St. Mary's is one of the universities I have an offer from (for Creative Writing & Film and Popular Culture) and am considering, and I just wanted to ask some questions to anyone who goes there/has been there.
- Do you think going to a university around a city as big as London makes it harder to make friends/means there's less of a community feel? I worry about not having a general area to go out where everyone will know each other.
- Do you think the fact that it's so small means it's more difficult to meet like-minded people, or is it possibly easier?
- Is the atmosphere on campus lively and friendly with a good community feel? Do most people tend to live on campus?
- What's the SU like? How do most people seem to spend their social lives?
- Which halls there are the best for making friends and so on? I don't want to be in halls where everyone just lives in the same space but doesn't socialise.
- What's the LGBT scene like? (I'm female, bisexual but prefer girls, if that matters.)
- What are the students like? (I know obviously they're all going to be different, but for example, a lot of students from Bath Spa mentioned that students there seem to be arty types, is there anything like that you've noticed?)
Thank you, I'll be really grateful for any responses!
Some questions about St. Mary's Twickenham
|How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey||02-12-2016|
|Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting!||02-11-2016|