Turn on thread page Beta

Navel piercings watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have an inverse navel piercing - on the bottom. And yes it hurt like a focker! It bled everywhere :s Worth it though, 'cause it's uber cute! But everyone I know who has the top done says it doesn't hurt, so, go for it ya big softie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    Do goths have belly button piercings?

Haha, that was the first thing I was wondering about as well Each to their own, I guess

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else have an inverse navel piercing? what are your experiences? i am considering to get this done instead of the standard piercing and i have no idea if it hurst more/if its harder to pierce and heal

ReputationRep:
    Had mine done when i was 14, dont particularly like needles either bt it was fine. of course u do feel something, literally a sharp pinch but the week after u get it done is worse than getting it done, cos it stings. but well worth it, u can take it out if u dont like it etc. besides i got a tattoo after that, and the pain of havin your belly button pierced is nothing compared to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottoncandy76)
    does anyone else have an inverse navel piercing? what are your experiences? i am considering to get this done instead of the standard piercing and i have no idea if it hurst more/if its harder to pierce and heal
    I'm going to get mine done soon, just waiting for my PE practicals to stop so I won't catch it! Check out http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/07-navel/bme-pg07.html for a few pics (under multi navels and navel projects), then look up people's experiences on the right. It's very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Mine's inverse (on the bottom) so it did hurt quite a bit, with it going through flesh, rather than skin, and it did bleed. But I love it, I really do. Totally worth the "pain". No pain, no gain. Just go for it.

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who has both an inverse and a top belly button piercing, which does look quite odd

ReputationRep:
    mine didnt hurt at all. a question though has anyone had theirs repierced after it was rejected? the skin disappeared in the middle gradually after i moved now theres a nice red scar i would love to get it redone but obviously dont want it rejecting!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BeckiM)
    mine didnt hurt at all. a question though has anyone had theirs repierced after it was rejected? the skin disappeared in the middle gradually after i moved now theres a nice red scar i would love to get it redone but obviously dont want it rejecting!
    I did, but mine rejected again. Although I had them both done in february and they both rejected in early september, so I thiunk it may be something to do with being bashed at reading Festival.

There are laods of successful re-piercing stories, but it depends why the first one rejected and whether you've changed that.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine done was I was about 13 or 14, but it rejected. That time, it was done at a Tattoo place so they numbed it and I didn't feel it at all. But I got it done a year later at a Beauty place and it really hurt, in my honest opinion. It wasn't unbearable. (So for the person above, there's no reason to say it will reject again! I only got rid of mine last summer, so the second time it lasted for four years with no real problems)

I took it out last year anyway, when I realised that naval piercings actually look quite daft,.

ReputationRep:
    the piercing itself doesn't hurt but be prepared for a long fight with infections-mine took more than a year to heal(well,the fact i didn't take much care of it after the piercing may have contirbuted ;p) but yea,i've had my tongue and nipps done and the navel took the longest to heal!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katia)
    Mine's inverse (on the bottom) so it did hurt quite a bit, with it going through flesh, rather than skin, and it did bleed. But I love it, I really do. Totally worth the "pain". No pain, no gain. Just go for it.
    Just a quick question... how long was it before your inverse healed... not completely, but until it stopped being red and sore? I'm really keen on getting mine done, but I play a lot of sport so it might be better to wait until the season is over befor I get it done. Obviously I know everyone's healing times are different, but I just want an idea. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    well mine didnt hurt but i went in expecting it to... all my friends were like it hurts there are two pains its the second one that hurts! but i think that might be because they wern't expecting it, cos i was i think it didnt hurt for me, but it did aftawards... id just go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    i know someone who has both an inverse and a top belly button piercing, which does look quite odd

I know someone with that.

It looks good

I prefer the inverse piercings to normal navel piercings, as it happens. But not enough to get it done myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    Both of my best mates have that done, it looks hot.
    When I have some spare cash I'm gonna see about having mine pierced twice more

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm doing, getting it done at the bottom under the standard one I have already! I want it done sooo badly, but it's just waiting for the right moment, plus I want to lose a bit of the flab on my belly first! :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2006
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.