The Student Room Group

Staying during Easter

Hey, I'm staying at uni over the Easter break. Is anyone else also staying at uni for majority/all of the break? I need some ideas on how to keep busy and occupied so that I don't feel lonely -- everyone else is leaving! Thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jazzykinks
Hey, I'm staying at uni over the Easter break. Is anyone else also staying at uni for majority/all of the break? I need some ideas on how to keep busy and occupied so that I don't feel lonely -- everyone else is leaving! Thanks x

Yeah my uni finished a week ago but i'm staying put. It does get lonely, but its not so bad because i have a part time job which i enjoy and i've been able to get more hours there, plus one of my friends is still here because he's running a half marathon on Sunday. When he leaves i'm on my own for 2 weeks until everyone comes back (we're coming back early for a pre term night out just like we did in January).

Do you have any work to do? I've got a 4000 word essay to write so i've been doing the reading for that, and getting my notes organised so i can start some revision soon. You've also still got several ways to contact your friends, they will still want to speak to you :smile: Is there any possibility you can meet up with a couple of them for example a few of us are this weekend because its someones birthday! Since everyone else in my kitchen has gone home, everything is guarenteed to be free so i'm teaching myself to cook a few things as well.

Other than that in all honesty i've just been watching films/tv series. It does get boring but if you get hooked on something it does make the time pass. Because its really nice weather i'll go out for a walk as well. Just stick your ipod on and go somewhere its suprisingly fun!

Good luck and i'm sure the time will pass quicker than you think :smile:
Reply 2
I only have revision to do :\ but that won't take the whole month and I don't really have a lot of friends -- those that I do have live really far from uni. Thanks for the tips though :smile: I'll try and get into a tv show or something, though tv/films have never been something I really like to do in my spare time! I'm just going to have way too much time on my hands x
Reply 3
I only have revision to do :\ but that won't take the whole month and I don't really have a lot of friends -- those that I do have live really far from uni. Thanks for the tips though :smile: I'll try and get into a tv show or something, though tv/films have never been something I really like to do in my spare time! I'm just going to have way too much time on my hands x

watch all 10 seasons of friends :L .... or watch big bang theory ... its hilarious :biggrin: (y)...im not at uni but i am alone all easter aswell :frown:
Reply 4
It kind of sucks :\ I have simple stuff to do, like daily routine and go to the gym, but really that doesn't take that long. I'm stuck for ideas. Watching all of Friends does sound appealing, however! But do you ever get those moods where you don't feel like watching anything? Hate them but they happen all the time to me. x
Reply 5
Does anyone have any book recommendations? I'd like to get into reading again. I'm looking for an easy read (no classics please -- I usually love them but I want to get involved in the story, not the sentence structure!), preferably some romance but willing to take any other suggestions. x
Reply 6
I'm going back a week early so I can get work done with no distractions. I did that for winter break as well, which worked.
Reply 7
Original post by No Man
I'm going back a week early so I can get work done with no distractions. I did that for winter break as well, which worked.

Agreed, that does work, but I'm having to stay here the whole month! Don't know how to occupy myself. I'm not exactly studious either...so spending the whole break revising just won't happen!
Reply 8
Agreed, that does work, but I'm having to stay here the whole month! Don't know how to occupy myself. I'm not exactly studious either...so spending the whole break revising just won't happen!

So you haven't got any assignments that need to be given in after easter?
Reply 9
Original post by No Man
So you haven't got any assignments that need to be given in after easter?

No :\ all the deadlines were for the last week of term, thankfully. Stressful but they're out of the way! x
Does anyone have any book recommendations? I'd like to get into reading again. I'm looking for an easy read (no classics please -- I usually love them but I want to get involved in the story, not the sentence structure!), preferably some romance but willing to take any other suggestions. x

have you read twilight or the hunger games ? :smile: i would recommend the hunger games personally :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by techno836
have you read twilight or the hunger games ? :smile: i would recommend the hunger games personally :biggrin:

Twilight makes me want to cry. I hate it. May give Hunger Games a go though! x
Read some stories by Roald Dahl...no one could be bored with them! Try My Uncle Oswald if you're not into short stories.
The Wasp Factory, About a Boy, biographies of fun people like Constance Markievicz (yar Irish coursework), Natalie Clifford Barney, Rebecca West etc...Harry Potter of course!

Watch Psycho in the middle of the room in the dark.
Reply 13
Original post by chinaberry
Read some stories by Roald Dahl...no one could be bored with them! Try My Uncle Oswald if you're not into short stories.
The Wasp Factory, About a Boy, biographies of fun people like Constance Markievicz (yar Irish coursework), Natalie Clifford Barney, Rebecca West etc...Harry Potter of course!

Watch Psycho in the middle of the room in the dark.

Haha, just got Netflix so seriously contemplating watching Insidious in the dark for banter! x

im staying too because ive had to make Uni my home lol. I dont have a home to go to :frown:

I am bored already and its not even end of first week. Very few people I know are up here still :frown:

Dreading summer- gonna be here for 3.5 months on my own arghhhhhhhh!

I have a job but it only takes up a few hours a week :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by pinkangelgirl
im staying too because ive had to make Uni my home lol. I dont have a home to go to :frown:

I am bored already and its not even end of first week. Very few people I know are up here still :frown:

Dreading summer- gonna be here for 3.5 months on my own arghhhhhhhh!

I have a job but it only takes up a few hours a week :frown:

I've had to make uni my home too :\ my actual home life is rubbish so I have to stay here if I want to keep my sanity. I'm bored as well, but I know that people will be back within the month so that's keeping me going. Gosh, aren't you going on holiday for the summer at all? I'm going Tenerife for a week and Italy for 6 weeks in total so it's not going to be so bad for me. x
I've had to make uni my home too :\ my actual home life is rubbish so I have to stay here if I want to keep my sanity. I'm bored as well, but I know that people will be back within the month so that's keeping me going. Gosh, aren't you going on holiday for the summer at all? I'm going Tenerife for a week and Italy for 6 weeks in total so it's not going to be so bad for me. x

no im not :frown: i dont have a boyfriend or anyone to go on holiday with, and im so stupid i dont think id handle going on my own, as fun as it might be. Though i might randomly book a last minute package to keep my sanity :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by pinkangelgirl
no im not :frown: i dont have a boyfriend or anyone to go on holiday with, and im so stupid i dont think id handle going on my own, as fun as it might be. Though i might randomly book a last minute package to keep my sanity :tongue:

Awww you should. Even if you go alone, you'll have a really good time to relax, chill and try new things! x
How long is the Easter break at Uni? Is it really a month long?!
Original post by Princess Kawaii
How long is the Easter break at Uni? Is it really a month long?!

At some unis yes, atlhough at others including mine (UEA) its 3 weeks and I believe Nottingham Trent only have 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending