changing uni between Years 2 and 3?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Roger Rabbit
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi there!

I am wondering if it's possible to transfer from Uni A to Uni B between years 2 and 3. At most unis your exam results from year 2 count towards your degree and I wonder if this would be a problem to Uni B.

Ever heard of someone who changed uni after his second year?

Many thanks for any input.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Roger Rabbit)
Hi there!

I am wondering if it's possible to transfer from Uni A to Uni B between years 2 and 3. At most unis your exam results from year 2 count towards your degree and I wonder if this would be a problem to Uni B.

Wow, this is surprising.

Why change now?
Roger Rabbit
I am just fed up with Brighton as a town. Quiet small and people are quiet offbeat as well. I am currently on a business degree but want to change to somewhere in London... Possible?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As I said in one of the other threads you've started about this - it's extemely unlikely unless you're on a 4 yr course.

However the only people who will be able to answer for sure are the admissions tutors for the university you want to change to.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi there!

Can't you just ask the admissions tutors? Surely they'd know best.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I wouldn't change just because it's too much hassle for everyone.
Roger Rabbit
I emailed some admissions tutors already, but the haven't replied yet.
Roger Rabbit
Okay, the general outlook for switching your uni after year two seems a bit bleak according to your statements here.
But anyway, I will be holding a Diploma of Higher Education after my second year here. So I am hoping this in conjunction with good marks will win over some admission tutors in London. What do you reckon?
Roger Rabbit
So... What do you guys think. Is it possible to switch after year 2?
onlylittleme
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am just fed up with Brighton as a town. Quiet small and people are quiet offbeat as well. I am currently on a business degree but want to change to somewhere in London... Possible?
But Brighton is an awesome town! There is so much to do and everyone is happy, and if you get bored, well you have the sea! Plus you are not far from London
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So... What do you guys think. Is it possible to switch after year 2?
It's possible to switch but not into year 3 - you would most likely have to use you HND equivalent to enter yr 2 and spend the final 2 yrs at university without any means tested grants/loans/fee remission.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (19)
38%
Take autumn exams (20)
40%
Look for a job (1)
2%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2%
Take a year out (6)
12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6%

Watched Threads