The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey. i had migraines. constant horrible migraines. migraines that would make you want to vomit. try reflexology ! it really helped me!
Reply 2
mrteacher
hey. i had migraines. constant horrible migraines. migraines that would make you want to vomit. try reflexology ! it really helped me!

Usually helps when you're not going through the stress of moving house and your father being made redundant. :frown:

Don't think anything would cure it at the moment love, but thanks. :smile:

What did you used to take for them? Migraleve usually works for me, but not for this one. :frown:
Reply 3
i took Postan 500 forte but for a while i took something much stronger though i cant remember what!
also remember: drink loads and loads of water. PM for more. my boyfriend is an alternative health practisioner - he does reflexology and aromatherapy and massage. i will ask him what u can do and i ll PM or post it here for the benefits of other. he can give you advice on essential oils etc so i ll ask him and tell you. trust me migraines can be cured!!.

good night and talk to you soon:smile: xx big hug for all you are goin through
Reply 4
I get HORRIBLE migraines. In fact, I just had one yesterday/today. I take AscoTop 5mg for them, but I don't know whether that's available in the UK or maybe called differently. It helps pretty well and it's the only treatment I have found to work on me. All usual migraine remedies failed me and I have even had to take tumor-medicine because it was the only thing strong enough to ease the pain :frown: I definitely know how you feel and I was actually just about to open a migraine thread myself because they're so horrible :frown: I have never had the smell thing tho and you're right, brain tumors do bring on phantom smells, but if you've been diagnosed with migraines, you're unlikely to have one as it should have been found then, shouldn't it? They've run all sorts of tests with me, because I was positive I had one or something similar, because the pain was just SO intense. But it's just migraines and apparently, there's not even much you can do, except try and help the pain when it's there.... my neurologist says it might get better after I've had a child because my hormones will change. Ray of hope, eh :p:
Reply 5
If you need a homeopathic remedy.....pm me.......i'll need more details of the migraine......where it starts, what side, where it ends up, what kind of pain, how long does it usually last for etc...mail me.
Reply 6
ll be posting details there. i havent had a migraine since my treatments. my migraines were as if i had nails plunged into my haid and someone kept hitting them with a hammer on the inside. i often felt like vomiting
Reply 7
Just woke up, and the sodding thing is still attacking my brain with a pneumatic drill. :frown:
Reply 8
I don't get migraines but I have had a headache for one month and 28 days now, and I often smell things that aren't there. I know how annoying it is. :frown: Thankfully it's usually nice-smelling stuff, but when it's horrible-smelling pretend smells, I wish I were... nose-deaf. :p:
Reply 9
nuclearbuddha
I don't get migraines but I have had a headache for one month and 28 days now

Erm... shouldn't you see your GP about that?
Reply 10
nuclearbuddha
Yeah, have done. He thinks it's a really long headache down to stress, but... I'm not stressed. Ah well.

Sounds like a migraine to me. I'd go back and ask for some free stuff on prescription for it.

I've been told by various doctors that there are two reasons why paracetamol won't work on a headache - either it's a brain tumour or a migraine. So you'd best go hassle your GP.
Reply 11
nuclearbuddha
Well, doubt it's a brain tumour because my mum had one so that'd be too much of a coincidence, but it could be a migraine I suppose, because I do see flashes. Well, they're black ones and people always talk about white flashes of light, but it's the same idea. I just didn't think it could be a migraine because I don't think I've ever had them before so I had nothing to compare this to.

I might go nag the doctor about it.

It's definitely a migraine love. I get the 'flashes', and they're often black rather than white.

Amazing how civil we are today, eh? :wink:
Reply 12
Not really. :p: It's ideas I'll attack, not people. Attack isn't really the word hehehe.

I'd only heard about seeing white flashes so for somebody else who sees black flashes to know that this is a sign of a migraine... that's quite helpful.
Reply 13
nuclearbuddha
I'd only heard about seeing white flashes so for somebody else who sees black flashes to know that this is a sign of a migraine... that's quite helpful.

Black flashes too then? On the dark side, you are...
i hate migraines. specially when i get nosebleeds at the same time. makes me dizzy and just generally out of it.

havnt found a cure yet sept sleep. sleep usually sorts it for me.
Reply 15
I hate people who say "i got a bad migraine" when they just have a slight headache. Considering I been through some killer migraines myself it pisses me off for these idiots to say such things.

When I get them to avoid throwing up I have to go to bed, make the room as dark as I can, and get to sleep before I throw up.
Pills are for wimps and druggies. Either drink yourself into a stupor or ignore the pain/tunnel vision etc. You can do it.
A Middle Age cure for migraines was the application of leeches or bloodletting through
small cuts, a practice that persisted through the Middle Ages. ...
http://www.headachenech.com/conquering/
A more modern method is the removal of the head via the neck and the reattachment of a less painful head. This method, although risky, has clear medical and cosmetic advantages - as well as being handy for the man on the most wanted list!
Sithius
I hate people who say "i got a bad migraine" when they just have a slight headache. Considering I been through some killer migraines myself it pisses me off for these idiots to say such things.

When I get them to avoid throwing up I have to go to bed, make the room as dark as I can, and get to sleep before I throw up.

agreed. if they can still walk they dont have a bad migraine.

Latest

Trending

Trending