't have one and is quite isolated. I have got a feeling it might get slightly awkward....however, there is potential for us to be friends.

However, this guy does a lot of weird stuff...his got some mental health issues and lies about the most silliest stuff/contradicts himself. He told me had never dated before, now all of sudden he has 4 dates before me... Also, he keeps saying about how he usually just ignores people who he meets on nights out (i.e. thats how he meet me.). He also discussed about how his friends, dared him to "give it a go"...in regards to dating me?

Also, he never gets in contact with me....so i am not sure, if he actually wants to be friends with me or....is just doing it out politeness...?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JustMe2
I am in a difficult situation.

I thought I was dating this guy. We meet 2 months ago. He literally begged me to date him. I told him we would be better of as friends after a few dates. He said we were always friends and blamed me saying that I just assumed we were dating.

Now, I suggested we meet up. His agreed. I am not sure if I want too? I know in terms of gay role model, he doesn't have one and is quite isolated. I have got a feeling it might get slightly awkward....however, there is potential for us to be friends.

However, this guy does a lot of weird stuff...his got some mental health issues and lies about the most silliest stuff/contradicts himself. He told me had never dated before, now all of sudden he has 4 dates before me... Also, he keeps saying about how he usually just ignores people who he meets on nights out (i.e. thats how he meet me.). He also discussed about how his friends, dared him to "give it a go"...in regards to dating me?

Also, he never gets in contact with me....so i am not sure, if he actually wants to be friends with me or....is just doing it out politeness...?

**** can it.
Reply 1097
Original post by Crisps
Never ever ever EVER use thetrainline. You'll find cheaper advance fares on the operators' own sites, and most operators don't slap on extra charges like thetrainline does.

I use thetrainline all the time, and they've always had cheaper fares than those I've found on operator's own sites :mute:

I've just worked out the cheapest tickets for the same return journey (on exactly the same days) via the trainline and VirginTrains:

Trainline: £72.50

VirginTrains: £75.90

And the Virgin one had more changes.
Reply 1098
Original post by Mad Vlad
**** can it.

Sorry?
Reply 1099
Original post by Liam_G
I use thetrainline all the time, and they've always had cheaper fares than those I've found on operator's own sites :mute:

I've just worked out the cheapest tickets for the same return journey (on exactly the same days) via the trainline and VirginTrains:

Trainline: £72.50

VirginTrains: £75.90

And the Virgin one had more changes.

They all use the same database, and as those are probably full price tickets, I can't see why the routes and pricing would be different. But operators do keep their cheapest Advance fares to their own sites, or offer an extra discount on their own Advance fares on their own site.

Latest